It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA.

bigbearsfan

The topic of the thread was simply if it stinks to be Alcoa in 2A or not. I stated a long time ago that I think not.

Anywho...

Again the arrogance I speak of..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />*sigh*

But an interesting fact for you....

I've been searching for the definition of "hype" because I just didn't get Alcoa being "too hype"....but now I got it and it proves my point every so wonderfully....

hype: noun: a deception carried out for the sake of publicity

interesting....

Yes in standard english that is what hype means but Alcoa is using it in a different context, as an urban slang term as an abbreviation of the word hyperactive meaning that Alcoa is overly excited, rowdy, or raucous.

but good try maybe next time

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show this post to your English teacher. Maybe you can get a tutor after football practice is over.

Does Alcoa teachers show you the difference between have and has?

Are you comparing to Gibson County???????? Please.........Alcoa HAS the highest paid teachers in the state along with Maryville.

So how exactly do I get the "overboard" award when I'm simply stating my fricken OPINION???

My whole point is I'm NOT worried about Alcoa!! I'm just annoyed at their "holier-than thou" attitude.

And I believe I retracted my players statement and changed it to fans/students.

And I also don't believe I've EVER said I "hate" Alcoa. I have nothing against these talented kids.

But it's people like you that annoy me.

Now you are whining! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

B.T. Washington W 56-0

Wartburg W 44-0

Oliver Springs W 62-0

Sweetwater W 51-0

Rockwood W 52-0

Loudon W 37-0

Cumberland Gap 2A Playoffs W 68-0

The Alcoa shut-out machine is getting hungry for purple bulldog! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I rest my case.

Please.........Alcoa HAS the highest paid teachers in the state along with Maryville.

Great! Now I see my tax dollars are being used for nothing basically. Lovely...

Sorry I'm not up on "urban slang"....we don't really teach that out here in the west.

As far as whining....I have NEVER whined. I just state my opinion like the rest of you.

I could really care less how good Alcoa has been in the past. All that matters is next Friday night for them and Tonight for my Bulldogs.

As far as the shut-outs....BIG WHOOP! I should hope that the number one seed would be able to handily beat the number eight in each quad. At Milan, we let ALL of our players get field time. I'm sure Alcoa does the same...but our younger players aren't as experienced as our first string. So they make basic mistakes and give up some points. But who really cares? A win is a win is a win is a win. If the score is 68-0 or 56-6....still a W in the column!

As far as the roads....the east thinks theirs is harder, the west thinks theirs is harder, middle thinks theirs is harder. That's never gonna change. Tennessee plays 3 different types of football...West, Middle, and East! That's a fact and will never change.

But anyway I'm sure plenty of you will have more to say about this....which makes me giggle.

Great! Now I see my tax dollars are being used for nothing basically. Lovely...

Sorry I'm not up on "urban slang"....we don't really teach that out here in the west.

As far as whining....I have NEVER whined. I just state my opinion like the rest of you.

I could really care less how good Alcoa has been in the past. All that matters is next Friday night for them and Tonight for my Bulldogs.

As far as the shut-outs....BIG WHOOP! I should hope that the number one seed would be able to handily beat the number eight in each quad. At Milan, we let ALL of our players get field time. I'm sure Alcoa does the same...but our younger players aren't as experienced as our first string. So they make basic mistakes and give up some points. But who really cares? A win is a win is a win is a win. If the score is 68-0 or 56-6....still a W in the column!

As far as the roads....the east thinks theirs is harder, the west thinks theirs is harder, middle thinks theirs is harder. That's never gonna change. Tennessee plays 3 different types of football...West, Middle, and East! That's a fact and will never change.

But anyway I'm sure plenty of you will have more to say about this....which makes me giggle.

The fact that all your players play is good, but all Alcoa's players play as well and they roll up those big numbers because they have talent stacked up from SR-FR and their JV can get it done as well. Coach Rankin would not run up the score just to do it, he is a very classy coach that just happens to have a VERY good team and when you put your young players in you cant tell them not to score! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> By the way I dont think you'll be giggling much if you have to play the Tornados in the SHIP, because its very likely to be a BAD beatin! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

B.T. Washington W 56-0

Wartburg W 44-0

Oliver Springs W 62-0

Sweetwater W 51-0

Rockwood W 52-0

Loudon W 37-0

Cumberland Gap 2A Playoffs W 68-0

The Alcoa shut-out machine is getting hungry for purple bulldog! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Spring Hill got 3 in the first half. Yahoooooooooooo /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well I'm sorry if I just don't agree that Alcoa will "roll" over Milan IF they get to meet. And it's great to know that stating my opinion apparently makes me a "dumb" blonde...even though I'm a brunette.

And I never said Alcoa purposely runs up the score because I believe they are a classy group just like Milan. Who if you don't know, started kicking field goals last week, to keep from running the score up.

Anywho...apology accepted because unlike some people I don't think this stuff to heart. I've just always been told I could argue with a brick wall....so this playful bantering helps me arguing with my friends and family who actually have to LIVE with me! LoL