Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

No it is not pompous or arrogant to think the WB and Heritage are expressing pusillanimity in refusing to play Alcoa, a WB representative was quoted in the Daily Times saying there was no advantage to getting beat by a smaller school with the new playoff format, and as for your receipts Heritage representatives claimed in the same article that they brought in more money with Campbell County, this is obviously a lie and a way to put a facade on their actual intentions, they don??™t want another loss on the schedule especially a smaller school. As for players who may not have represented Alcoa to the fullest, that is absolutely true but you continually seem to put this on John Reid and that is false Alcoa football under Reid??™s teams were far more classy than those under Scott Meadows. Under him some Blount County referee??™s refused to call Alcoa??™s games because of the manner in which he and his players carried themselves. The behavior of many players during this three year span was not acceptable and one incident in the 2001 semi finals may have cost Alcoa a State Championship. No event of this magnitude occurred under Reid and it seems your criticism might be better placed upon the coach of another local school. You bring up the GP game, if more could have been done maybe you can provide a suggestion. As for scheduling more challenging schools Alcoa has tried to schedule all the area schools and few will agree to play them, this may flabbergast you but it is true regardless of what you believe. Come on Oak Ridge and Farragut are not a step as compared to Alcoa. Alcoa has scrimmaged Oak Ridge the past couple years and they have done what they wanted to them as for Farragut they have been good the last two years and that is it.

I don't know about all of that, and I know you weren't talking to me, but did you see what I did to the bridge? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say I love "Alcoa's Painted Bridge" (the bridge not the poster) and have loved it since I was a little kid growing up in Alcoa. I love it so much that I walked over to it last night from my brother-in-laws house, which is in sight of the bridge, and gave it a new coat of paint. It was cold and wet, but I used some special all weather paint that bladerunner smuggled out of the Atomic City (Clinton Engineering Works)!

That's more like it..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Huh? What do you mean you don't love me?

That's more like it..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Huh? What do you mean you don't love me?

I just wanted to lighten up the mood a little bit. (You get it) I really, really, really, like you. That's all I can commit to at this point in time...

I just wanted to say I love "Alcoa's Painted Bridge" (the bridge not the poster) and have loved it since I was a little kid growing up in Alcoa. I love it so much that I walked over to it last night from my brother-in-laws house, which is in sight of the bridge, and gave it a new coat of paint. It was cold and wet, but I used some special all weather paint that bladerunner smuggled out of the Atomic City (Clinton Engineering Works)!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dang!.............So, you and baldrunner close? or just swap paint? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dang!.............So, you and baldrunner close? or just swap paint? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

He called me a girl in one post because I mentioned a mall. I asked him what was up w/ the Clinton Engineering Works Mall (I don't say O_ _ R_ _ _ _ anymore) So yeah, we are just swappin' paint...

Someone see my flag?..................I've seemed to have miss placed it? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

NOW THAT IS SACRILEGE. Where's the blow up doll?

Someone see my flag?..................I've seemed to have miss placed it? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Two responses come to mind:

1.) We captured ALCOA's flag! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> We Win!

or

2.) You know they don't allow "flags on poles" in the Skeeterdome!

I don't know about all of that, and I know you weren't talking to me, but did you see what I did to the bridge? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

That is the best that bridge ever looked. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One of your best photoshops ever. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You should really read before you post!! If you actually new anything about the new system, you sir would know that with all of the privates playing public ball they have a multiplier added to their enrollment. Which is why they are playing up in classification. Skill? Are you being serious right now? I was in the boro last weekend to watch the state games and Alcoa would beat Catholic hands down!!

YOu are correct, Alcoa would hammer KC. Catholic barely got by White House in a game played at KC. We travel to White House and drill them in a pouring rain storm. It could have been even worse if not for our players slipping every time they were making a cut back.

We have also asked them and every other team in East TN to play us and none will....including Kingsport DB, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden.............ALL of them!

The last time I saw the doll............STARS took her mud rassal'n /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

BeeCee...If'un mommaSTARS finds out about Big Barbee......Eye'll freeze this winner..... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />