Livingston Academy vs. Clarksville NE (Friday)

Overton County Fan

See post #53 BigDaddy!! If we play like we did tonight, they will need him!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I saw it and I think he will also.. just wanted to get matt's take on it.. I agree about our play tonight although I don't think we were just outstanding, just solid! Or maybe I'm hard to impress /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> .

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey matt610, will Z get any minutes tomorrow since the fb team lost tonight?

He suffered an apparent concussion in the football game tonight, but I highly doubt he would have anyways. He obviously hasn't been to any practices, so he would be pretty clueless with the new stuff CPA is running this season. Not to mention he carried CPA's offense on his back tonight in a tough losing effort and has to be totally drained. Needless to say I wouldn't put any money on it. This should be the only game he will miss however, unless the injury was more than it appeared.

He suffered an apparent concussion in the football game tonight, but I highly doubt he would have anyways. He obviously hasn't been to any practices, so he would be pretty clueless with the new stuff CPA is running this season. Not to mention he carried CPA's offense on his back tonight in a tough losing effort and has to be totally drained. Needless to say I wouldn't put any money on it. This should be the only game he will miss however unless the injury was more that appeared.

Well I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

This just in! The Clarksville Northeast boys basketball team was attacked by a pack of hungry Wildcats in the Livingston Academy gym tonight. LA got off to a sluggish start but quickly got on track and took control of the game. They were up by around 15 at the half and put NE away with a strong third quarter. They lead by 30+ before emptying their bench and coasted to a 24 point win.

Looks like they must have taken your advise!!

What was the difference maker tonight? This seemed like it would be a very competitive game, but 24 points says otherwise. Wasn't there, so maybe someone could fill me in.

What was the difference maker tonight? This seemed like it would be a very competitive game, but 24 points says otherwise. Wasn't there, so maybe someone could fill me in.

You are probably gonna get different opinions as I thought too it would be a little closer. Could have been worse had LA not emptied the bench with around 4 minutes to go and up 30-32. But the biggest difference maker IMO was Dunn. He is a one of a kind. #2. LA's defense. They forced several to's which led to some easy baskets. #3 Rebounding. i haven't saw the stats but it looked like we controlled the boards. #4 Depth. NE subbed about the same number of players as LA, LA's bench was just better. And talking turnovers, again no stats in front of me..I felt like we won the t.o. edge too. Call me a homer, but LA was just the better team. Good luck to NE on their season.

I don't have the stats either but I am estimating that CNE probably shot only 25-30% from the field. LA's defense had much to do with that though. LA is big,quick,deep, and have great smaller leapers. They are a force to be reckoned with!

Hey matt610, will Z get any minutes tomorrow since the fb team lost tonight?

Z didn't play in the 4th quarter, so he had to be injured, but I never heard why he sat out. The coaches were yelling for him to come in the game, but he never came back in. If he plays BB tomorrow night after having to sit the 4th quarter of tonight's game when we needed him, there will be some very disappointed football teammates and fans.

Not putting Z down though, he had a great year and allowed CPA to go further than they ever could have without him.

Z didn't play in the 4th quarter, so he had to be injured, but I never heard why he sat out. I know one thing. The coaches were yelling for him to come in the game, but he never came back in. If he plays BB tomorrow night after sitting out the 4th quarter of tonight's game when we needed him, there will be some very disappointed football teammates and fans.

matt610 said he had a concussion. If thats the case, he probably wont play. But if does, I say you are right about the football end of it. I would be if the shoe was on the other foot. But I have no dog in that race.

Wow i guess that AAA ball showed us .... i assume NE was the AAA ball we were told to watch out for ? To be honest when i saw NE run out i thought dang these guys are huge ... friggin huge... did look like a college team ... difference maker in the game is NE played sloppy and with all those big guys grab a rebound for goodness sakes w. pedro, Debo, and smith showed them how to grab the boards ultimately controlling the tempo of the game for them I wont talk about Dunn much tonight because that seems to be the hot topic yes he is a great ball player and he makes everyone around him better ( Livingston players) the opposing well not so good.... LETS MENTION ONE THING THAT HASNT BEEN SO FAR... IT STARTS WITH YOUR COACH! Melton has his guys ready for the first game of the season like it was mid season great coach = great team bottom line ... oh and if someone on here is offering to buy popcorn next LA game hey im in /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> GO HOGEYE