Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Oh yeah by the way if you can coach good enough, you can run the triple option very effectively out of the wing t.

Counters utilizing motion can be run effectively out of each formation as well.

Both offenses are multi-threat running, where one of 4 could end up with the ball: 1) QB 2) WB 3) WB 4) FB

I do like the ability to cross the RB's in the Wing T in good ole crossbuck fashion, but wait you can do that in the double wing as well.

good research there bubba, uhhhh I would like to see you run the cross buck from the double wing, oh yeah by the way how many wingT teams run the Triple option?????, counters using motion can be run out of about any offense Forrest. You aint fooling nobody WingT

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every kid plays high school football that plays LL, so I think it is best to put the kids in position to learn fundamentals, have fun, try to win, and learn good teamwork.

THE WORLD DOES NOT EVOLVE AROUND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Dang you just don't get it. They STILL have to learn some system for defense and offense, so if they have to learn a system anyway it might as well be what they are running at the high school.

Anybody with even a slight football knowledge knows these formations are not that different, it's not like I called it the spread.

from RaiderOC "Actually the double wing that Georgia Tech runs is the same basis for what Sequoyah has run lately and it is called the Spread Option. Paul Johnson's exact words to me is that is nothing more than a variation of the Wishbone. It is absolutely nothing like th Wing T in his mind and since he has had more success at the college level than most with it, I would be inclined to call it the Spread Option formation. It is not the Wing-T by any stretch of the imagination. It is the Spread Option".

You say so much WingT you can't remember what you said /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> By the way Paul Johnson is at Georgia Tech, was at Navy and Georgia Souhtern. The "worlds leading" expert on the double wing.

good research there bubba, uhhhh I would like to see you run the cross buck from the double wing, oh yeah by the way how many wingT teams run the Triple option?????, counters using motion can be run out of about any offense Forrest. You aint fooling nobody WingT

You ran a version of the crossbuck two years when Gregory was there I am sure you called it something different but it sure did look like the crossbuck to me and I really liked that play, BUBBA. I said the triple option could be run from the wing t, I did not say every wing t team runs it. I didn't say the wing t was built around the triple option did I.

TELL ME THE HUGE DIFFERENCES BUBBA, I ponied up why can't you.

from RaiderOC "Actually the double wing that Georgia Tech runs is the same basis for what Sequoyah has run lately and it is called the Spread Option. Paul Johnson's exact words to me is that is nothing more than a variation of the Wishbone. It is absolutely nothing like th Wing T in his mind and since he has had more success at the college level than most with it, I would be inclined to call it the Spread Option formation. It is not the Wing-T by any stretch of the imagination. It is the Spread Option".

You say so much WingT you can't remember what you said By the way Paul Johnson is at Georgia Tech, was at Navy and Georgia Souhtern. The "worlds leading" expert on the double wing.

The quote you put up is not from Paul Johnson, wouldn't that spread option be the flexbone spread option which is run from the double wing. I was referring to the shotgun that is called the spread, my bad forgot we were going through my post with a very fine tooth comb.

Anyway I need to see the major differences you spoke of.

The "Wing T" was designed to be a mix between the "Single Wing" and the "T" Formation. It took the motion and run strength of the "Single Wing" and the QB under center from the "T". There is only one wing with the other back lined up next to the FB on the opposite side from the wing. The wing can line up diagonal from the TE and can be used as an extra blocker or a receiver.

The "Double Wing" is a variant of the "Single Wing". It is primarily a running offense using misdirection and power plays. Most "Double Wing" plays use a motioning wing at the start of each play. Some colleges run it out of the "Flexbone". The "Double Wing" can be set into different formations to take away the pre-snap key on the motioning wing.

"While you can turn a Wing-T formation into a Double-Wing formation instantly, just by bringing your split end in tight and moving your halfback out of the backfield and up into a position just outside that new tight end, you will still basically be running the Wing-T. "- Coach Hugh Wyatt. His video "Dynamics of the Double Wing" is the gold standard of double wing videos.

I do agree with whoever posted earlier (I think it was Dr Dave), supporters of the "Wing-T" and the "Double Wing" have debated the differences between the two for years and take great exception to comparing the two. They believe the two are complete opposites and have good arguments as to why they are. The above information was gathered from reliable and proven sources about the two variations.

While you can turn a Wing-T formation into a Double-Wing formation instantly, just by bringing your split end in tight and moving your halfback out of the backfield and up into a position just outside that new tight end, you will still basically be running the Wing-T. "- Coach Hugh Wyatt.

This quote goes right along with what I have been saying, my point was there was not a huge difference and this guy seems like he would know seeing he has videos out. So thanks SID for finding this it was very helpful.

While you can turn a Wing-T formation into a Double-Wing formation instantly, just by bringing your split end in tight and moving your halfback out of the backfield and up into a position just outside that new tight end, you will still basically be running the Wing-T. "- Coach Hugh Wyatt.

This quote goes right along with what I have been saying, my point was there was not a huge difference and this guy seems like he would know seeing he has videos out. So thanks SID for finding this it was very helpful.

All about playing time issues /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Why the need to attack everything I say and not try to make your argument. You asked me to be more specific so I was.

Why cant you.

Satisfied with the out come of this year? If this was a Y or N question

My answer would be NO.

Is that the fault of Coach Satt. I would have to say No it is not due to

the limited time he had with the players and the time frame the school

board and the director put him in.

Most people that have been around this program could see this past year as

a 7-3 b-4 the Big blow up and shamble of last June.

1. When this group of SR. where FR. they where in the weight room every morning

thanks to a Vol. Assist. Coach who would come in and open up at 6:30. When none of the

staff "paid" Coaches would give up thier time. At the time maybe 2 upper class men where

lifting This group of SR. started the weight program back at Sequoyah.

2. the shear number of returning players

Granted 4-6 is much better than 2-8 and we do have to move on from what could have been

and deal with what is at hand.

The standard set for the double wing does not include the TE. That quote explains how you change the basic double wing set into the basic wingT set and not vice versa as the quote indicates, so yeah it goes right along with what you been saying there Forrest it is WRONG. Typical. What you said was Sequoyah ran the wingT, which is not even the same formation (wrong again) and then you said no big deal they are basically the same(way wrong again) thanks SID for helping show how clueless WingT is. News flash for ya Forrest you can move people around in any formation to make it something else, now that is real earth shattering for ya I know, but try reading it real slow. Hey off tackle expert how many people did you make that comment too????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Satisfied with the out come of this year? If this was a Y or N question

My answer would be NO.

Is that the fault of Coach Satt. I would have to say No it is not due to

the limited time he had with the players and the time frame the school

board and the director put him in.

Most people that have been around this program could see this past year as

a 7-3 b-4 the Big blow up and shamble of last June.

1. When this group of SR. where FR. they where in the weight room every morning

thanks to a Vol. Assist. Coach who would come in and open up at 6:30. When none of the

staff "paid" Coaches would give up thier time. At the time maybe 2 upper class men where

lifting This group of SR. started the weight program back at Sequoyah.

2. the shear number of returning players

Granted 4-6 is much better than 2-8 and we do have to move on from what could have been

and deal with what is at hand.

Satisfied, I would have to say yes.

Because now we have a group of coaches that know how to win and can put the kids in a position to be successful. It took about 5 games this season to break the kids from old habits but when they did they were really good