SP Pirates of 2009

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought SPs QB and TE looked good at Hixson yesterday. Saw where #21 hurt his shoulder was wondering if anyone can update that. Looked like typical SP teams I am used to seeing, and I have faced a few in my day /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> , good quick skill kids and well coached. Good to see Vic and Danny both yesterday. How is the Pirates' line? and also what about RBs, these guys were quick in 7 on7 but not real big. Did not look like a David Jones or Robinson at FB like the last couple of years. Will they be able to hold up all year? Good luck to SP in 09 except week 5 that is!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Malcom #21 is just fine..just bruised. Line will be OK. we have some decent size and they have good feet. We don't really have a power back but we have some decent speed and good hands. You won't see a FB much this year. The ones we have are pretty tough kids and we have some young guys that will be impressive at some point

Malcom #21 is just fine..just bruised. Line will be OK. we have some decent size and they have good feet. We don't really have a power back but we have some decent speed and good hands. You won't see a FB much this year. The ones we have are pretty tough kids and we have some young guys that will be impressive at some point

Zone, you made our dinner reservations yet? :D Seriously, I'm really looking forward to our game this year. I just hope we show up against such a tradition rich school like SP. I do want to meet up with some of the CoachT folks when we come down. Good luck to you guys! :D

Zone, you made our dinner reservations yet? :hungry: Seriously, I'm really looking forward to our game this year. I just hope we show up against such a tradition rich school like SP. I do want to meet up with some of the CoachT folks when we come down. Good luck to you guys! :thumb:

Got it handled! Stevarinos...3 blocks from Beene Stadium

We are looking forward to having y'all down. It's always exciting to play a good, quality team that you don't get to play much. Being the 3rd game it will give both programs a good feel for how we are progressing before we hit the meat of the schedule. My only worry is playing after the jasper game...we will see if our kids can keep the intensity 2 weeks in a row. Then we have travel to Signal Mtn for our 2nd district game.....and it's their 1st varsity season...it will be a big time atmosphere. Be interesting to see how the kids handle it...no muffin games this year.

We are looking forward to having y'all down. It's always exciting to play a good, quality team that you don't get to play much. Being the 3rd game it will give both programs a good feel for how we are progressing before we hit the meat of the schedule. My only worry is playing after the jasper game...we will see if our kids can keep the intensity 2 weeks in a row. Then we have travel to Signal Mtn for our 2nd district game.....and it's their 1st varsity season...it will be a big time atmosphere. Be interesting to see how the kids handle it...no muffin games this year.

That sounds great! Already got vacation scheduled that day, so me and the better half will be there early! :hungry:

That sounds great! Already got vacation scheduled that day, so me and the better half will be there early! :hungry:

Take it easy on us this year cascade!! By the way, Stevarinos is a great place to eat so lets plan on all Coach T 's gathering there.

Take it easy on us this year cascade!! By the way, Stevarinos is a great place to eat so lets plan on all Coach T 's gathering there.

I'm hoping it turns out to be a good game and we help each other improve. Got a ton of respect for ya'lls program. You guys get the time worked out for the meetingdinner and I'll be there! :hungry:

The rest may be able to make it but on game nights I have to be at the field early