Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

RR I just hope it isn't quite as cold as last friday night, but even if it is me and matback will be still be there, do you know of anybody that sells 6x toboggans matback said he like to froze his ears off at Rhea co.

Horst, I seen you in stands and thought you had brought SHREK with you.

maybe starz could get you on of mamma starz rabbit lined bras and you could use it as a boggin.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to get all uppity about it...I was just asking. I said I THOUGHT they MAY have your number. That was the first game of the season for both teams, and the score was 7-7 at half. I'm sure you were a little worried yourself, or atleast shocked to some degree. Nobody knew what type of squad yal had this year, but once again, your boys have proven themselves to be the cream of the crop. I know that week one and week fourteen are two totally different stories because we looked pathetic in our opening game.

How exactly was that uppity. I just answered the question. I didn't mention Grey Poupon, a Bentley or flying to the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Sounds like what happened to RCHS. They talked big all week about their fan support, then we show up and those big ole stands were kinda spotty. Not to mention the fact that their fair-weather fans hit the road w/ a few minutes to go in the 3rd quarter... I can't wait to see the fancy digs ya'll got up there at GHS. I love stadiums that have the seating right up on the field, instead of on the other side of a track, etc.

No chance the Rebels give up double digit points in this one.

I really hope all the GHS fans aren't as sensitve as the RCHS fans. Last week you couldn't hardly respond to a post w/o offending somebody and being classless.

In the end: the Rebels roll on to the 'boro after this one.

MHS: 35

GHS: 6

How many times have you seen Trevon Hall and Ryan Fillers play? Both can play D-1 football, and yes I know Maryville has more of those type of players, but Greeneville WILL score over 17 points.

Also about "the streak" in the words of coach McCurry "I could really care less about Marryville winning 73 games in a row. We don't have to beat them 73 times, we only HAVE TO BEAT THEM ON ONE NIGHT" in the words of Kevin Garnett after the Celtics won the NBA championship last year "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"

^^ Maryville has ZERO players that can really compete at the D-1 level. Still, I don't see how Greenville will score 17 on Maryville. We have given up 17+ points only ONCE all season long. That was to Central and they had to get two touchdowns against our 2nd and 3rd string in order to get to 17. Clinton came close to getting over 17 points this year. They had 16. All of their points came against Maryville's 2nd string defense in the 4th quarter. Not a single team this season has consistently driven and scored on Maryville. Some teams have gotten the better of MHS on a play or a drive, but they are usually shut down completely after that.

So what makes you think that Greenville will be different from the other 13 teams Maryville has played and destroyed this season?

^^ Maryville has ZERO players that can really compete at the D-1 level. Still, I don't see how Greenville will score 17 on Maryville. We have given up 17+ points only ONCE all season long. That was to Central and they had to get two touchdowns against our 2nd and 3rd string in order to get to 17. Clinton came close to getting over 17 points this year. They had 16. All of their points came against Maryville's 2nd string defense in the 4th quarter. Not a single team this season has consistently driven and scored on Maryville. Some teams have gotten the better of MHS on a play or a drive, but they are usually shut down completely after that.

So what makes you think that Greenville will be different from the other 13 teams Maryville has played and destroyed this season?

Having seen Maryville up close several times since 2001, I say it will be very difficult for Greeneville to score over 17 points. Not impossible, just very difficult. They make virtually no mistakes and swarm to the ball. Just my 2 cents.

That being said, I wish Greeneville the best.

Having seen Maryville up close several times since 2001, I say it will be very difficult for Greeneville to score over 17 points. Not impossible, just very difficult. They make virtually no mistakes and swarm to the ball. Just my 2 cents.

That being said, I wish Greeneville the best.

Thanks for the well wishes. We will need them. I wish Greeneville fans would keep their predictions off this board. Maryville has already proven themselves time and again. Why stir up the pot with a bunch of bs predictions. This could be a great game either way it goes, but please stop naming players and what they can and cannot do. We will find out soon enough!

Thanks for the well wishes. We will need them. I wish Greeneville fans would keep their predictions off this board. Maryville has already proven themselves time and again. Why stir up the pot with a bunch of bs predictions. It will be a great game either way.

You are right about the predictions, it only makes things worse, espescially when you are playing a program that hasn't lost a game since 2003. However, I guess some people can't help themselves.

Just a feeling. I just believe that Coach McCurry will have Greeneville ready and will come up with a scheme to put points on the board. Trevon Hall is one of the best athletes in East Tennessee and very rarely does one or even two tacklers bring him down. You say you get beat on the deep ball several times. So, to me that says that a top notch receiver has a chance to make a couple of plays downfield. I could be completely wrong, but I just believe that this will be a better game than what most people expect, but by no means am I "predicting" anything such as a Greeneville win. That is just insane to predict a team like Greeneville will beat a team as talented and well coached as Marryville.

I would say the best bet against Maryville is to keep it a low scoring game and force Maryville into a lot of mistakes. You have to make sure you fall on the loose balls and bring down the interceptions when they are thrown your way. Can't let missed opportunities pass you by. Also, when Maryville runs a trick play you have to snuff it out or they will kill you on it. At any given time Maryville may have 2 or 3 quarterbacks on the field so the defense always has to stick to their assignment and watch the trick play and deep throw. Stop Maryville's offense (especially late in the game when most teams get worn down) and take advantage of one or two and turn them into scores. If someone is going to beat Maryville they are either going to have an extremely high powered offense OR they are going to beat them by no more than 7-14 points.

What makes you think that Greeneville will be the same as the other 13 teams?

Well considering that Greenville has what seems to be a rather weak offense and a rather decent offense things look par for the course to me. Problem is Greenville has faced no one that has a defense that is anywhere near the caliber of Maryville's. Despite that fact Greenville has lost two games this season and has given up over 20 points in 6 of their 13 games. They have only held one team to under 10 points and that was the 2nd week of the season.

So I see nothing spectacular out of their team, at least according to the results. So the way that they have won, and lost, is not much different than any team we have faced this season.

Well considering that Greenville has what seems to be a rather weak offense and a rather decent offense things look par for the course to me. Problem is Greenville has faced no one that has a defense that is anywhere near the caliber of Maryville's. Despite that fact Greenville has lost two games this season and has given up over 20 points in 6 of their 13 games. They have only held one team to under 10 points and that was the 2nd week of the season.

So I see nothing spectacular out of their team, at least according to the results. So the way that they have won, and lost, is not much different than any team we have faced this season.

Maryville deserves respect due to its past success, BUT as soon as the game clock ends the game and a new game begins it's a whole new ball game. I'm not saying that Greeneville will win, but I still think "On any given night."