Farragut @ Ooltewah Round 3

AdmiralMan

I feel so out of it not being able to watch last Friday. Did the Owls just play bend but don't break D and a safe don't lose the game O. How about Farragut? Saw some stats of their game against McMinn, but no real recap. I saw on the McMinn Farragut thread that a number 17 got tossed, but couldn't figure out which team he played for. Was this Farragut's #17 and if so is he a big part of the team? Any injuries for either team from last Friday?

Need news not trash talk. Should be a great game with the winner having to play either Smyrna or Oakland.

Go Owls

is was mcminn's #17 desmond mcbee. apparently he had two personal foul penalties. farragut sustained no injuries and actually get some guys back this week

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

if the Ads line up in and run right at them in the I-formation and use their spread offense sparingly they will win. Ootlewahs front 4 are are too good for farragut to run that "pretty boy offense". On the defensive side, they have to have 4 down lineman + 1 more man really keying on the run.

smartest thing ive seen on here. if Farragut lines up in the I and plays power football likes we've seen at times this year they can (with the best) then they should be on the field longer and keep their defense off of it. control the clock, keep Ooltewah's RB off the field and you have a chance to win. and if you dont think Farragut can win this game at all, you're stupid. montre is back for Farragut so now we have 3 strong running backs to pound Ooltewah's defense with. this game will rest on the legs on D' Andre Purty, Montre Hudson, and Chris Bass. Also, Farragut's Austin Bolen and Alex Encarnacion will have a big impact on this game. With that said if they play like they know how i like Farragut close.

Farragut- 13

Ooltewah- 10

smartest thing ive seen on here. if Farragut lines up in the I and plays power football likes we've seen at times this year they can (with the best) then they should be on the field longer and keep their defense off of it. control the clock, keep Ooltewah's RB off the field and you have a chance to win. and if you dont think Farragut can win this game at all, you're stupid. montre is back for Farragut so now we have 3 strong running backs to pound Ooltewah's defense with. this game will rest on the legs on D' Andre Purty, Montre Hudson, and Chris Bass. Also, Farragut's Austin Bolen and Alex Encarnacion will have a big impact on this game. With that said if they play like they know how i like Farragut close.

Farragut- 13

Ooltewah- 10

You don't want to "pound" Ooltewah's D, that is playing to their strength on D. To beat them you have to toss it all over the field and try to spread everything out. Pounding it up the middle is just asking for Ooltewah to stuff you.

I would love to see farragut make some changes to their defense to adjust it to Ooltewahs heavy run offense but they have been very conservative with their defense the past 2 years so i dont think thats gonna happen. Changing to a 4 front would be a very smart move and definetly give them a better shot at keeping it a low scoring game. Then all they need is for their multi-dimensional offense to sustain 2 touchdown drives and field goal. If this happens 17-10 Admirals.

I would love to see farragut make some changes to their defense to adjust it to Ooltewahs heavy run offense but they have been very conservative with their defense the past 2 years so i dont think thats gonna happen. Changing to a 4 front would be a very smart move and definetly give them a better shot at keeping it a low scoring game. Then all they need is for their multi-dimensional offense to sustain 2 touchdown drives and field goal. If this happens 17-10 Admirals.

Wont happen maybe on only five plays all game with the "monster" defense.

Of course as an Owls fan I am going to say that Owls come out on top /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> What else would I say? I do think this is going to be a great game between two very strong teams. Bottom line is that it will come down to which team wants it the most and which team can execute. Either team is capable of winning. It will come down to the 4th quarter and the owls will win with a John Long field goal. Owls defense will be fired up and will be taking no prisoners. Its going to be a very LOUD night in Hooterville(and cold too).

If you don't come ready to stand and cheer the whole game, don't bother coming at all.

GO OWLS!!!

Owls 10

Admirals 7

Farragut- 13

Ooltewah- 10

I truly hope you're right.

Answer me this though. Which team has the better defense? Which team has the better running game? Which team has the better kicking game?

Yeah, it sounds simplistic and old fashioned, but those are still the areas that determine the outcome of playoff games.

Furthermore, which team is playing at home? Which team is bigger and plays a more physical brand of football? Which team is faster, more athletic?

If you can answer these questions, you should then be able to answer which team will win. That's why I said earlier Ooltewah will have to lose it. Hey, maybe they will. Let me know how it turns out.

Farragut- 13

Ooltewah- 10

Ooltewah-13

Farragut-10

What I have found curious on this thread is how tame the Owls fans have been. There have not been the outrageous predictions of another Ooltewah blow out.....Why is that? And I'm not talking about all Owls fans only those that seem to run their "keyboard".

Did the non-blow out game with Soddy bring the Owl posters down to reality? That yes, Ooltewah is a very good team, but can be beaten. That beating a team twice is harder than anticipated. I hope the Owls do run the table....but sometimes it's hard to pull for them, because of some of their posters.

What I have found curious on this thread is how tame the Owls fans have been. There have not been the outrageous predictions of another Ooltewah blow out.....Why is that? And I'm not talking about all Owls fans only those that seem to run their "keyboard".

Did the non-blow out game with Soddy bring the Owl posters down to reality? That yes, Ooltewah is a very good team, but can be beaten. That beating a team twice is harder than anticipated. I hope the Owls do run the table....but sometimes it's hard to pull for them, because of some of their posters.

Thanks for saying "some" of their posters. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Most Owls fans know that during the playoffs, with teams like Region 2 has, no game will be a blowout. We won handily against Soddy and Farragut in the regular season, but......Good coaches adjust their strategies when playing a team that has beaten them. No one, that I know of has ever said that Farragut is not a very good team. WIth that said, I do believe the Owls have the tools to beat them again, just by a much smaller margin. The Owls have a lot of potential that has just not been executed well this year, but we have used what we can execute to the best of our ability. They did what they had to do to win ball games. They know that Farragut will come in to "our house" and be fired up as well. If the Owls run on all cylinders Friday night, they can win by 10-14 points...if not I look for it to be a 4th quarter nail biter, with the Owls on top by 3. The Team is fired up this week and really want this game.....hopefully they will come out and go to work. The Nest will be rockin' come Friday night and the Owls know that the community will support them in full force...win or lose(WIN, Win, Win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )None the less, they should enjoy it for all its worth, the Time of their "young" lives! They all have to grow up soon, and these will be memories of great high school years for all of them.

Go Owls!