Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

ok well i'm going to weigh in on this one alcoa wins by a lot. Why? many teams (that haven't played alcoa before) need to understand that probably 3/4 of the game against alcoa is mental. i mean starting with TOO HYPE (do it with them and see what happens it is amusing) then the blow up helmet and fireworks trust me it is an event to witness (i've seen it 8 times the last 4 years all standing from the opponents sideline). Marion County has to view this as an oppurtunity to go have some fun. Most importantly is they have to sincerely believe that they can win. I've witnessed what a team can do if they just sincerely believe they can win and what happens when they know they can't win. Alcoa is human and i think if any year they can be beaten it is this year but i still think that they will beat any team just because they have the name alcoa and know one believes they can beat them. oh and they are pretty good

PS. alcoapaintedbridge you made my day a variety of times with your witty photos my personal favorite was the picture of the magic box or you can't spell sack without cak. Priceless stuff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.... as a favor to a WELL KNOWN member of our community and long-time part of our Warrior family.... here goes my second, and last post on this thread......

The Warriors are the decided underdog in this game. We may lose. We are not supposed to win this game and listening to many posters all year long, we weren't supposed to be here at all..... But the bottom line is..... come Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:00 Eastern Time we will line up nose-to-nose with Alcoa for a chance to advance to the Championship game...... That's more than 54 other Class 2A teams in the State of Tennessee can say.... including Cannon County, Smith County, Westmoreland, CAK and Sequatchie County.... all of whom seem to have posters who want to do nothing but degrade the Warriors for having a great year and having an opportunity to win at least two more ballgames in the 2008 season......

As a personal note.... since most of the players know who I am..... I want you all to know that I am extremely proud of you and the way you represent your school and community...... Regardless of what all these haters say, I believe that you have it in you to win this game Friday night...... Listen to your coaching staff..... they have proven all season that they can put together a good game plan...... Don't get caught up in all the hype that fans from all over are heaving upon this game..... it's just another game..... work hard..... play your game..... and good things will continue to happen for this team...... Rest assured that when the final horn sounds, I'll be there to join in the celebration!!! I'm looking forward to this trip and hope everyone, on both teams, stays injury free......

GO WARRIORS!

good post and i am from cannon county and the warriors did what i thought could ever happen and get where they are now when going into the 4th quarter of our game tied with us. but all do respect i have seen alcoa in person and they are very very good and will destroy the warriors easy but marion has had a good season and good luck next season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

good post and i am from cannon county and the warriors did what i thought could ever happen and get where they are now when going into the 4th quarter of our game tied with us. but all do respect i have seen alcoa in person and they are very very good and will destroy the warriors easy but marion has had a good season and good luck next season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow, pun.........and to think how bad alcoa would beat yall if they do destroy us!!!!!! If they beat us 42-0, does that mean that they would beat yall 56 or 63 to nothing??

Wow, pun.........and to think how bad alcoa would beat yall if they do destroy us!!!!!! If they beat us 42-0, does that mean that they would beat yall 56 or 63 to nothing??

Depends on how the first string D would match up with our backups. We play the starters the first half and usually our backups get time in the second half. We try to avoid running the score up when possible.

Depends on how the first string D would match up with our backups. We play the starters the first half and usually our backups get time in the second half. We try to avoid running the score up when possible.

Thats good, because other than South Pittsburg, everyone else has avoided running the score up on us also.

Marion wins!!!!!!

We will know the outcome as soon as both teams have had the ball. If Alcoa marches down field and scores, and Marion punts or turnsover without responding with a score and goes up by 14 the rout is on. To stay with Alcoa you have to go score for score everytime. Get down by 14 or more and the game is sealed.

Agreed.............somewhat. The TRUTHS KEYS FOR VICTORY are as follows:

I think for marion to win, some of these things must happen,

1. Force Turnovers- much like they did to the bucs last week, marion has to force some turnovers to get some short field drives against the tornadoes, and much like last week, Marion has to play mistake free ball.

2. Keep the control and momentum. Marion must maintain drives and eat the clock up. Other than a few delusional Marion posters, most of us know that Marion can't go score for score with Alcoa.

3. Get a cheap score. A cheap score is described as a special teams td or big play...........Punt return, kickoff return.

4. Keep things from snowballing. With a talented team like Alcoa, they can quickly gain the edge and then smother you under in a matter of minutes. Like someone said in an earlier post, say Alcoa scores in five plays to open the game. Marion can't go three and out and punt back to Alcoa letting them have a short field to work with. If things like this happen, things could get out of hand really quickly.

Facts are Facts..................Marion is good, but so is Alcoa.

Someone on here was talking about the expectations that the teams have and how MC fans would be proud of the season if the team lost and how Alcoa would be devistated if they lost now. Back when Marion was winning state championships regularly, we would have felt the same way that the Alcoa fans would feel if they lose. Understand, we have been suffering hard times over the past ten years or so, a handful of coaches, some young, some without direction, some not ready to be head coaches and some that maybe left before they finished. In coach Boeck we have finally found a coach that we need. Someone who knows the game really well, someone who really cares about the kids and their well being and wants to see them suceed and knows the way to do that is through hard work and dicipline. Win or lose this friday, boeck will hug the seniors necks and learn from this game win or lose, and start seeing how the team can get better, whether it is this year or in the offseason. Ask me if I will be proud of the kids for the season if they lose? Of course I will be dissapointed with the loss, but to know and understand how far these kids have come in one short year, it just gives me hopes of great things to come and getting our program back on the level of Alcoa again in the near future. After seeing them get spanked by South Pitt during week one, I don't think any of us fans ever expected to be playing the day after thanksgiving, but it will be a joy and a pleasure to step on the same field as the Tornadoes and compete with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it out of curiosity, actually! And, if you'll reread my posts, nowhere have I stated that MC is bad and we're great. Time will tell, for sure.

As Rankin said: They've made it to the semis so they must be good.

Those Tornado boys will be ready! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Marion will be ready to. No question Alcoa is a good team and it will take us a great effort to beat them and for them to beat us they must do the same thing. We shall see. GO WARRIORS!!!!!

#1- It looks like with all those awards and such, someone could have taught you to spell. Its Marion County. You know that, its on our field up there in Smith County.

#2- You need to play something to lose all this aggression. Believe someone in Marion County could definitely shut you up.

#3- You come off as a sore loser every time your fingers hit the keyboard to post. Sorry but the truth hurts.

#4- In your opinion, Alcoa is head over heels better than any 2a school in the state. Thats not the opinion around here.

Just thought I would point those little tid bits out to you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

#1 - Mary Ann County is getting to ya huh??? LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

#2 - No Aggression here, I play something you never could and not man enough to start!!! And if you feel froggy jump youngling!!!

#3 - I can't wait to hear the excuses on Saturday!!!

#4 - Did this come from the same coach that thought he was playing at home!!! Maybe that was wishful thinking!!!

You guys are very comical and amusing!!! You actually think you have a chance!!!

I remember seeing this 2 years ago!!!

Dude, you really don't want to go there........

Regardless of the score,

These folks from the valley ain't skeered.

Go Purple Warriors.

Polecat

This comes from someone in Tater Knob??? LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />