Lewis County

Stat_pack1

I was roaming and reading and seen I made a mistake.......should have read 4@300 lbs. instead. I bet Lewis wish it was the 400 number. Lewis county must really love their football........this is one of the most active boards going, and has for sometime. Good to see all the interest in HS Football. Such a small community, but seems like all support the team. Alot of interest in the team. I believe Lewis will be competitive regardless of the "NEW" District. Stable coaching is a big plus in a situation like this, and Lewis has it. Seems like the only thing lacking is experience. Coaching can help that.

They do love their Football. This year expecially has created some real interest, more so than in the past I would say, just because of the loss to Graduation and expectations with the new district and the challenges it presents. Lack of experience, but not talent, makes it interesting year coming for all.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to do tonight, so thought I would pop in on the boards and see what was happening. Anything new stat? I was talking to some friends about Lewis and was telling them some of the numbers........they were impressed. Told them about the 165 lb. doing 300 hundred and it about blew them away. Told they that you had 4 already over 300 and where shocked. Sure will be interesting how many end up over three. How are the squats coming haven't many numbers on that or powercleans. They coming up also? Be interesting to see the times come down. You folks there just might be a surprise this year. No one can complain about your schedule anymore. Can't wait for the spring games to go on. Going to try and catch a few. Hope to get down your way and see what you have. The dates haven't been confirmed yet have they? Let me know.

No dates that are certain yet.....but will let you know. How about things up your way......anything new. Just hard work and improvement going on down here. Hearing a lot of kids are stepping up and excepting the challenge. The seniors are hitting it.....sounds like leading by example.

Appreciate the info. I was told the first friday in May.......if you hear the date I would appreciate a heads up. Is it still Camden and Bruceton? Also heard they were going to a 7-7 camp.......have you heard anything about that? Lewis sure has its work cut out for them this year.

No dates for sure yet I don't think, but still looks like Bruceton and Camden. Not sure about a 7 on 7 camp though.

No dates for sure yet I don't think, but still looks like Bruceton and Camden. Not sure about a 7 on 7 camp though.

Hopefully they will give the dates in time for us to make arrangements to come down and see. What are you hearing about the team? They look better than thought at the beginning. From all your read here it sounds good. I know its rebuilding but everything on the board it sure sounds like they will be ready. All the numbers are looking good...time, weights etc. It sure sounds like they have the pieces compared to last year...only thing lacking is experience and thats a "BIG" one. Can't get that in the weight rooms or practice field. Game experience only comes one way......."THE GAMES". Sure hope the players coming up that are being counted on got a lot of play time the past few years. Let me know the dates, we are looking forward to seeing this years version.

There is not that much difference between the old 3a and 2a schools that have good teams. In this size class, the turnout of players will vary. Talent tends to run in cycles and some teams have longer cycles. My team had a nice 8 yr run and then went thru a dip. Turnout was low and depth was a problem.

I have seen each one of the Bigger schools in this district up and down.

Lewis County.....all I can say is this. The speed you will see from some of these teams is something you have seen little of in your 2a region.

We are down this year in talent and numbers....but you better be able to cover people and have a strong coaching staff. The old 3a schools all bring tough to beat coaches. The second half of the season is where it gets physical and you get beat down.....it is a long haul....very few cupcakes

There is not that much difference between the old 3a and 2a schools that have good teams. In this size class, the turnout of players will vary. Talent tends to run in cycles and some teams have longer cycles. My team had a nice 8 yr run and then went thru a dip. Turnout was low and depth was a problem.

I have seen each one of the Bigger schools in this district up and down.

Lewis County.....all I can say is this. The speed you will see from some of these teams is something you have seen little of in your 2a region.

We are down this year in talent and numbers....but you better be able to cover people and have a strong coaching staff. The old 3a schools all bring tough to beat coaches. The second half of the season is where it gets physical and you get beat down.....it is a long haul....very few cupcakes

The coaches do have their work cut out for them........whole different "O" to learn how to defend. They were used to the old 6AA teams. I would have to agree about the speed also. Don't think any teams in old region would be able to match overall team speed of 5-3A. Hickman and Lewis the past couple of years might have. Hickman did play Marshall a 1 point game last year. But both have lost so many to graduation. This years team has some talent on it......but the experience is the one problem they have. Coaching is going to help big time. But will have to see how the players react when its game time. They know this coming years is a big challenge........but they are working hard and excepting it and looking forward to it.

Anything new from Lewis? When do you max and time again? Like to see how progress is coming. Let me know what you hear.

Nothing new. They are working hard. The coach have a lot of players to evaluate. They are going to have their work cut out for them this year. With the lack of experience, they will have to build confidence to make up for some of it. Still no dates for sure yet, but I'll let you know. Still holding @ 4 at 300...but a lot of work going on.

I was wondering when and who some of these district teams will play their spring scimmages. Any info. would be appreciated, like to try and catch a few of the different ones and see in person the differance in teams that will be facing each other later. Everything you read...it seems Giles will run away with this district......after that it doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure, with all the rebuilding/retooling, the coach changes, the graduation. But I still think this is one district to watch during the season.