11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Watched all of the Rebs games this year except Fl tourney. I will say this team is starting to play very well.

I stand by preditions at the beginning of season. Rebs will not be seriously challanged this year in district play. The big win over Hillsboro and the win over Columbia show coach Johnson has Young and company going in the right direction. As for the rest of the district. Indy has been a surprize they are playing better than anyone expected.

Our Big man is starting to play very well. This team can scary if they keep improving...

This is how I see it

1. Rebs

2. Hillsboro

3. Indy

4. Brentwood - Centennial

6. Ravenwood

7. Hillwood

So where does Overton fit in in all of this?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen this Franklin team play a few times this year and I have come away impressed each time. Appear to be a very complete unit: Big Man, Point Guard, Shooters, Defenders, Rebounders, Deep Bench, Good Coaching and unselfish. I would rank Ensworth, Siegel, and Franklin as the top 3 teams in MidTN, and expect to see all three go deep into State tourney. I believe Gallatin, Beech, and Maplewood are in the next tier of 3, but certainly capable of beating anyone. Overall, defense is the common denominator with these teams and it makes for some intense high school basketball. Fun stuff.

Predicted Order of finish: 1. Franklin

2. Indy

3. Brentwood

4. Overton

5. Hillsboro

6. Centennial

7. Ravenwood

8. Hillwood

Franklin 66 Overton 57

Franklin had two 14 point leads during the contest. Bobcats couldn't stop Mr. haddix, but then again, who has? Nice games by Young and Glover as well. Franklin plays @ Hillwood Thursday (rainout) and hosts Brentwood Friday. Young also added a breakaway CRAM to end the contest.........

Reed Glover 13

James Haddix 21

Peyton Henry 4

Jordan Lindsay 4

Daniel Miller-McLemore 5

Jamaul Starnes 2

Michael Young 17

Independence 62 Ravenwood 56

A game with a lot of turnovers as is usual with any Independence game. A typical game for Independence, lead going into the 4th quarter and then almost throwing it away. Indy has to start playing smarter if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Blake Carden 23

Ryan Eilermann 13

Tyler King 12

Franklin 66 Overton 57

Franklin had two 14 point leads during the contest. Bobcats couldn't stop Mr. haddix, but then again, who has? Nice games by Young and Glover as well. Franklin plays @ Hillwood Thursday (rainout) and hosts Brentwood Friday. Young also added a breakaway CRAM to end the contest.........

Reed Glover 13

James Haddix 21

Peyton Henry 4

Jordan Lindsay 4

Daniel Miller-McLemore 5

Jamaul Starnes 2

Michael Young 17

Impressive. What is he, about 6'1?

Independence 62 Ravenwood 56

A game with a lot of turnovers as is usual with any Independence game. A typical game for Independence, lead going into the 4th quarter and then almost throwing it away. Indy has to start playing smarter if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Blake Carden 23

Ryan Eilermann 13

Tyler King 12

I was at the game as well, and agree way to many turnovers. I also also suprised by the clock keeper giving the bird to the Ravenwood bench and telling parents to @#$% off. Way to show class. But what can you expect from a team whose coach pushes his own players.

[/b]

So where does Overton fit in in all of this?

Overton should have been fifth sorry for the omission. Overton played us tuff this week. They have a very good

team and could finish higher. They are capable of beating anyone in district other than us of course /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big district game Friday night in Franklin. As we welcome Brentwood to town.

Any predictions...

Overton should have been fifth sorry for the omission. Overton played us tuff this week. They have a very good

team and could finish higher. They are capable of beating anyone in district other than us of course /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big district game Friday night in Franklin. As we welcome Brentwood to town.

Any predictions...

Franklin FIRST plays at HILLwood on THURSDAY night. Teams lose when they overlook an opponent thinking about an upcoming "big" game. How about some students making the short drive to Bellevue Thursday night? Teams on all levels (high school, college, and pro) do play better when they have the crowd behind them. Franklin's crowd CAN be a good one when they want to be. They just need to do it for more than just Brentwood and Centennial. The game at Hillwood on Thursday counts the same as the one on Friday night! GO REBELS!!!

Franklin is not as good as everyone thinks. They are very beatable. We should of beat them on our home floor. Its ok payback is coming. The guys haven't fully put it together yet, but slowly they will become contenders come tourney time. Looks Franklin looks like somone is getting to big for their britches.

Your right IndyEagle09, 16-3 and ranked in the AP Top 10 is way too big for Franklin's britches? This coming from a program that has zero signifigant wins! You played Franklin close with no Starnes and basically no Peyton Henry, that was your one chance, and you blew it. Maybe the coaches and players should quit shoving each other on the bench?