It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA.

bigbearsfan

When you have players from Alcoa on here telling other teams that they don't stand a chance. When they say they are 100% positive they will add another gold ball to their collection. When they throw it in everyone faces that they "can't be beat"...that's the arrogance I'm referring to.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just a few of the statements I'm referring to....

On December 5, a very disappointed one.

If Milan can get there.

I was just funnin' with ya.

If there is a gimme though, Alcoa will be in the Boro on Dec 5.

Just as the sun rises in the East.

Meet me there or beat me there!

TO be 100% honest our getting their is more assured than yours , but i hope to see you all in the Boro.

I'm not doubting that Alcoa is probably the team to beat in 2A....But STOP FREAKING TELLING US ALREADY. We GOT it!

My point is you can't say anything positive about YOUR team without someone pointing out the fact that Alcoa is going for their 5th in a row, and is "gonna win", and show how much better they are. That's arrogance....

When you have players from Alcoa on here telling other teams that they don't stand a chance. When they say they are 100% positive they will add another gold ball to their collection. When they throw it in everyone faces that they "can't be beat"...that's the arrogance I'm referring to.

Please quote the player or fan of Alcoa you are referring too? I don't see where someone said "can't be beat" or "don't stand a chance".................those seem to be your words?

According to Noah Webster's most famous publication one who is arrogant is disposed to exagerate one's own worth or importance often in an overbearing manner. Based on past results (winning four consecutive state championships) Alcoa fans are simply projecting foward that the status quo will be maintaied. Is this an exageration of Alcoa's worth or is it simply stating what Alcoa is; the team that will continue to mantain a high level of play. Based on what was stated earlier, no team in 2A has come within 11 points in the past five seasons why would Alcoa think any different, they are not being arrogant they are being realistic.

Until they are beat, they can talk all they want. However, their team and their fans are classy when you play them. Most of the talking is on the scoreboard.

Personally if my team is not going to win I would prefer at least on of our region teams to win it.

Does it stink cause we're not alcoa? no, just gives us something to work toward every year.

These are just a few of the statements I'm referring to....

I'm not doubting that Alcoa is probably the team to beat in 2A....But STOP FREAKING TELLING US ALREADY. We GOT it!

My point is you can't say anything positive about YOUR team without someone pointing out the fact that Alcoa is going for their 5th in a row, and is "gonna win", and show how much better they are. That's arrogance....

These are not "players" for Alcoa

What "players" are on here saying they can't be beat? I don't think any "players" are on here saying that - fans maybe - but not "players." They are too busy getting ready to play football tonight - period. They are focused on one game and one game only right now. Our fans are just as proud of Alcoa as you are for your team - that doesn't make us "arrogant" when we believe in our team as your believe in yours. We understand more than anyone that you have to take one game at a time and if we should be so fortunate to meet up with your team in the burro - Then I will be the most "arrogant" Alcoa fan you will see!

I concur. There are no players that post. Just a few students. And I am one of those 100%'ers. I have seen what is out there, and I can honestly say that there is no team with the talent, depth and SPEED that Alcoa has. Nobody, Maryville included, has busted a BIG play (40+ yards) on Alcoa since the Huntingdon game. While Alcoa has scored quickly. VERY quickly.

Goodpasture, CAK, Maryville all have shown you may be able to move the ball between the 20's, but sealing the deal is a different story. Even the Evil Empire had to settle for a pair of field goals this season, which was the difference in the game.

We are hearing a lot of talk from a lot of people that have been saying that they are going to the "Ship this year and in years past. (Milan, Camden, CPA, the list goes on. But, Goodpasture fans are being awful quiet. Better hope that the Cougars don't get a hot hand or we will be seeing ALCOA-GP IV.

giving yourself a gold ball before Dec. 5th.....that's not pride it's arrogance IMO

No it is an expectation that the team he supports will finish in the exact same place they have finished the past four seasons; would it be arrogant for milan fans to expect to loose in quater or semi finals? No it would not, but I explained this a few posts ago and you did not understand it then evidently, so my efforts are probably futile in posting this.