HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Mike will be a candidate for any head coaching position in Blount Co, but I don't see any reason he would leave MHS any time soon.

Mike White is not a candidate for the position at Heritage. He did not apply and has no plans to from what I have read and heard. He will make a great head coach for some team real soon though.

Your freshman award for next year will probably be the Ladner kid that played QB at the middle school last year. He seems to have a good arm and knowledge of the game. I think Jonah will go to Alcoa with his older brother. Jake Malone is a great running back & plays with a lot of heart and emotion.

As for the other awards, if the new coach wants to win, he will make sure Cermak has 20 touches a game on offense. Offensive Player of the year and all region running back.

Defense will be Minh Tran

Lineman will be Even Crockett or Caleb Allen

Captains will be Cermak, Shell, Eldridge, & Tran

Chase Cline will stay at Heritage, I know his parents and they both went to Heritage and both were athletes there.

Dando dont even play football anymore and I think Hartly didn't even see the field much this year at Alcoa.

Some good picks for awards next year.

Cermak will need to carry the ball a lot more next year for Heritage to be succefull on offense. The problem with that is, for him to get the touches he may have to play QB. With him at QB, that leaves the backfield open to Jordan Correll, Dylan Adams, Brad Weeks, Mar Gordon & Chase Cline. All good running backs but not a lot of expeirence. Gordon has the ability to be a great back but lacks the work ethic and discipline he needs to excel. He also injured his knee in the WB JV game and I am not sure the status of the injury. Adams played a few snaps at full back last season and done a great job when given the ball. If you watched any games last year you should know the ability of Jordon Correll, he is a beast but has trouble hanging onto the ball, but that can be corrected. I think Weeks will be used on defense more so than on offense. He his a pretty good linebacker and will knock the snot out of you. Of course Chase will be a sophmore but I think he can contribute a lot next season. From what I have seen he needs to put on a few pounds in the weight room to be able to take the hits from some of the bigger kids. All and all Heritage will have some good skill players on offense, the key will be the QB spot and of course the "O" Line.

Defense will be anchored by Min Tran and Cermak at the linebacker spots. The DB's will be (FS)Clayton Shell, & (CB)Andy Eldridge, leaving the other corner spot open for now. The D-Line should be in pretty good shape with several players returning, like Cody England, new commer Eric Dunlap should be able to find some playing time there also.

It all depends on the new coach and his style of play.

GO MOUNTAINEERS.

So if I may ask a couple of questions... If I were the parent of a decently athletically talented kid and I was looking for a school where he might have the chance to be coached and molded into a better athlete as well as get more exposure for himself where should I send him? Or should I just sit back and wait for the phone to ring?

You send him to Alcoa or Maryville, where he or she can get a great education and win championships.

Right now that is sad, but true. I am all for keeping the county kids at WB and Heritage, but it is what it is.

PS The phone will not ring. You make that decision.

Your freshman award for next year will probably be the Ladner kid that played QB at the middle school last year. He seems to have a good arm and knowledge of the game. I think Jonah will go to Alcoa with his older brother. Jake Malone is a great running back & plays with a lot of heart and emotion.

As for the other awards, if the new coach wants to win, he will make sure Cermak has 20 touches a game on offense. Offensive Player of the year and all region running back.

Defense will be Minh Tran

Lineman will be Even Crockett or Caleb Allen

Captains will be Cermak, Shell, Eldridge, & Tran

Chase Cline will stay at Heritage, I know his parents and they both went to Heritage and both were athletes there.

Dando dont even play football anymore and I think Hartly didn't even see the field much this year at Alcoa.

ladner is telling everyone he is moving to maryville and coach young has been made aware of this.

and if jett leaves then that leaves the best running back coming from any of the surrounding middle schools other than coco at alcoa, and between malones abilities on offense and on defense then he should recieve cermaks old titile at "the future". i see malone getting playing time at spur or outside linebacker next year on varsity depending on the defense that is ran. the kid is a phsyco and loves to hit. he is smart and he is fearless and thats a dangeours mix.

i dont see crockett getting the o line award. allen is just to good

You send him to Alcoa or Maryville, where he or she can get a great education and win championships.

Right now that is sad, but true. I am all for keeping the county kids at WB and Heritage, but it is what it is.

PS The phone will not ring. You make that decision.

Wow! You must be from Alcoa! What do you know about education? I'll put the top 100 students in Blount County up against the top 100 students from Alcoa any day! How many of your great athletes were 4 year letterman in the alternative school? I believe Alcoa has the problem of getting their great athletes into Universities! It must be fun playing Wartburg, Harriman, Oliver Spings, and all the other small schools you play in front of 150 fans! You might be State Champions in the tough class 2A, but you will always be runner ups in Blount County!

ladner is telling everyone he is moving to maryville and coach young has been made aware of this.

and if jett leaves then that leaves the best running back coming from any of the surrounding middle schools other than coco at alcoa, and between malones abilities on offense and on defense then he should recieve cermaks old titile at "the future". i see malone getting playing time at spur or outside linebacker next year on varsity depending on the defense that is ran. the kid is a phsyco and loves to hit. he is smart and he is fearless and thats a dangeours mix.

i dont see crockett getting the o line award. allen is just to good

Jett is not going anywhere...I am 1000% sure of it.

To the post above, When BC schools play Alcoa, then you have the right to say what you want.

Until then.....

as far as the quarterback postion is concerned they have tyler edmonds and when he is healthy he can play, and just to throw this out the and might be a shock to some and to other we all know this kid has an arm jordan correll has made the decsion to move to quarterback for his senior season.

Correll at QB sounds great to me. He can run and throw. Edmonds is very capable of playing it but he is not durable enough to take the hits. He has great heart and ability but gets hurt to often.

Wow! You must be from Alcoa! What do you know about education? I'll put the top 100 students in Blount County up against the top 100 students from Alcoa any day! How many of your great athletes were 4 year letterman in the alternative school? I believe Alcoa has the problem of getting their great athletes into Universities! It must be fun playing Wartburg, Harriman, Oliver Spings, and all the other small schools you play in front of 150 fans! You might be State Champions in the tough class 2A, but you will always be runner ups in Blount County!

Braaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That may win the "Stupidest Post of the Year" award!

I would not say Alcoa plays in front of just 150 fans, having been to a few Alcoa games. Hard to get a seat at the Maryville game until the 3rd qtr most years. I agree that many of Alcoa's players do have trouble qualifying for the next academic level, but the school over all does pretty well in the education department. It is not the schools fault if a kid does not apply himself; the opportunity is there at Alcoa. HHS and WB also produce some outstanding students. Over all the county stacks up pretty well vs. other counties in TN.

Some people don't want competition, just the glory of winning. Transfer in, get a ring or two, graduate and get a job. Your kid can go to a winning football program but he may not stand out. If you go to a program that is trying to become a winner the chances of playing time is greater. Exposure is exposure and there are kids from all of the county schools who play at the next level.

APB anyone can have an opinion; check the #1 Amendment thing where it speaks about that ???abridging the freedom of speech??? part.