Franklin Rebels vs White Station

Thanks for bringing up that memory! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We felt good about our chance to move into the championship game the way the 1st half went. Ravenwood kinda stomped on us in the 2nd half though.

Comparing the team of 2 years ago to this one is truly an apples/oranges comparison. The team we had 2 years ago was more experienced in some key positions. We had a totally different coaching staff running a pro set type offense. We were more predictable, but we executed very well. (at least until the 2nd half of the Ravenwood game)

This year we run a spread offense. It's more aggressive in the play calling, perhaps less predictable. We've had some inconsistencies that are a result of players learning new positions, a new system, and also we have fewer seniors on this team. Our defense is more aggressive than 2 years ago.

I really can't assess Franklin, but based on teams I've seen from region 6 in the past couple of years, it's safe to assume we will need to protect the ball and have one of our best efforts to win this one. But we're used to that underdog role. Anytime we've gone up against a quality opponent, we've been the 'dog.

Happy to oblige. If WS is as fast as 2006, FHS has not seen that much speed (trust me Rebels, I've seen who ypou've played and WS was that fast so don't argur that point). FHS defense is playing much stronger than Ravenwood at that point and WS helped put out our safety for the next game and vastly limit a LB and CB. (see 35 pts v Smyrna). Franklin's RB's are faster and stronger than Ravenwood's, Keilo, #5 and Ford, #4 can go the distance with any touch. If a team loads up at all to stop the run, Mr Football canidate at QB will burn a team with a long pass to a fast and big #8. It may sound as if I think they're unbeatable but I know in HS football...any given night, anyone can win. I'm pulling for the Rebels (have a niece, #31 on BBall team, at the school and I'll be at the game), but wish good luck and safe travels to the Spartans and their fans. Other posters...note the class Spartansfan has and use it as an example of how this board should work...sarapalin,kingz65,etc. etc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to oblige. If WS is as fast as 2006, FHS has not seen that much speed (trust me Rebels, I've seen who ypou've played and WS was that fast so don't argur that point). FHS defense is playing much stronger than Ravenwood at that point and WS helped put out our safety for the next game and vastly limit a LB and CB. (see 35 pts v Smyrna). Franklin's RB's are faster and stronger than Ravenwood's, Keilo, #5 and Ford, #4 can go the distance with any touch. If a team loads up at all to stop the run, Mr Football canidate at QB will burn a team with a long pass to a fast and big #8. It may sound as if I think they're unbeatable but I know in HS football...any given night, anyone can win. I'm pulling for the Rebels (have a niece, #31 on BBall team, at the school and I'll be at the game), but wish good luck and safe travels to the Spartans and their fans. Other posters...note the class Spartansfan has and use it as an example of how this board should work...sarapalin,kingz65,etc. etc.

Thanks for the kind words 71pops!

I was wondering how Smyrna racked up 35 points against Ravenwoods defense. They were pretty dominanting in the 2nd half in our game. Hopefully everyone stays healthy between WS and FHS so the winner (pulling reeeal hard for WS) can bring it in the final game!

Everything I've read about FHS makes them look like the real deal. And with the exception of one game, they have been unbeatable. I'm looking forward to the trip, and it'll be nice to experience some playoff football from the middle of the state. It should be a great atmosphere. If anyone wants to jump onboard the Spartans bandwagon, just grab some green gear and come on over! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the kind words 71pops!

I was wondering how Smyrna racked up 35 points against Ravenwoods defense. They were pretty dominanting in the 2nd half in our game. Hopefully everyone stays healthy between WS and FHS so the winner (pulling reeeal hard for WS) can bring it in the final game!

Everything I've read about FHS makes them look like the real deal. And with the exception of one game, they have been unbeatable. I'm looking forward to the trip, and it'll be nice to experience some playoff football from the middle of the state. It should be a great atmosphere. If anyone wants to jump onboard the Spartans bandwagon, just grab some green gear and come on over! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What type of defense do yall run? Who are your key athletes and what positions?

Should be a great game...Good luck

What type of defense do yall run? Who are your key athletes and what positions?

Should be a great game...Good luck

biznazz, take a look at post #44 on page 4. It gives an idea of who to watch for WS. I'd be more specific, but I don't have the info. Our coaches have shown some flexibilty in the sets we use, and I haven't got the inside info. I'm a great spectator, not much of a coach or analyst. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I am pulling for White Station since I live in Memphis. They run my kind of offense, the spread. They take what the defense gives, some nights they may throw all over the yard or run it. They have a stout defense so I think what it will come down to will be if the Rebels defense can slow down the Spartans offense. I expect a very close game.

I am pulling for White Station since I live in Memphis. They run my kind of offense, the spread. They take what the defense gives, some nights they may throw all over the yard or run it. They have a stout defense so I think what it will come down to will be if the Rebels defense can slow down the Spartans offense. I expect a very close game.

I too as a loyal Memphian will pull for White Station. But, I'm sorry to say it will NOT be close. Franklin wins easily unless there is some bizarre turnover differential in WS' favor. The 2007 Spartans are not nearly as good as last year, and Franklin looks very strong.

Well from what i have heard Whitestation finally found out how to use #1/23 B hayes kid.. He could make a big diff in the game as did against Millington. Whitestations d was pretty dang stout against millingtons ground game even though Millington should have won that game (still hurts my heart). Mistakes mistakes and more mistakes... Im pulling for Whitestation and i think they will pull it off...

Whitestation 28 - 21....

I too as a loyal Memphian will pull for White Station. But, I'm sorry to say it will NOT be close. Franklin wins easily unless there is some bizarre turnover differential in WS' favor. The 2007 Spartans are not nearly as good as last year, and Franklin looks very strong.

I disagree ... I think this will be a close game. White Station's region is not a weak region. I know I know I know about the number of State Champions that have come from region 8 ... none. Region 8 is one of, if not the toughest region in the state ... regardless of classification. Whatever Franklin has to throw at them ... White Station has seen it. This is the semi final ... White Station didn't get here by accident. Franklin is strong ... so is White Station. I don't care how strong Franklin looks ... White Station is just as strong if not stronger. I also disagree ... I think the 2008 version of White Station ... at this time of the year ... is better then the 2007 version. I hope the Franklin team is discounting White Station like some on this board are doing. I hope they look at their record and say to themselves ... We should beat White Station easily. They are human and they have relatives and family who are thinking it ... I know it has creeped into their sub conscious at some point. Just keep thinking like that Franklin ... keep thinking like that.

Go White Station!

I disagree ... I think this will be a close game. White Station's region is not a weak region. I know I know I know about the number of State Champions that have come from region 8 ... none. Region 8 is one of, if not the toughest region in the state ... regardless of classification. Whatever Franklin has to throw at them ... White Station has seen it. This is the semi final ... White Station didn't get here by accident. Franklin is strong ... so is White Station. I don't care how strong Franklin looks ... White Station is just as strong if not stronger. I also disagree ... I think the 2008 version of White Station ... at this time of the year ... is better then the 2007 version. I hope the Franklin team is discounting White Station like some on this board are doing. I hope they look at their record and say to themselves ... We should beat White Station easily. They are human and they have relatives and family who are thinking it ... I know it has creeped into their sub conscious at some point. Just keep thinking like that Franklin ... keep thinking like that.

Go White Station!

I can guarantee you that neither the Rebel players nor their parents/relatives/fans, etc. are looking a week ahead. The Rebels have been successful because they have taken it one game at a time -focused on the game coming up! WE BELIEVE! We believe that we can give our all on the field and come out victorious! Franklin's strength lies in the concept of "team" with seniors who have led with faith in their coaches and in their fellow team players. Each player does his job/assignment on the field. Yes, we are human, but but or "sub conscious" remains focused on this week's game. We have plenty of time to think about next week after tonight!

GO REBELS!