Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

I heard you were the best waterboy Alcoa has ever had. 100% H2o in every bucket. You took the water purification course over at Austin Peay didnt you. You never know, they need professional waterboys in the NFL. That education may pay off one of these days.

Hahahahaha yea I am best ever since bobby bouche', but I also have something you don't have and will never have for that matter either!!! Hey we all gotta start somewhere Gruden started out carrying around towels for the niners back in the day, and I know he got fired but not without winning a Super Bowl first!!! What do you have to offer munchkin?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

So basically what your telling me is that you have never seen an Easy TD?? Ok well let me help you out then, FC had a couple of easy touchdowns this year against SC. I guess you go and watch Milan, Alcoa, and Maryville all the time then huh? Well if you have ever watched them, and really watched them those are some teams that score easy TD's. They don't give up easy touchdowns, by that I mean, they make you snap the ball over and over. They do not give up the big play. Oh and just so you know Football is a game downs not inches!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Never said I haven't seen an easy TD. FC against SC???? Let me help YOU out. I believe even with those easy TDs they still lost the game so what's your point. Scoring easy TDs is all that matters??? Winning, no matter how, doesn't mean anything. Nope, don't watch anybody other than SC "all the time", although it appears that you span the state pretty well, being so knowledgable about Milan,Melrose Alcoa and Maryville.

Football is a game of downs, not inches??? 10 yards to get a new set of 4 downs. 36 inches in a yard. 359 inches won't get you a new set of downs. You don't do your name justice, oldballcoach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Never said I haven't seen an easy TD. FC against SC???? Let me help YOU out. I believe even with those easy TDs they still lost the game so what's your point. Scoring easy TDs is all that matters??? Winning, no matter how, doesn't mean anything. Nope, don't watch anybody other than SC "all the time", although it appears that you span the state pretty well, being so knowledgable about Milan,Melrose Alcoa and Maryville.

Football is a game of downs, not inches??? 10 yards to get a new set of 4 downs. 36 inches in a yard. 359 inches won't get you a new set of downs. You don't do your name justice, oldballcoach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I know SC won the game against FC, I was just saying they scored easy touchdowns. Winning is what matters and the only that matters. It is so much easier to WIN when you are able to score easy touchdowns, and not give up easy touchdowns get my drift buddy. Ok think about this, what would you rather have a 20 play drive, where every time you snap the ball, there is a chance to turn the ball over(I know there is a chance everytime, but the risk gets higher the more times you snap the ball in a series), or would you prefer to some a RB, WR, or QB make a big play i.e. easy touchdown, get momentum, and get your defense back out on the field?? I am pretty sure that football is a game of downs and yards. I mean who says its first and 359inches?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I mean come on. If you play the inches style of football well, I know for a fact that your teams aren't winning many games. The only time football is a game of inches is when its on the goalline or says it next to the markers in the middle of field.

I've heard it said many times by several of my coaches over the years. Football in many ways is a game of inches. And oldballcoach I believe Lombardi was referring to those situations down at the goal line or 3rd or 4th down and inches. The team that makes them or stops them are usually Champions. Take Bart Starr and the QB sneak against the Cowboys that put Green Bay into the 1st Super Bowl. Another when Barry Krauss LB Alabama stopped the Nittany Lions RB around the goal line to win the National Championship. Those situations would definitely be considered IN FOOTBALL a game of inches.

I've heard it said many times by several of my coaches over the years. Football in many ways is a game of inches. And oldballcoach I believe Lombardi was referring to those situations down at the goal line or 3rd or 4th down and inches. The team that makes them or stops them are usually Champions. Take Bart Starr and the QB sneak against the Cowboys that put Green Bay into the 1st Super Bowl. Another when Barry Krauss LB Alabama stopped the Nittany Lions RB around the goal line to win the National Championship. Those situations would definitely be considered IN FOOTBALL a game of inches.

OH Yes and I completely agree with you, snoball, and termite when it comes to those situations. I have heard it all my life, also. When it comes down to it football is a game of downs. You make a mistake, but not a serious mistake and get another snap, you have that down to make it right.

OH Yes and I completely agree with you, snoball, and termite when it comes to those situations. I have heard it all my life, also. When it comes down to it football is a game of downs. You make a mistake, but not a serious mistake and get another snap, you have that down to make it right.

Same thing in Golf. You hit an errant tee ball and the best thing is to take an Iron and get the ball back in play and give yourself a chance at par. Not pull out the Driver again or 3 -wood and make the situation even harder. B/C it would be like a 3rd at 34 situation. Make the smart shot and make it sort of like a 3rd and 4. Maybe Lombardi was also referring to football as a game of inches, you know the ones between your ears lol

Guest Termite

Has Spring Football started yet ? Or will it begin next week in Owl Country.

Monday is the day it starts RC (I think). Could be interesting. Some big shoes to try to fill.

I know SC won the game against FC, I was just saying they scored easy touchdowns. Winning is what matters and the only that matters. It is so much easier to WIN when you are able to score easy touchdowns, and not give up easy touchdowns get my drift buddy. Ok think about this, what would you rather have a 20 play drive, where every time you snap the ball, there is a chance to turn the ball over(I know there is a chance everytime, but the risk gets higher the more times you snap the ball in a series), or would you prefer to some a RB, WR, or QB make a big play i.e. easy touchdown, get momentum, and get your defense back out on the field?? I am pretty sure that football is a game of downs and yards. I mean who says its first and 359inches?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I mean come on. If you play the inches style of football well, I know for a fact that your teams aren't winning many games. The only time football is a game of inches is when its on the goalline or says it next to the markers in the middle of field.

I don't know much about football, but would it not be more beneficial to keep your defense off the field and give them a chance to rest? IMO I think it would be more beneficial to wear teams down by having a 20 play drive rather than a short drive. Just being around sports I know not many teams like playing defense because playing good defense is work and they get tired easier playing defense for long periods of time. Either way short scoring drives, long scoring drives I guess you could say they both have advantages. I see your point about quick TD's and momentum though.

Guest Termite

I went back to make sure I read everything you said right.

You said WINNING teams score EASY TDs, then say it's easier to WIN when you score easy TDs, then say FC scored easy TDs,.....Then say I know SC won the game against FC. So, nope, I don't get your drift.. buddy /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Inches equals yards, yards equals downs...kind of hard to have one without the other.

Get the defense back out on the field??? Not really......... if I got the ball, you can't score.

You also say that if a mistake is made, but not a serious mistake, you get another snap and have that down to make it right. ???? Not if it is 4th and INCHES. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I went back to make sure I read everything you said right.

You said WINNING teams score EASY TDs, then say it's easier to WIN when you score easy TDs, then say FC scored easy TDs,.....Then say I know SC won the game against FC. So, nope, I don't get your drift.. buddy /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Inches equals yards, yards equals downs...kind of hard to have one without the other.

Get the defense back out on the field??? Not really......... if I got the ball, you can't score.

You also say that if a mistake is made, but not a serious mistake, you get another snap and have that down to make it right. ???? Not if it is 4th and INCHES. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh my gosh this is stupid and has got to stop goodness. Defense wins championships, offense puts fans in the stands. How about you and oldballcoach get two teams up, and play each other. One of you can have a ball control offense, and the other can have a quick strike offense. Why don't you two talk about defense? Me personally I would rather have a team that can strike at any time, and also keep the ball for as long they want to win the game.

Guest Termite

Oh my gosh this is stupid and has got to stop goodness. Defense wins championships, offense puts fans in the stands. How about you and oldballcoach get two teams up, and play each other. One of you can have a ball control offense, and the other can have a quick strike offense. Why don't you two talk about defense? Me personally I would rather have a team that can strike at any time, and also keep the ball for as long they want to win the game.

Yelp.....stupid..... fits right in with most of the stuff on these threads don't it??

Wouldn't even attempt to coach.....anything. Although a team like you describe would/should make coaching easier.

Know where I can get one in these parts?? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I just think you play the hand you are dealt. More times than not... it's ball control and defense.

I wonder why you like to talk defense.....poster boy. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anybody know if baseball players will be playing next week or are they done??