AE @ KC

chokeonaloaf

You hear of death row inmates being released from time to time from bad DNA evidence. I bet a lot of you people would have fried them without searching for the truth.

I have always heard coaches discuss trying to convince parents why there son is not a D-1 player, why they are not starting, or other things that one must do while dealing with parents and kids. Really this is not much different.

The kids are on video on several different occasions doing this crime. I guess because the are kids we should also just let them do this without any consequences. You are exactly right. Nilo Sylvan's charges were dropped. He had a similar act that was never brought to court.

I guess the man that had a home day care that was caught on hidden video by a parent throwing the kids against the wall and later putting a 4" object up a 3 year old childs rear end should be allowed to keep his day care going until his Trial date comes up in 6 years. Maybe we should not even tell the community that it happened, what happened, and that he has been charged. Let them decide after the court hearing to decide what he should be allowed to do. Is this what you would want?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've read what everyone is saying. I've been hearing it all day starting with the SportsAnimal show at 6AM this morning. We have to realize, these are not college players and basically, the SCHOOL nor the COACHES has a say so what happens Friday(meaning if they play or not). Yes, the parents has all the saying in this matter. You can't blame the coaches if they stick the guys in the game. If the parents tell the coach they don't won't their child playing in the game so they can be taught the value of life, then that's what the coach should do. Yes, its hard on the Roadrunner program! As a big time fan of the Roadrunners the only thing I can do at this time is encourage these players.

Someone stated they know the names of the players who were involved! Well, that's good for you but where you getting your information from? Only 2 names has been released so how are yu going to get on here and stat you know all 8 players? Another thing, why the other 26 people involved not being mention?

But I'm going to put it like this, AE will be aok with the players or without the players this Friday! It's all about a FAMILY and AE knows what it takes to play as TEAM through these situations . They will be OK. trust me..

Leonardslosers!!!! I'm losing all respect for you, I thought you were a good person until you start putting stuff like you putting now...

Well, I've read what everyone is saying. I've been hearing it all day starting with the SportsAnimal show at 6AM this morning. We have to realize, these are not college players and basically, the SCHOOL nor the COACHES has a say so what happens Friday(meaning if they play or not). Yes, the parents has all the saying in this matter. You can't blame the coaches if they stick the guys in the game. If the parents tell the coach they don't won't their child playing in the game so they can be taught the value of life, then that's what the coach should do. Yes, its hard on the Roadrunner program! As a big time fan of the Roadrunners the only thing I can do at this time is encourage these players.

Someone stated they know the names of the players who were involved! Well, that's good for you but where you getting your information from? Only 2 names has been released so how are yu going to get on here and stat you know all 8 players? Another thing, why the other 26 people involved not being mention?

But I'm going to put it like this, AE will be aok with the players or without the players this Friday! It's all about a FAMILY and AE knows what it takes to play as TEAM through these situations . They will be OK. trust me..

Leonardslosers!!!! I'm losing all respect for you, I thought you were a good person until you start putting stuff like you putting now...

Turtle with all due respect I could not disagree more because the coach has all the say he wants. Yes they may dress but that doesnt meen they play. Imo IF this is true, not saying ethier way, the kids should not be on the field period. The lessons these kids learn from football will stick with them through their whole lives and they do not need any more miss direction than they already receive from peers and parents and i'm speeking of all kids not just the ones in this incedent. It is my hopes and prayers that each and everyone involved will take a POSITIVE lesson out of this and will be a better person because of it.Tough love hurts on both sides but it will make you a better person..

Turtle-

I never mentioned the names of the players involved. I do know who all they are though. Two of them really surprised me and will probably surprise you as well.

This is what happened. I'm just stating what happened.

Just so you understand, IT IS THE COACH'S DECISION. This is done all the time. Have you not read about the Greeneville QB?

I had the same feeling toward the QB from a school in Knoxville two years ago that was allowed to transfer schools after only serving a 1 semester penalty for a drug offense at school and was allowed to play even against his former school. I had many on my case for saying he should not be allowed to participate. I mentioned only what was out in the paper. I never mentioned any names.

And yes it stinks that with all the kids that were caught that did not play football, they only mention that 8 kids were AE football players.

Also, I only state my opinion just like you do. The part of my statement that is not my opinion is what is on video. If you want to go watch it you probably can. I believe you will recognize in the videos some of the faces on several different dates. Are you disliking my opinion, or the fact that I stated exactly what has been on the news, and in the papers? Oh Well.

So because he tried to transfer...and you wanted him back telling him he would get 25 touches per game...that is a reason to hold a grudge against a kid... Maybe Coach P....should have investigated the situation as to why he was going to transfer in the 1st place....it had nothing to do with Catholic and everything to do with his living situation...

that isnt a reason to hold a grudge against a kid...kids make mistakes.....he's learned from it I'm sure......but to not give the kid the ball if that is the case because he wanted to transfer is absurd...IMO..coaches are suppose to be adults and above that...

I'm just saying... I don't know Coach P, but some coaches could be somewhat ticked about a kid wanting to transfer. Especially a kid who projects to be a recruited athlete. Promising carries is NOT a good way to deal with this. It can and usually ALWAYS doesn't work out that way. The kid probably would have been better off transferring...

Turtle this is what I posted on the 4/5 a boards. Believe it or not I hate this has happened.

Playing highschool sports is not a right. these boys brought shame to their family/school/team and neighborhood if the coach does not sit them he is a worthless piece of crap and not worth his weight in salt. That should go for any team/coach in America

Anytime a student is charged with a crime they should be suspended till such time they have been proven inocent.

These kids have been charged with a felony . I can not beleive there are people upholding for them. I can't beleive the kids on this team ,that hasn't done anything wrong would even want to be associated with this kind of publicity.This will not be forgotten for a long time . If these players take the field on Friday , There will be no respect for this team as a whole and no respect for their coach.

I hope these players don't expect the same kind of reasoning when they go to court.It will look even werse on them when they expect special treatment just because they are a good football player.

its an awful thing that has happened and i truly wish it didnt. i dont believe the kids should not play but every other part of me wants them to. it is the right thing to sit them but i want AE's best to go against KC's best. their actions show a massive disrespect for anyone and everyone who has supported them or associated with them in any way. yes the media has focused more on the 8 football players because like it or not athletes are looked up to because of their talent, skill, and dedication. it takes a special kind of person to put in the kind of hours these kids do for the love of the game. that is why i am baffled by what they have done especially when they are making a run in the playoffs and playing the best football they have all year. i believe the coach has every bit to say in this matter and he cannot shy away from his responsibilities. i have no doubt in my mind these kids are good kids at heart and good kids, even great kids, make big mistakes. just because it was a dumb mistake does not mean it should not have consequences. and the whole argument about innocent till proven guilty is completely ridiculous. they were caught red handed on tape and then tried to run. show the coach the video and thats proven guilty. i feel bad for the coach to have to watch all his work that he put in get flushed down the toilet but this will be on his conscience for a long time if he doesnt do the right thing

If you don't know by now, these players are suspended for Friday's game per the Knox County School officials.. However, the players will be allowed to attend school. Here's a few questions I have for anyone who can answer;

1. What if these teens weren't football players would the media or you guys be making a big deal out of it?

2. What's going to happen next week when AE plays in the 4th round of the playoffs? Will they be allowed to play?

3. When did things that happen outside of the school become school related?

3a cont... If a player/players from any school that get locked up over the weekend, will they be suspended from their schools next sports game?

I feel this decision should've been made by the parenst not the school/school system top officials. Like I stated before, this was not a school related event nor was it sanction by the school. Therefore, it should've been left up to the parents to punish their child. The parents are responsible for their child when they're not at school, right or wrong?

Ruse; What will the Anderson's(Sam, Wendall, or Willie) do? I think they would take a belt and whoop their you know what.

But let's think back; a few years ago, a similar situation happen with another school but they were in another state with an AAU basketball team during the summer. The coached made them sit out the first half but they were allowed to play in the 2nd half. So why is it that the AE players have to sit out the whole game? Boy oh boy!!!

But to the game, I don't think these 8 players will have a major impact on AE by not playing.. Yes, theyr'e going to be missed but I feel as though the younger players will step up to the plate and TCB(stealing a saying from Fulton) But its all good, AE will be just fine..

Turtle

I love stats, but one stat I hate is that of students and behavior.

90% of the kids in trouble for major crimes or issues in Knox County is the environment around them at home. In many cases what is not around them. That would be parents. To say you would allow a parent to make that call on playing or not---come on Turtle. Maybe not in every case, but probably the majority of these 8 young men, had the parents been involved earlier we might not be talking about these 8 young men being arrested.