Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

Funny, I'm starting to really love this underdog status.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Remember THIS statement on your way home to Jaser............ /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

SPEED KILLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember THIS statement on your way home to Jaser............ /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

SPEED KILLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me ask you this, If Marion County loses what does that mean? We have now gone further than any Marion team since 1995. (think that is right) Now, if Alcoa loses, well you lost to a team that some say shouldn't have even been on the same field as the great Alcoa. Who has more to lose? Not Marion County, they have already done more than most have predicted, with a first year coach by the way. So keep jabbing at us, you cant say anything that we haven't heard all year and to what avail. We are still playing...............Warriors get the win in a upset of the year!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree speed kills, but I think execution trumps speed and alcoa seems to do that.

Glad you still following Marion Glover! Whats yalls BB record so far? I haven't been following much Bball cause we still playing football.

After Friday you will wish that you had been!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> You don't have a clue whats about to hit ya!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me ask you this, If Marion County loses what does that mean? We have now gone further than any Marion team since 1995. (think that is right) Now, if Alcoa loses, well you lost to a team that some say shouldn't have even been on the same field as the great Alcoa. Who has more to lose? Not Marion County, they have already done more than most have predicted, with a first year coach by the way. So keep jabbing at us, you cant say anything that we haven't heard all year and to what avail. We are still playing...............Warriors get the win in a upset of the year!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its been a great run for Marion Co but this in not 1990 all over. They will be overwhelmed by the speed of Alcoa. It seems like most team are, especially if they have never seen it. Go Tornadoes! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Glad you still following Marion Glover! Whats yalls BB record so far? I haven't been following much Bball cause we still playing football.

DHP 2

glover 0

I can barely tolerate these confident /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Alcoa fans posting all this stuff; at least they've earned having a football thread still exist to post on. Way to swat these old sour grape losers who insist on buzzing in occasionally DHP. We all know they got a head start on BB in Region 4. They spent an entire week before playing us practicing the squeak, squeak sport. Looks like time well spent.

Now, you Alcoa folks. I've read every post, slogged through the White House schedule (exactly why I don't know), located a Painted Bridge local folks are proud of, and learned I get to see a free fireworks show during the game........maybe. All that time spent posting that stuff hasn't put one single crack in my resolve that.....Marion Wins.

DHP 2

glover 0

I can barely tolerate these confident /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Alcoa fans posting all this stuff; at least they've earned having a football thread still exist to post on. Way to swat these old sour grape losers who insist on buzzing in occasionally DHP. We all know they got a head start on BB in Region 4. They spent an entire week before playing us practicing the squeak, squeak sport. Looks like time well spent.

Now, you Alcoa folks. I've read every post, slogged through the White House schedule (exactly why I don't know), located a Painted Bridge local folks are proud of, and learned I get to see a free fireworks show during the game........maybe. All that time spent posting that stuff hasn't put one single crack in my resolve that.....Marion Wins.

Hey, didn't Smith County say the same thing "the night sky will light up all night long". By the way, thanks for the show. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Marion wins!!!!!!

I can understand that your butt is still sore but come on. Marion County's defense is much better than your giving them credit for....42 to 14...not..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sore. Marion won. however their great defense gave up 20 first downs, 415 total yards and still was lucky to win by one point. So go on up to Alcoa and get your butt kick, then yours will be sore. By the way, i am giving them credit. That is why Alcoa will only put up 42.

I love the confidence you all have. Really I do. It is nice to see. All teams have this confidence until they get hit by the storm. Your exhuberance makes me look forward to the game. I love fans that believe. It is hard to see an Alcoa OS thread on the first page, and rarely hits 6 pages in length. You guys really believe. So do we.

You see MCHSFAN, this is the kind of statement that shows your lack of understanding about high school football. This is EXACTLY why Alcoa will not allow an inferior MC team to come into Goddard and leave with a win. I know from experience that anything less than a State Title is viewed by the players as UNACCEPTABLE. Most of these guys would rather saw off their own foot and chow down on it than go without another state ring, and they'd crawl through heck and back out again with a smile on their face for it.

Now on the other hand we have MC. The attitude that a loss in the semis would still mean a good year is bordering on insanity around these parts, but it seems that when it comes to football second best is okay for you guys. To MC, losing isn't the end of the world. To Alcoa its pretty dadgum close. That's what we people in the real world call "motivation."

This is the difference between the Alcoas and the Maryvilles of HS football and the "pretty good" teams like MC.

And what exactly makes you believe you guys can pull off "a upset of the year"? Name me one player on your roster who has the talent, execution, work ethic, or experience of a Sam Thompson or Tyler Robinson or Cameron Foster or Jaron Toney or Daniel Cline or Jeff Hickman or any starter on this team. Name one. I'll tell ya there arent many in the state who can match up to these guys. They eat, sleep, and dream Alcoa football year round for 4 years. And you think a scrappy underdog is going to step onto Goddard and take what they have worked towards for a lifetime away from them? Have fun in Fantasyland dude, we'll be here to wake you up come Friday with a piping hot plate of reality.

I like this too , fans should support their team and believe they can win cause if they think they'll lose why be fans of that team ? I am an Alcoa fan cause my son played there on the 2003 thru 2006 teams and left with 3 gold rings and my daughter cheers and wants a 4th gold pendant and necklace . I think it's gonna be a good game at the start but in the end I think the Tornadoes will be making plans to play at the boro the next w/e . I'm predicting 42 to 14

I'm not sore. Marion won. however their great defense gave up 20 first downs, 415 total yards and still was lucky to win by one point. So go on up to Alcoa and get your butt kick, then yours will be sore. By the way, i am giving them credit. That is why Alcoa will only put up 42.

Your right, all those 415 yds and you still lose. Luck had nothing to do with it but wait it was the refs fault. Our defense bent but never broke. Come up with the big plays when we needed them. Sorry your still sore over the lose but hey, as one of your fellow fans said "I thought Boyd had a better chance at Alcoa until I saw your team play."

P.S

Keep us updated on your Basket Ball season..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />