11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Can anybody tell me how the Rebels started playing this well? What was the comp like in Florida? What does the lineup look like now? I'd say it's goodnight time for d-11 AAA........ Did phillyfan take a vacation????

No vacation. Followed the Rebels to PCB and watched them win the Barnstorm Classic. Then jumped in a rental car and drove 11 and a half hours through the night to celebrate the arrival of the newest Philly Fan, my grand-daughter.

The line up in the last 3 games had Starnes started with Haddix, Dmac, Young, Henry. Austin Pace has returned fron ankle injury and had an unreal tournament.

The competion was very good outside of the Canadien team. A lot like metro competition. Very athletic and up and down the court play. Really good preparation for the coming months. Should be a lot of fun.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin pulled out an ugly win tonight at Independence 52-50 with a last second shot by Haddix. The Rebels always go into every game with a target on thier backs. Everybody wants to beat them because they've dominated D11-AAA for so long. They made lots of mistakes tonight with turnovers and missed foul shots. The refs were really bad. The coach for Indy screamed at his players on the court, pushed one of them and slammed the ball on the court at one point. Nice behavior from a coach. The fans for Indy also booed Michael Young every time he got the ball. Also Rebel point guard Henry was playing sick. BUT despite all this, they still pulled out the W. That is why they are so good. Good teams overcome even when they play poorly, get bad calls, play on the road, etc. And they play TEAM ball. Everyone contributed when they weren't sitting on the bench with ridiculous foul calls. If you were a Franklin fan tonight, you may not have liked how they got to the end of the game because they are a much better team than whatthey showed tonight but the way they never gave up and in the end won, should have made you really proud.

Franklin's stats from the Tennessean:

10 Reed Glover 2

50 James Haddix 11

4 Peyton Henry 2

54 Jordan Lindsay

12 Jake Little 2

30 Daniel Miller-McLemore 11

24 Austin Pace 6

14 Michael Young 17

(I know these don't add up to 52 ... 1 pt short but anyway...)

Franklin pulled out an ugly win tonight at Independence 52-50 with a last second shot by Haddix. The Rebels always go into every game with a target on thier backs. Everybody wants to beat them because they've dominated D11-AAA for so long. They made lots of mistakes tonight with turnovers and missed foul shots. The refs were really bad. The coach for Indy screamed at his players on the court, pushed one of them and slammed the ball on the court at one point. Nice behavior from a coach. The fans for Indy also booed Michael Young every time he got the ball. Also Rebel point guard Henry was playing sick. BUT despite all this, they still pulled out the W. That is why they are so good. Good teams overcome even when they play poorly, get bad calls, play on the road, etc. And they play TEAM ball. Everyone contributed when they weren't sitting on the bench with ridiculous foul calls. If you were a Franklin fan tonight, you may not have liked how they got to the end of the game because they are a much better team than whatthey showed tonight but the way they never gave up and in the end won, should have made you really proud.

Franklin's stats from the Tennessean:

10 Reed Glover 2

50 James Haddix 11

4 Peyton Henry 2

54 Jordan Lindsay

12 Jake Little 2

30 Daniel Miller-McLemore 11

24 Austin Pace 6

14 Michael Young 17

(I know these don't add up to 52 ... 1 pt short but anyway...)

I also witnessed this basketball game. I will be the first to say the behavior of the head coach for Independence was inappropriate. However this is not the first time I have witnessed such acts, and am sure it will not be the last. The part about fans booing Young is nothing more than a good student section giving their home team every possible advantage point from an atmosphere standpoint. Franklin's student section was somewhat pathetic for the type of basketball team they have. The parents cheered much louder than the students who decided to show up.

My first thought after the game was the competition the Franklin team played down in Florida was very sub par at best, especially for them to have "blowout wins." Independence is a slightly above average AAA team that probably should have won tonight. While Michael Young is a great player (17 pts tonight), maybe 3rd best in the district, I would have expected to see more consistent play (airballs, TOs, etc.) from such a player in an important game. However he's Franklin's floor general and will continue to be. Franklin was by far the much better team, however Independence should have won tonight based on the way each team played.

Why did Starnes not play?

Starnes missed a practice and was suspended for one game. No worries. He'll be back. I will say that it was a very very ugly win! I thought Indy played well for a mediocre team but Franklin played horrible. Its nice to play so horribly and still pull out a win.

The competition in Florida was much stronger than Independence last night! Franklin sometimes ends up playing to the level of their competition which is a weakness. However, we came out with a win!

I also witnessed the Independence coach shoving his player and thought it was totally uncalled for!! No wonder the team plays so undisciplined when that is how you "leader" behaves.

Props to Peyton Henry for playing sick! And a great play by Reed Glover to tip the ball to James Haddix for the final shot. That is TEAM BASKETBALL!

I also witnessed this basketball game. I will be the first to say the behavior of the head coach for Independence was inappropriate. However this is not the first time I have witnessed such acts, and am sure it will not be the last. The part about fans booing Young is nothing more than a good student section giving their home team every possible advantage point from an atmosphere standpoint. Franklin's student section was somewhat pathetic for the type of basketball team they have. The parents cheered much louder than the students who decided to show up.

My first thought after the game was the competition the Franklin team played down in Florida was very sub par at best, especially for them to have "blowout wins." Independence is a slightly above average AAA team that probably should have won tonight. While Michael Young is a great player (17 pts tonight), maybe 3rd best in the district, I would have expected to see more consistent play (airballs, TOs, etc.) from such a player in an important game. However he's Franklin's floor general and will continue to be. Franklin was by far the much better team, however Independence should have won tonight based on the way each team played.

Why did Starnes not play?

Yeah, too bad about your coach. I know some of the players out there and they are great guys. Too bad they have to play for someone like that. Also, the Indy team did play well last night. I had no criticisms about Independence other than the coach's behavior. It was a great atmosphere otherwise.

I have no problem with the fans booing Young. My point was just that it can get into some players heads and was one more obstacle that the team had to overcome in addition to the others ones I listed. And apparently, although Young made a few more turnovers than is normal for him, it didn't really bother him either. He had 17. If you are being "inconsistent" in a "big game" and still score 17, maybe have an off night, and still score 17, that's a sign of a great leader and player.

The competition in FL: Very high level.

Starnes: 1 game suspension

We won.

That was a great heads up play by Glover to seal the victory. And yes it is very impressive to have somewhat of an off game and still score 17- Young.

I hope Franklin's weakness, in playing to the level of their competition, doesn't come back to haunt them.

And I have no ties to either school. I live in Williamson County and like all of the Franklin area teams equally (Centennial as well).

That was a great heads up play by Glover to seal the victory. And yes it is very impressive to have somewhat of an off game and still score 17- Young.

I hope Franklin's weakness, in playing to the level of their competition, doesn't come back to haunt them.

And I have no ties to either school. I live in Williamson County and like all of the Franklin area teams equally (Centennial as well).

Okay, last comment I'll make for now - The Rebels are a TEAM. Franklin's team is so deep and there are a lot of players that don't get the recognition they deserve. Haddix (getting stronger and better every game), Henry (the determination he showed to play through illness was great and BTW can shoot lights out when he's on), Glover (makes big plays when you need him), Miller-McLemore (a beast on the boards and can shoot the 3), Pace, Starnes, Lyndsey, Nelson, Little coming in and giving it their all on offense and defense...I don't think they know how good they are and how much potential they have this year to go very far as a team. I hope they remember to believe in themselves and each other and put the rest of all we and local sports writers say out of their minds.

Fot those of you that don't know Indy's student section boos a player from each team every game, usually the point guard you know to make it harder for his teammates to hear him. Wasn't trying to "hurt his feelings". We'll make sure not to do it again. Whether you want to admit it or not IHS is a good team in 11-AAA this year. After beating Brentwood and a subpar Centennial team and taking Franklin to the final second this season is turning out better than I thought it would.

I will say this, student sections that have "BOO GUYS" should be commended. Rowdy student sections make basketball fun! I give the IHS students props for that. I wish Franklins' students had some life, VERY BORING!

As for Franklin: Game was very unusual. Its seems Franklin is "Jekyl and Hyde".

I must give credit to IHS, the eagles played with more emotion and "grit" most of the time, until the Rebels made that 4th quarter run.

Reed Glovers' pass to Haddix was sick, plain and simple.

Word of advice to Rebels,,,,, STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE!

We will find out alot about the Rebels Friday and Saturday; @ Hillsboro and home against (Columbia:very good).

As for Young, you can't be perfect every game, he is the teams leader and still was a big part of the "W", yes the WIN.

Moving on after an ugly win is better than moving on after an "ugly" loss.

I thought Franklin coach J. Johnson handled himself well. He had a sick PG, (a suspended starter in Starnes), tons of foul trouble, terrible officials, and a district road "rowdy crowd game" and the REBELS still found a way to win.

Time to move on: BEAT HILLSBORO

I will say this, student sections that have "BOO GUYS" should be commended. Rowdy student sections make basketball fun! I give the IHS students props for that. I wish Franklins' students had some life, VERY BORING!

As for Franklin: Game was very unusual. Its seems Franklin is "Jekyl and Hyde".

I must give credit to IHS, the eagles played with more emotion and "grit" most of the time, until the Rebels made that 4th quarter run.

Reed Glovers' pass to Haddix was sick, plain and simple.

Word of advice to Rebels,,,,, STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE!

We will find out alot about the Rebels Friday and Saturday; @ Hillsboro and home against (Columbia:very good).

As for Young, you can't be perfect every game, he is the teams leader and still was a big part of the "W", yes the WIN.

Moving on after an ugly win is better than moving on after an "ugly" loss.

I thought Franklin coach J. Johnson handled himself well. He had a sick PG, (a suspended starter in Starnes), tons of foul trouble, terrible officials, and a district road "rowdy crowd game" and the REBELS still found a way to win.

Time to move on: BEAT HILLSBORO

I will agree that the Franklin students section is an embarassment....especially after seeing how fun they can be at football games. The parents section in Florida this Christmas was much more rowdy and exciting (and probably a little obnoxious) then I have seen the student section in a long time! Step it up fans!!!

Fot those of you that don't know Indy's student section boos a player from each team every game, usually the point guard you know to make it harder for his teammates to hear him. Wasn't trying to "hurt his feelings". We'll make sure not to do it again. Whether you want to admit it or not IHS is a good team in 11-AAA this year. After beating Brentwood and a subpar Centennial team and taking Franklin to the final second this season is turning out better than I thought it would.

Maybe you didn't read these:

I have no problem with the fans booing Young. My point was just that it can get into some players heads and was one more obstacle that the team had to overcome in addition to the others ones I listed. And apparently, although Young made a few more turnovers than is normal for him, it didn't really bother him either. He had 17.

And:

I had no criticisms about Independence other than the coach's behavior. It was a great atmosphere otherwise.