DII State Championships Played on a Tuesday

WarriorFan

Before you know it, DII will be playing the State Championship games at UNA on their 80 yard field......probably at 11pm on a Wednesday nite...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

DII Parents.....PLEASE let the TSSAA know your feelings on this unfair treatment.

Nothing you can do now for 2008, but this should NEVER happen again. If you don't voice your feelings and concerns, nothing will ever get better. Actually, it will get worse if they see they can push you around. Your school pays the TSSAA and DII should get fair treatment!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you know it, we will be playing the State Championship games at UNA on their 80 yard field......probably at 11pm on a Wednesday nite...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

DII Parents.....PLEASE let the TSSAA know your feelings on this unfair treatment.

again send Ronnie Carter an email your choice but stop whinning about it pllllllllllllease - unfair see my other post, about the kid that cant go to detroit to see his elderly gramma whom is alone for turkey day casue johnny boy is playing friday nite, or the family of 4 with a four and six year old that were planning a trip to see mickey mouse at Disney World, but nope they cant go casue big bro is playing in Franklin Friday night, and the family cant reschedule due to booked flights - so please stop whinning or crying you are playing tonite so ...........

i couldnt agree more with you, like i mentioned I bet you MBA or Ensworth players wouldnt mind playing on a Tuesday - we dont you pretend and think of it as the BSC title game, if i am not mistaken they play on a Monday or Tuesday...

one of these teams will walk away with something very special.......

so should we cancel thanksgiving now as well beacause of the inconvienence, i personally know more than 5 players/families up in nashville area whom because of playoff games this friday have cancelled vacations,cruises and trips to the midwest to spend turkey day with grandpa and gramma that were boooked for a long time......

so dont feel sorry for urself , your school and/or ur poor div2 because you play on a tuesday-

gosh, i didnt see the thread/topic yet of TSSAA makes my Johnny Boy miss his 12 hr drive to detroit to see his 88 year old gramma whom lives all alone, whereas we had this planned out for a year becasue he needs to play friday nite the day after thanksgiving.......

enjoy the moment-

You know, I'm sitting here reading your posts, trying to figure out if you really don't get the point, or if you are just choosing to gig DII because it's fun (a viable option to some I'm sure). The point is not really that the game is on Tuesday. The point is that DII is being treated differently and to some, pushed off as an after thought.

Would MBA or Ensworth players mind playing on a Tuesday? Of course not. Neither do MUS or BA players -- they are thrilled to be in the title game. Will as many fans for both teams show up on Tuesday - yea. They'd show up where ever to have the chance to see the game. This doesn't change the fact that the TSSAA has moved just the DII games leaving DII fans (once again) feeling like second class citizens. I don't think it's a master plan to austricize DII (don't think TSSAA is neccesarily that smart . . . ) but I do think it's because to many in the TSSAA, DII is a neccessary evil (. . . and just 'evil' to a few!).

As far as the other sports argument. . . I feel your pain (had a wrestler and enjoy soccer), but again, not a relevant argument. The thread is really about why DII is being treated differently, not why football finals are on weekends while other sports are all over the board (maybe a worthy discussion at some point thought . . .)

You know, I'm sitting here reading your posts, trying to figure out if you really don't get the point, or if you are just choosing to gig DII because it's fun (a viable option to some I'm sure). The point is not really that the game is on Tuesday. The point is that DII is being treated differently and to some, pushed off as an after thought.

Would MBA or Ensworth players mind playing on a Tuesday? Of course not. Neither do MUS or BA players -- they are thrilled to be in the title game. Will as many fans for both teams show up on Tuesday - yea. They'd show up where ever to have the chance to see the game. This doesn't change the fact that the TSSAA has moved just the DII games leaving DII fans (once again) feeling like second class citizens. I don't think it's a master plan to austricize DII (don't think TSSAA is neccesarily that smart . . . ) but I do think it's because to many in the TSSAA, DII is a neccessary evil (. . . and just 'evil' to a few!).

As far as the other sports argument. . . I feel your pain (had a wrestler and enjoy soccer), but again, not a relevant argument. The thread is really about why DII is being treated differently, not why football finals are on weekends while other sports are all over the board (maybe a worthy discussion at some point thought . . .)

look i feel your plight here but this is not a JFK assisantion theory here ( maybe you should contact Oliver Stone ) look i am sure TSSAA has better things to do then punish you -- like i said and I DO get the point others have more pressing issues then a tues nite game...

look i feel your plight here but this is not a JFK assisantion theory here ( maybe you should contact Oliver Stone ) look i am sure TSSAA has better things to do then punish you -- like i said and I DO get the point others have more pressing issues then a tues nite game...

. . . like I said, I don't think it is a master plan (no Ronnie Carter on the grassy knoll . . .), but to some there is a consistent treatment that causes this angst. My suggestion would be for you to find a kindler, gentler thread to read (I'm sure there is some good reading around "Franklin/White Station")

Friday is and always will be the time High School football is played in Tennessee, it's a tradition.

Nothing against girls soccer but high school football brings in just alittle more money than girls soccer so play the game at a time where most people will attend (Friday, Saturday)

Soccer is played 7 different days a week, along with basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, cross country, track, wrestling, bowling, lacrosse, hockey etc.

Wait a minute, I thought this was about the families? Now it's about money? Make up your mind.

Before you know it, DII will be playing the State Championship games at UNA on their 80 yard field......probably at 11pm on a Wednesday nite...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Nothing you can do now for 2008, but this should NEVER happen again. If you don't voice your feelings and concerns, nothing will ever get better. Actually, it will get worse if they see they can push you around. Your school pays the TSSAA and DII should get fair treatment!

You could have a BA and UNA reunion at the same time! Go UNA BEARS! You should have known that was coming as soon as you typed the word "UNA" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wait a minute, I thought this was about the families? Now it's about money? Make up your mind.

The money concern is from TSSAA not my concern.

If you understand the thread, I'm making reference to the reason why high school football is scheduled by the TSSAA to be played on Friday night-----Money.

I say the admission should be free.

There was no backup plan for DII championship games so it will not make money.

Don't think I will buy a $20 TSSAA state championship t-shirt either.

Never was confused baller!

I can just here the discussion around the board of control,

First Knucklehead: "We'll, we've got the D1 finals all schelduled. They'll be on Friday and Saturday evening and on television".

Second Knucklehead: "Have great Thanksgiving!"

Third Knucklehead: "Hey what about them private schools."

Fourth Knucklehead: "Huh, let'em play Tuesday some time. See you"