MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

I guess from now on when someone pops in 44-0 over south we should just put put 28-24 or three years straight with a first round blow up....great job DB. I think you guys should spend some money recruiting a new coach vs a new field or field house. Guess we will see next week who the number 1 team in NET will be won't we!!!!

I am just wading through these posts after I returned from THS game and would like to offer a suggestion.

No one cares about South's fans rubbing it in on this thread and it would be great if they would stay off.

A much more interesting discussion is the root cause of the Indian's repeated failures to get past the first round against RII when they have superior teams. Is is coaching, playoff preparation, lack of depth, lack of focus by players, too big a band, not enough talent, Region II being the next best thing to the NFC East, or what?

Tonight was an embarrassment for NET football. We all admire D-B, get beat by them, and look to their postseason success as a validation that we are not bad. Maybe we all are bad.

What a bummer.

I would be careful making fun of a team that has beaten you 13 straight. But hay you can always hope someone else can turn the trick. I have been saying all along this was not a team that was going very far in the playoffs. But who ever wants to say DB is a joke in the playoffs it would be very hard to argue against that. We are a joke.

Nobody cares about DB - South tonight.

Truth is that upper East TN does not have the talent year in and year out as teams do west of Morristown. There are a few exceptions over the years, DB has made the semis past Knox and Chatt teams a few times, Cloudland has too. But when upper East TN hits the Knox and Chattanooga teams in the PLAYOFFS, it is trouble

Graham Clark is Kingsport, therefore he will remain the head football coach at Dobyns Bennett for years to come. My honest belief is that Graham will relinquish his offensive coordinator role in the off season, remain solely a head coach, and an offensive coordinator will either be appointed from within or hired from outside the program.

Congratulations to McMinn Co., you never quit. Tribal warfare was waged on the field tonight, and the Cherokees prevailed. Best of luck next week against the Admirals of Farragut.

Roll Tribe.

All right, I've kept my trap shut for several games now. The writing has been on the wall for a several games - but especially after the Science Hill game. This team had a lot of talent and frankly in my opinion, it wasn't these kid's fault. The had no leadership from the head coach. They should have gone to state this year.

Didn't anybody watch Clark on the side lines? The man came out in the 3rd quarter and looked lost. Staring blankly at his clip board with hs wonderful little NFL head set on. Pacing aimlessly up and down the side lines. Stupid play after stupid play. The game was lost on coaching alone.

Several of us have watched DB play for many years. I started watching 11 years ago. There was good coaching back in the day. There has been a definite downward trend and the play book is factor #1. Nothing is going to change until there is a coaching shakeup. As somebody said, recruit a new head coach. I hate to see him go. He's a nice guy but these kids deserve better. Hopefully he is smart enough to ask to move up into school "management".

With the changes coming next year, this was probably the last chance at state for a long time. Unless we can get a new AD that can make the most of a pathetic schedule by scheduling at least 3 tough games out of conference, a new head coach that can build a team that won't quit playing when they get a significant lead, the future is bleak.

Its probably time to turn in the season tickets. Or press the school board to force a UT style coaching change.

You need to GET A LIFE!

Yes I said it. Now come back with another lame 14 paragraph bunch of BS about how when you played your team won or something to that effect. It is an embarrasment to all DB fans for somebody like you to come on here and post such GARBAGE! Tell me, where do you work? I'm sure I can find a reason to call you out on your job! Better yet, post your name and don't be a coward and hide behind a screen name and call for a man's job! Coach Clark and his staff do the VERY BEST with the talent that they have year end and year out. If you don't like it, DON"T COME TO THE GAMES! I'm sure there are hundreds of people that would love to purchace your season tickets!

We can go as long as you want on this one!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As I have read and witnessed all week it is apparent that DB is focused on McMinn and the task at hand. It will be a tremendous challenge for the cherokees to travel to DB and beat a very solid football team.

Sure DB has the tradition and of course they have "The Walk" which is something to see if you havent and they have a very tallented football team plus an experienced coaching staff. So one would think that McMinn doesnt stand much of a chance but not so quick my friend.

While DB is a good football team I dont think that they are better than Ooltewah or Farragut teams that McMinn competes againist in Region 2 5A. The intimidation factor will not be something that McMinn has to deal with because they are use to playing teams that have winning traditions. They are actually excited about the opportunity to witness "The Walk" and compete in the awesome high school football setting.

When you place 16 & 17 year old kids on a football field anything can happen and most of the time will. One thing you can count on from the cherokees is that they will play hard and will give there best effort.

McMinn shocks DB in a thriller?

McMinn 27

DB 24

GO TRIBE!!!!

Wow.....what a great win for the McMinn football program to go on the road to the #1 team in class 5A and come away with a win.

DB you have a awesome field, nice alumni building but the legal play you pulled at the end of the game where you held and tackled our guys was absurd and bordered on unethical and guess what when you do things like that it usually turns around and bites you in the butt. For example the 75 yard winning TD KO return to win the game for the Cherokees 28-24.

Yes the play was legal and I understand the concept but just like the side judge and back judge both said that rule needs to be reviewed to protect the defensive team when it is an obvious ploy to reduce time off of the clock so it cant be negated by another penalty on the defense trying to free themselves from the offense holding them. In my opinion it was classless and showed our team that you didnt want the win as bad as our team did. Is that how DB has won 10 games this season by out cheating the opponent?

On another note the officials were lazy and made poor calls for both teams.....I understood that the refs in the playoffs were the best of the best.....if this is the best we have in this area then we need to make some changes!

Again great win for McMinn and we look forward to the challenge that faces us next week at Farragut....

GO TRIBE!!!!