Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

Someone see my flag?..................I've seemed to have miss placed it? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

didnt we do that to yalls pond a number of years ago? but with a good ol rebel flag

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt we do that to yalls pond a number of years ago? but with a good ol rebel flag

That used to be a tradition, but has gone away because of the times we live in.

A senior from Maryville would plant the flag and a senior from Alcoa would have to swim out and get it.

It was a lot cooler when the teams used to meet in week six. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

YOu are correct, Alcoa would hammer KC. Catholic barely got by White House in a game played at KC. We travel to White House and drill them in a pouring rain storm. It could have been even worse if not for our players slipping every time they were making a cut back.

We have also asked them and every other team in East TN to play us and none will....including Kingsport DB, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden.............ALL of them!

Well that must be because everyone in the state is scared of you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well that must be because everyone in the state is scared of you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nah...........just Milan............I knew when I saw you on their sideline, Alcoa would win! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

FBE: I've quoted you before saying this crazy stuff:

"teams like Fulton comes around, Alcoa normally gets spanked?"

You need to do your research. These teams have only met 2 times this century. Alcoa "spanked" Fulton in 2005 by a score of 46-8. The next year Fulton (who won the 3A state championship that year) won 24-21. If that's your definition of "getting spanked", then Hillsboro spanked Maryville this year in the state championship.

I would like Alcoa to fill that open date with Greenback, WB, Heritage, Fulton, A-E or maybe even Webb. But no they will travel hundreds of miles to find a cake game to pad the win column. In a year or two GP is going to remember that classless 91-zip game where Alcoa ran up the score on then. A GP team that was young and thin. That game was a major contributor that gave TN High School football the continuous running clock rule and the political correctness that went with it. Where the rule says when a team gets ahead by 35, the clock runs continuously and hence shortens the game. This irresponsible coaching stunt cost thousands of future underclassman across the state playing time during the latter part of Friday night games. I can remember watching the film where starters were pointing and finger pointing during the route to 91 points over G-P. To me it was a turning point for supporting the 2A team in the county. Prior to that I pulled for Alcoa. My sons had played some pee-wee with some of Alcoa's greatest several years ago. The Alcoa posters on here then were as arrogant as some of those players were. I thought it disgusting.

Under Coach Rankin I am starting to come back around. Alcoa again has class and conducts itself like the champions they are. But just as some roots run deep, so do some reservations. Time heals all.

Yea, start pounding, posting nasty pictures, calling me names, I can take that too.

Greenback??? Are you serious??? They had a good team this year, and I really like Greenback, but that wouldn't even be a game!

This irresponsible coaching stunt

I'm assuming your talking about the G-P coaching. You know, it's hard not to score when the offense hands to ball to the defense right on their own 20 yard line. But, that's in the past. Most Alcoa fans were embarrassed by that score, and haven't really talked about it.

Under Coach Rankin I am starting to come back around.

Whew! I can sleep tonight.

No problem man, I knew I could get them spooled up!

In a year or two GP is going to remember that classless 91-zip game where Alcoa ran up the score on then. A GP team that was young and thin. That game was a major contributor that gave TN High School football the continuous running clock rule and the political correctness that went with it. Where the rule says when a team gets ahead by 35, the clock runs continuously and hence shortens the game. This irresponsible coaching stunt cost thousands of future underclassman across the state playing time during the latter part of Friday night games. I can remember watching the film where starters were pointing and finger pointing during the route to 91 points over G-P. To me it was a turning point for supporting the 2A team in the county. Prior to that I pulled for Alcoa. My sons had played some pee-wee with some of Alcoa's greatest several years ago. The Alcoa posters on here then were as arrogant as some of those players were. I thought it disgusting.

Under Coach Rankin I am starting to come back around. Alcoa again has class and conducts itself like the champions they are. But just as some roots run deep, so do some reservations. Time heals all.

Yea, start pounding, posting nasty pictures, calling me names, I can take that too.

Wow, I overlooked this post. You are ignorant to what happened in that game. Just like someone else replied to you about it, GP continued to throw interceptions and fumble the ball in the second half against every 9th grader we had. I always like it when people write about stuff they didn't even see. I spoke to GP coaches after the game and the only people they blamed were themselves. The TSSAA and the GP coaches deserve all of the blame for that fiasco. Also, the mercy rule that the TSSAA uses now was already set to be implemented before the Alcoa / GP game. However, don't let facts get in your way......you never have before.

Wow, I overlooked this post. You are ignorant to what happened in that game. Just like someone else replied to you about it, GP continued to throw interceptions and fumble the ball in the second half against every 9th grader we had. I always like it when people write about stuff they didn't even see. I spoke to GP coaches after the game and the only people they blamed were themselves. The TSSAA and the GP coaches deserve all of the blame for that fiasco. Also, the mercy rule that the TSSAA uses now was already set to be implemented before the Alcoa / GP game. However, don't let facts get in your way......you never have before.

what is ignorant is how you got pulled into that post. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

A buddy of mine who graduated in the mid 1970's told me the story of planting a flag in the middle of the Duck Pond his senior year. They took a tire and filled it full of concrete and set a long steel pole in the middle. Then they attached the appropriate flag to the top of the pole. For the next step, they greased the pole. Then they floated the pole to the middle of the pond on inner tubes. They busted the tubes and the concrete tire sank to the bottom like a rock. The pole and flag stayed in the pond for weeks because of the weight and the grease on the pole.

A buddy of mine who graduated in the mid 1970's told me the story of planting a flag in the middle of the Duck Pond his senior year. They took a tire and filled it full of concrete and set a long steel pole in the middle. Then they attached the appropriate flag to the top of the pole. For the next step, they greased the pole. Then they floated the pole to the middle of the pond on inner tubes. They busted the tubes and the concrete tire sank to the bottom like a rock. The pole and flag stayed in the pond for weeks because of the weight and the grease on the pole.

That's pretty clever!........Wasn't the Alcoa painted bridge the location of some late night egg fights? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

That's pretty clever!........Wasn't the Alcoa painted bridge the location of some late night egg fights? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The water was cold too..

You could include walnuts as part of the weaponary in addition to Sandy Springs Park as another battle ground. Yeah....it was fun until the liberals put an end to it.