It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA.

bigbearsfan

Guest nwtnsports

I am realistic in thinking they can do it. If you sit back and say you don't have a snowball's chance in heck, then you don't, because you've defeated yourself before you even step on the field.

Am I sitting here saying we're gonna blow whoever we play, be it Alcoa or Boyd or whoever makes it there out of the water? NOPE. Am I saying I think they can win? YEP! Because just like Tradition said.....ANY team can be beaten on any given night...including Milan, Alcoa, Camden, Tyner, Boyd Buch, etc.

I hate people who doubt their teams.

I respect your opinion and admire your optimism. I feel like Alcoa is far and away the best team in AA, but we've reached the playoffs and anything CAN happen. We'll see just how realistic you and I have been in a month from today, when the state champion has been crowned. Until then, best of luck to Milan and the other 31 teams that are playing. (By the way, "my team" plays Division I college football.)

Everybody just play ball, practice hard, and when the lights turn on LETS GET IT and may the best team win. This is what's great about football is playoff time. This is like Christmas for me seeing all the great games, great teams play ball. A football fan could not ask for much more.

Great post.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see just how realistic you and I have been in a month from today, when the state champion has been crowned.

My attitude won't change one month from today, two months from today, 24 months from today.

I'm not saying we are the BEST team out there. We're probably not. But I guarantee you won't find a group of guys, girls, fans, players, band members, cheerleaders, etc. that has more heart than Milan. You cut us, we bleed purple.

And like I've said before, if they do make it and don't walk away with gold, I'll still proudly wear my purple and hold my head high, stink it up and wait for next August!

Everybody just play ball, practice hard, and when the lights turn on LETS GET IT and may the best team win. This is what's great about football is playoff time. This is like Christmas for me seeing all the great games, great teams play ball. A football fan could not ask for much more.

That means I don't have to get you anything, right??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Everybody call your coaches tell them to go HOME cause Alcoa is 100,000% garaunteed to win state. Wow, i guess thre's no since in playin the state game just play up until the semi's and give the winner in the West thier Silver ball, and Give ALCOA their Gold ball now.

Hey I don't care who Alcoa plays, will Alcoa beat any 2a team in the state PROBABLY, but there is always the chance that some team could COULD PULL OFF THE IMPOSSIBLE. Not tryin to show disrespect to the Tornadoes, cause I won't lie I would love to be able to say Hey, I have Four Championsip Rings, and Four Gold Balls, Now try and beat me if you think you can. I plyed for Camden the closet I ever came to playin for a ring was the Quarter-Finals, but if someone told me I was gonna lose 100% for sure, I'd still go out and try to prove them wrong.

That bein said Good LUck, Milan, Usj, Camden, Huntingdon, SC, GP, CPA, Tyner, and ANYONE ELSE WHO might be able to UNSEAT THE GOD LIKE Tornadoes of Alcoa.

For the people that hate the fact that Alcoa is going to win another gold ball, all I can say is go out and work harder next year and try to stop them. Don't hate them because they're a great team though.

You assume they are going to win the gold ball. Alcoa is a truely good football team, but the season is not over yet. Its week one this week for 32 teams in 2A. Our players are working hard everyday to get to December 5, like alot of other teams.

I don't hate Alcoa because they are good. I DISLIKE them because of their arrogance.

His is alcoa arrogant when 1) Other teams fans talk more about alcoa than the Alcoa fans do. Also, it would seem to me that they have a right to be proud of their team just like any other teams fans do. Alcoa has won 4 titles in a row and 5 since 2000. Since that 2000 season they have been in the semi-finals every season except 2002. Since the start of the 2004 season they have a record of 64-6 with the losses coming to maryville and fulton, who won state each year the beat them. Not only have they not lost a 2-A game but every single win has been by double digits with huntingdon coming closest to winning with an 11 point loss. Alcoa fans are like any other teams fans, they love to support their team. but for some reason when alcoa and maryville fans support their team they are arrogant and cocky. This isnt the case, those two schools are proud to represent blount county and blount county is glad to have them both. Every teams fans want to stand up and be proud that their team won a state championship and Alcoas fans have just been more fortunate than most. I realize as do all alcoa fans that one day alcoa will lose and not win the title but thats just a part of it. right now alcoa is on a great run as is maryville, which is great for blount county and great for tennessee high school football.

When you have players from Alcoa on here telling other teams that they don't stand a chance. When they say they are 100% positive they will add another gold ball to their collection. When they throw it in everyone faces that they "can't be beat"...that's the arrogance I'm referring to.

What "players" are on here saying they can't be beat? I don't think any "players" are on here saying that - fans maybe - but not "players." They are too busy getting ready to play football tonight - period. They are focused on one game and one game only right now. Our fans are just as proud of Alcoa as you are for your team - that doesn't make us "arrogant" when we believe in our team as your believe in yours. We understand more than anyone that you have to take one game at a time and if we should be so fortunate to meet up with your team in the burro - Then I will be the most "arrogant" Alcoa fan you will see!