Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

I don't know about anyone not giving Morristown East a chance in this game. Every one I talked with knew it was going to be a battle. IF East could develop a semblance of a passing attack, they would be VERY difficult to beat. Their inability to execute the passing game ultimately cost them. YOU CANNOT BE ONE DIMENSIONAL AND BEAT SOUTH. The quarterback was throwing at an area, not a target. It was a matter of time before he threw a pick and that pick was a back breaker.

Johnson is a load to bring down. No one wanted to take him head on. With the score 30-27 and East around their 30 and after another tough run by Johnson, East decided to throw the football. There was about 1.30 left on the clock. I was surprised they aired it out but I guess the East coaches felt they needed to get it down the field faster. Dylan Ellis just made a big play.

The turning point was the 5.00 minute drive by East that ended on the fourth down run by #10. He hesitated and tried to cut back too late and South closed the gap. Then on 2nd and 6 Fletcher rips off a 30 yard run. What a big run. Big players make big plays at big points in the game and that was big. Then he rips off another. That ultimately led to the INT by Ellis. And you can't forget the safety on the snap over the punter's head. That really got the crowd into it. The crowd was loud.

That game had such momentum swings. At 27-13 I never would have guessed watching the ebb and flow that SS would score 24 unanswered. They just never quit. I know it was an emotional week at school but they channeled that emotion and to me, bonded as a football team tonight.

I think Johnson rushed for over 150 and Fletcher rushed for over 150. Davenport showed great leadership on the field. East had over 300 yards rushing on over 50 carries. SS had well over 200 rushing. Very physical game. SS had one penalty. Just a great HS football game. Go Rebs!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so proud of the Coaches & players for Morristown East. No one gave us a chance

in this game. Great game to watch, we had our chance on 4-down on the 10 yard line. T-howell

is a great player ,but he try to do to much on that 4th down play. We only needed 1 yard, cut it up

sooner. By dancing around for the big play, it aloud Sullivan South to make the game saving play.

Do not fell sorry for Morristown East. We have alot of great players coming back next year, #33

#2 #23 #28 #40 #10 #38 & alot of offensive & defensive line. We have some really great players

coming up from our freshman team. T-Howell will be our QB next year early, than give way to a

up coming Freshman #15. If this Freshman can spell T-Howell at QB, we can use T-Howell like this

year at RB, WR. T- Howell & Matt Helton will be our leaders next year. Work hard in the weightroom

& the classroom guys. Morristown East's will be a player in next years new 5A football class.

Sullivan South is a very good team, I wish you guys the best of luck. GO CANES!

Hats off the classy East and Indian fans in this thread I think in the end we are all football fans and everyone got to see some real guts and ball last night for sure.

Congrats to South tonight on the win!!!

Congrats to MoEast on a good season, and one heckofa game you all played!!!

MoEast absolutely laid the wood to South for 2 1/2 quarters, I don't understand why they went away from the I-formation? As a friend of mine said, "There "I-set" gashed our defense all night" and it is true, they went away from it and started to try to get the corners, and South had the corners sealed?? I myself if you couldn't stop it, I would have kept running it. My opinion if they would've stayed with the "I" they would have won.

There was a lot of hard hitting, very physical, MoEast was VERY TOUGH, South DIDN'T QUIT! I have an ulcer now! Thanks!

Greenville is next on the list, I see they got #7 back (he missed the regular season game), and #3 is playing very well as usual!! They might not have there starting QB, but they have a very good team also!!! Very capable of mauling anyone!! Big on the inside and very fast on the outside, a lot like MoEast, but this time we go to there house!

MoEast, very classy program, someone had to lose and niether team deserved to, good luck and hope all are safe!!

Hats off to East. You have one tough football team. I'll admit it, if you guys had a throwing game, we were beat. You are IMO the best team we've faced all year, including the Hill. Not sure how Greeneville beat you guys. Turnovers I guess?? It wasn't our best performance of the year by no means due in part I'm sure to the emotional toll the week has brought to our boys. But it was definitely a gutsy performance! We will definitely need to play better in the next couple of weeks. Again, congrats to East on a fine season and a great game last night.

Congrats to South tonight on the win!!!

Congrats to MoEast on a good season, and one heckofa game you all played!!!

MoEast absolutely laid the wood to South for 2 1/2 quarters, I don't understand why they went away from the I-formation? As a friend of mine said, "There "I-set" gashed our defense all night" and it is true, they went away from it and started to try to get the corners, and South had the corners sealed?? I myself if you couldn't stop it, I would have kept running it. My opinion if they would've stayed with the "I" they would have won.

There was a lot of hard hitting, very physical, MoEast was VERY TOUGH, South DIDN'T QUIT! I have an ulcer now! Thanks!

Greenville is next on the list, I see they got #7 back (he missed the regular season game), and #3 is playing very well as usual!! They might not have there starting QB, but they have a very good team also!!! Very capable of mauling anyone!! Big on the inside and very fast on the outside, a lot like MoEast, but this time we go to there house!

MoEast, very classy program, someone had to lose and niether team deserved to, good luck and hope all are safe!!

Wow, what a comeback by SS. South dodged a huge bullet last night. Great game to watch for Mo East until the late 3rd qtr. South defense better learn how to stop the run or they are in trouble.South put 8 men in the box early and was stopping the run but,they went away from it and it almost cost them the season. If East sticks the ball in the end zone on their next to last possesion{game,set,match} They should have ran a qb sneak with #16 instead of rolling out with #10. South will have to play better next week or they can forget about the rematch with Maryville. I thought South was probably better than last year going into the game last night,but after watching i don't believe they are, Good luck.

Wow, what a comeback by SS. South dodged a huge bullet last night. Great game to watch for Mo East until the late 3rd qtr. South defense better learn how to stop the run or they are in trouble.South put 8 men in the box early and was stopping the run but,they went away from it and it almost cost them the season. If East sticks the ball in the end zone on their next to last possesion{game,set,match} They should have ran a qb sneak with #16 instead of rolling out with #10. South will have to play better next week or they can forget about the rematch with Maryville. I thought South was probably better than last year going into the game last night,but after watching i don't believe they are, Good luck.

I understand you but give us another shot to make another impression. Don't judge us on this one game. We've had a tough week.

Great win for the Rebs. With thier backs against the wall,and never give up attitude they played thier hearts out.The goal line stance on the 6 was the play of the game. T.Fletcher proved once again,what a great back he is.Carter and staff made the adjustments in the second half (4 wide outs) that caught Morr.East. scratching thier heads.It was refreshing to watch a power team play to win.Keep it up guys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great game, scary at times but great. I think everyone at Death Valley got there moneys worth last night and went away knowing what it means to play your heart out (both teams) and a very classy show of sportsmanship..............On to Greenville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go REBELS!!!!!!

My pleasure, I spent $14 on tickets, $15.50 on concessions, $5 on a TSSAA Playoff Program, for a total of $34.50, and also cheered for the home team Rebels. I believe I did the best I could, mentally and fiscally, /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />.

You truely are THE TRICITIES SPORTS FAN! Safe travels to you next weekend and we will see ya at the "Burley"!

REBEL NATION! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great win for the Rebs. With thier backs against the wall,and never give up attitude they played thier hearts out.The goal line stance on the 6 was the play of the game. T.Fletcher proved once again,what a great back he is.Carter and staff made the adjustments in the second half (4 wide outs) that caught Morr.East. scratching thier heads.It was refreshing to watch a power team play to win.Keep it up guys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks plowboy! Your son had a great year, I am looking forward to watching him on the diamond again this year! He has such great hands his is fun to watch, just hope we don't give him too many chances to make plays against us! He is a flat out athlete! Again Thanks for you support! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REBEL NATION!

Hats off to East. You have one tough football team. I'll admit it, if you guys had a throwing game, we were beat. You are IMO the best team we've faced all year, including the Hill. Not sure how Greeneville beat you guys. Turnovers I guess?? It wasn't our best performance of the year by no means due in part I'm sure to the emotional toll the week has brought to our boys. But it was definitely a gutsy performance! We will definitely need to play better in the next couple of weeks. Again, congrats to East on a fine season and a great game last night.

Greeneville was very young in places early in the season,and didn't have all of it's skill players during the South game.I'm telling you what,if they had that QB to go with everyone being back,that would be a very hard team for even Maryville to stop.That plus the fact next weeks winner has to even play Maryville is just adding more to my {What IF} greatest year ever.

Thanks plowboy! Your son had a great year, I am looking forward to watching him on the diamond again this year! He has such great hands his is fun to watch, just hope we don't give him too many chances to make plays against us! He is a flat out athlete! Again Thanks for you support! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REBEL NATION!

Thanks! Good luck to you guys on the diamond this year!You kicked our butts last year. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />