Dobyns Bennett Football

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really surprised by Sensibaugh not making 1st team all conference. What was that about?

He must not be that good since his own fans can't even spell his name correctly. maybe that's why he was left off the team. Everybody was voting for Sensibaugh instead of Sensabaugh. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Will the return of the South DB rivalry be a problem? I don't know much about it being just recently married into it, but according to my wife it was pretty rough.

The games were fine, on the field anyway. Every year a kid, from both sides, would start the annual Indian/Rebel brawl, but it was somewhat part of the yearly story. Student sections both would chant impolite things towards the other. I won't go so far to say that the bands were harrassed, but it's happened on occasion. More than usual law enforcement always worked this game, city and county. You always walked away with more events than just the football game happening. I don't think that will be as much of a problem in the years to come. Looking at the rivalry from this angle, maybe the two year layoff WAS a good thing.

[

quote name=RebelConvert' date='Nov 21 2008 - 09:04 AM' post='826964557]

Will the return of the South DB rivalry be a problem? I don't know much about it being just recently married into it, but according to my wife it was pretty rough.

The games were fine, on the field anyway. Every year a kid, from both sides, would start the annual Indian/Rebel brawl, but it was somewhat part of the yearly story. Student sections both would chant impolite things towards the other. I won't go so far to say that the bands were harrassed, but it's happened on occasion. More than usual law enforcement always worked this game, city and county. You always walked away with more events than just the football game happening. I don't think that will be as much of a problem in the years to come. Looking at the rivalry from this angle, maybe the two year layoff WAS a good thing.

Thanks for the input. I have no dog in that fight. I of course get biased South stories. My wife isn't very fond of DB. Every time we drive by there I roll the windows down and turn the radio off. I say look honey it's your favorite place in the world. She doesn't speak to me for awhile, but it sure is fun. I pull for them both because they are both from Northeast TN. Guess I'll have to pull for South now though since they are in the same division. I'm very interested though to find out what it's all about next year.

[

quote name=RebelConvert' date='Nov 21 2008 - 09:04 AM' post='826964557]

There are always going to be problems unless there was about a 10 year layoff between games. the same kids that were freshman the last year they played will be seniors now (at least at south anyway, they might still be freshman at DB) Anyway, there will be the same animosity. I get on here and give you all a hard time but I was never involved in fights or anything like that. I just like to argue with you guys because you all give it back. there will always be the chants, us waving the rebel flags and your football players wearing the rebel flags under their helmets, people throwing gum and whatever else at the band. That's just the way it is. A 2 year layoff isn't going to change all of that, other than we don't have as many students now because they are all at DB because of annexation.

You don't really have a rivalry unless each team wins at least once every 15 years or so. It's kinda like the so-called Vanderbilt / Tennessee rivalry. Vandy rarely ever wins, but that doesn't keep them from hating the Vols.

Here's an interesting fact:

Fun Fest gets more use of db's new turf than the football team!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

6 games a year, 7 days of Fun Fest. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not hating, all in fun. Thats funny I don't care who you are.

Here's an interesting fact:

Fun Fest gets more use of db's new turf than the football team!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

6 games a year, 7 days of Fun Fest. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not hating, all in fun. Thats funny I don't care who you are.

Think of all those people stomping all over those fake blades of the grass. Wait till Taylor Swift comes to Kingsport and blares her tunes to the synthetic surface!