Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville played Halls earlier this year winning 28-7. Halls dominated the 1st quarter. From that 1st quarter to now Maryville has improved a ton. Halls never recovered from that loss and went 4-6. In that game I saw the biggest crowd I ever saw at Halls. Most those people were there hoping Maryville would lose. Mark Packer predicted Halls to win that game.

Greeneville sounds like a very dangerous team. Greeneville has great skill players. But! Maryville has a great defense. Maryville has moved the ball well on offense but has fumbled several times. Defense has been the strong point for Maryville. West and Rhea scored their lone touchdown vs Maryville reserves. Cleveland scored 1 touchdown vs Maryville's 1st team. That was on a bomb. The other touchdown was against Maryville reserves. There is no doubt Greeneville will make some plays. They have great athletes. I just think Maryville's defense will limit their big plays.

When Maryville isn't fumbling they are explosive. Both quarterbacks can run or pass. Chris Jordan is a playmaker. Buddy Jones and Thomas Shuler make up a very good backfield. Offensive line has been very good. Offense will make enough plays to win this game 28-10

Look forward to the trip to Greeneville. I hope Greeneville fans show up in full force. I want a loud crowd. I hope Spanky shows up at Greeneville.

RR I just hope it isn't quite as cold as last friday night, but even if it is me and matback will be still be there, do you know of anybody that sells 6x toboggans matback said he like to froze his ears off at Rhea co.

I told everybody Sullivan South and Region1 was over rated. Don't get me wrong South was a good North East Tennessee team, but not the best. Their Region was WEAK!

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm calling out all you SO_CALLED DIE HARD DEVIL FANS! The fans will be there this week because Maryville is coming to town. If we were playing Rhea Co., our FAIRWEATHER fans would stay at home and listen toRon and the boys. I will have to say thay the fans that made it Friday were LOUD, but just think how loud they would be if all that could and would, would show up. Greeneville used to have a full home side everygame, but not now for whatever reason they don't. I know Barb gets upset when I talk about the FAIRWEATHER fans, but I do not think I'm the only one saying it.

77, u have got to be kidding me. South would beat you guys 9 out of 10 games. It took a blocked kick, many mistakes on our part and a bad call TD for you to beat us. Not to mention those two horrible pass interference calls and the non TD call for us on 3rd down in OT #2. But, Friday was your night. Regions 1 and 2 were just about even from top to bottom. I still feel South was the best from regions 1 and 2, but we were looking ahead to Maryville. We would have given Maryville the better game. They will more than likely steam roll the Devils. Just move on and good luck vs. Maryville.

77, u have got to be kidding me. South would beat you guys 9 out of 10 games. It took a blocked kick, many mistakes on our part and a bad call TD for you to beat us. Not to mention those two horrible pass interference calls and the non TD call for us on 3rd down in OT #2. But, Friday was your night. Regions 1 and 2 were just about even from top to bottom. I still feel South was the best from regions 1 and 2, but we were looking ahead to Maryville. We would have given Maryville the better game. They will more than likely steam roll the Devils. Just move on and good luck vs. Maryville.

Not often I agree with one of the South faithful, but I certainly do after talking to some folks who were at the game.

Not taking anything away from the Devils, but they were extremely fortunate to win. That happens in football sometimes; it is why you play the game.

Keep dreaming......Maryville BIG.

I would say, oh, 44-0.

No offence i don't think South would beat Greeneville 9 out of 10. Over the past 2 years its been split 2 to 2. I called the block kick before it even happend because your linemen had wide splits worring about # 13 Morrison coming off the end and let presser up the middle. Your lucky you even made it to the 2nd OT because if #99 Groomes would have layed out he would have blocked the extra point just like he did the FG. The 2 pass interference calls were not horrible at all you can't make contact with a WR when the ball is 5 yards away from him in the air. I agree region 1 and 2 were even this year. To say South would have given Maryville a better game when Greeneville hasn't even played them is a little ignorant. You had your shot last year and Greeneville has their shot last year. I played Against South last year and from watching the game last Friday South was better last year than this year. You can't replace a Division 1 QB who can lower his shoulder and run people over.

No offence i don't think South would beat Greeneville 9 out of 10. Over the past 2 years its been split 2 to 2. I called the block kick before it even happend because your linemen had wide splits worring about # 13 Morrison coming off the end and let presser up the middle. Your lucky you even made it to the 2nd OT because if #99 Groomes would have layed out he would have blocked the extra point just like he did the FG. The 2 pass interference calls were not horrible at all you can't make contact with a WR when the ball is 5 yards away from him in the air. I agree region 1 and 2 were even this year. To say South would have given Maryville a better game when Greeneville hasn't even played them is a little ignorant. You had your shot last year and Greeneville has their shot last year. I played Against South last year and from watching the game last Friday South was better last year than this year. You can't replace a Division 1 QB who can lower his shoulder and run people over.

due to illness last friday night was the first game i wasn't able to watch the rebels play this year so the only information i had was from the radio, but lucky a friend let me watch a copy of the game and............well first off i'm not gonnia take anything away from greenville the deserved the victory over south the other night and as good of a team greenville is with or without Greenway the rebels are truly overall a better team then greenville. from what i have saw from the film south just didn't bring there A game IMO. the reason's for there loss are because they made to many mistakes, and against a team like greenville you just can't make that many mistakes! greenville just caught south with there pants down looking ahead at Maryville /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" and i know there is always woulda coulda shoulda in everygame but some of the calls from the officials were just crucial and unbelieveable against south period. i truly believe if south and greenville had a rematch that south would win without adoubt even though it is pointless to say because theres no way of knowing, but IMO south woulda beat greenville 9 out of 10 times this year, last friday night was just greenvilles night.

and your right south had there shot at maryville last year and now greenville get's there shot this year.

and i'll be there rooting for the devils all the way next friday!!!

and not to take anything away from g'ville but if you could just barely pull that win over south then more than likely you'll need a miracle to beat maryville i'm not saying that it's impossible because it's not i mean every dog has it's day like greenville did against south but the chances of that happening back to back well are HIGHLY doubtful but you never know /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

with all that being said ill be rooting for greenville all the way next friday and praying for the unlikely upset!

Maryville 42

Greenville 14

Good Luck To both /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Rebel Nation!

You South people are starting to sound pretty rediculous. Saying you'll be cheering like crazy for G'ville even while you're saying it was a miracle that we won against South in the first place and that we'll get destroyed by Maryville. We very well might get destroyed but the bottom line is we'll be playing on Friday and you all won't. I know that sounds harsh and like I'm trying to rub it in, but you all started it with your crap about how South would beat us 9 times out of 10.

due to illness last friday night was the first game i wasn't able to watch the rebels play this year so the only information i had was from the radio, but lucky a friend let me watch a copy of the game and............well first off i'm not gonnia take anything away from greenville the deserved the victory over south the other night and as good of a team greenville is with or without Greenway the rebels are truly overall a better team then greenville. from what i have saw from the film south just didn't bring there A game IMO. the reason's for there loss are because they made to many mistakes, and against a team like greenville you just can't make that many mistakes! greenville just caught south with there pants down looking ahead at Maryville /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" and i know there is always woulda coulda shoulda in everygame but some of the calls from the officials were just crucial and unbelieveable against south period. i truly believe if south and greenville had a rematch that south would win without adoubt even though it is pointless to say because theres no way of knowing, but IMO south woulda beat greenville 9 out of 10 times this year, last friday night was just greenvilles night.

and your right south had there shot at maryville last year and now greenville get's there shot this year.

and i'll be there rooting for the devils all the way next friday!!!

and not to take anything away from g'ville but if you could just barely pull that win over south then more than likely you'll need a miracle to beat maryville i'm not saying that it's impossible because it's not i mean every dog has it's day like greenville did against south but the chances of that happening back to back well are HIGHLY doubtful but you never know /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

with all that being said ill be rooting for greenville all the way next friday and praying for the unlikely upset!

Maryville 42

Greenville 14

Good Luck To both /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Rebel Nation!

Not much of a game then. You did not bring your A game and we only brought our C game. but we split over the last 2 years 2-2. pretty even huh /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hay we's lookin' fer a good gaim......Greyrider, Greenevul tha best eye remimber, haz tha 'Nilter Daim" fight song like Mairvul.....And cents Mairvul's band iz goin' two bee gone fer tha Thangsgivin' Day Prayed in Filly....Looks like we may haiv two brang our kazoo's, and let Spanky sang.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ........Horst eye knowed matback had sum big ears ...Butt 6x???????.......Whur iz tha good places two eat inn Greenevul?????.......mommaSTARS wants two know..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ..........