It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA.

bigbearsfan

giving yourself a gold ball before Dec. 5th.....that's not pride it's arrogance IMO

It is not arrogance, it is a combination of pride and expectation. We expect nothing less than a gold ball. He is just assuming that Alcoa will win it all again and I agree. So quit being uptight about our projections. I was a fan before they started winning championships and I will remain a fan when they lose again whenever that may be.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post on coacht but I have been a long time reader and fan. I've seen a few teams play in 2A this year. In west TN, I've seen JCS, USJ, and Milan. In east TN I've seen Boyd and Tyner. Personally I feel that Milan is overrated. After watching them play JCS and then watching JCS blow a game against USJ because of turnovers and penalties I don't feel that they can compete statewide. After watching Boyd and Tyner play last week I think either of these teams would easily handle Milan, JCS, or USJ. That being said, I've never seen Alcoa play other than on tv in the State Championships and it seems to be a very realistic statement. It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA. I would love to see them get knocked off but I don't think anyone has the talent to match up with them this year. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. Go Eagles and Bucs!

Again, I am an outsider, and I have no dog in the fight. The thing is, many of the outstanding AA teams could win it in AAA. But the only way that you can match Aloca's speed is speed. Nobody from AA has that. And on top of that, Alcoa is very deep, very physical, and have one of the best coaches in the history of Tennessee High School football. If Boyd wants to use this as bulliten board material, have at it.

Boyd is as good as some of those David Lipscomb and Goodpasture teams of the late 90s, and early 00s. But again, Aloca is is a well-oiled machine, that cannot be stopped(except for Maryville).

I'll say one last time then I'm done....

IN MY OPINION...when you put yourself up on a pedestal and GIVE yourself a gold ball when we still have a MONTH before the gold ball is even up for grabs....that's arrogance.

As far as Milan being overrated....guess what JCS blew their chance at Milan due to not one but TWO kick off/punt returns. So if you "blow" your chances against two great programs...you're probably not blowing anything but you're just not as good as them.

For what it's worth, I figure JCS will beat USJ if they meet again because I thought JCS was the better team.

And I might remind you bigbearsfan that in the late 90's, 1998 to be exact, DL lost to Milan in the championship.

Every team that steps on the field in August has the goal of getting that ball. Only one will get it. And NO ONE knows who that one is right now! But I do know that Alcoa fans are the only one who has signatures and stuff already proclaiming themselves as state champs....even tho that is all 32 teams in 2A's expectations right now.

I'm taking AP Calculus and this is what I've been learning:

SPEED=X, GOOD GAME=G

Also, Alcoa=A=2X

Tyner=T=2X

If X+X=G, then

2X times 2X=G-squared...

(In other words...)Alcoa is fast, however they are not the only fast team. Tyner has exceptional speed and match up quite well with Alcoa, IMO. Remember a couple of years ago when these 2 teams met up in the semi-finals? Tyner had a bunch of turnovers that ultimately cost them the game. However, the teams were well-matched...On any given Friday, anybody can beat anybody - Nothing is guaranteed. That's all I have to say.

When you have fans/students from Alcoa on here telling other teams that they don't stand a chance. When they say they are 100% positive they will add another gold ball to their collection. When they throw it in everyone faces that they "can't be beat"...that's the arrogance I'm referring to.

This a bogus post. There are no active Alcoa players on this thread. And every team has it's one or two fans that go overboard. (Note: you get the award for Milan). You are creating a lie and smoke screen to foster your self-admitted hatred of Alcoa. Quit worrying about Alcoa and try to make it to the 'ship this time. You guys have talked this trash for the last three years and then get knocked out by the Mid-TN teams every time. Beat them, get to the 'ship, win, and then talk.