Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Hey......did anybody go to see the 1st day in pads today??? If so, what are your thoughts. Anybody stand out or any suprises? I know it's still early but sometimes there is a diamond in the rough and somebody may draw a little attention that is kind of unexpected.

Didn't get to go personally but talked with a person who saw about the first hour. He said the spirit was good, nothing stood out as impressive. Lot of kids out and he said a lot of attention given to all the players. I would think this is the coaches building depth. They know what the first 15 to 18 kids can do and I guess they are starting right off looking for depth. I have mentioned several times that injuries could be devistating for the Owls.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from a little birdy that you'll be seeing more of an air attack from the owls... Is this true?

If it is, I don't know if the HC will make it through the season... When I played he would've ran the veer the entire game if he had it his way :)

What years did you play for him??

I played for him a couple of years ago... and whoever said that the HC "favors" the run, that is the biggest understatement ever put on this board. :thumb:

I haven't been to a full pads practice yet, and able to only briefly watch a practice in shorts, but I will guarantee this as an ex player of Coach Maynord's and the SC coaching staff, most of these kids will reach their full potential under these coaches. I will always stick by the fact that we have one of the best coaching staffs in Tennessee.

But hey, I'm biased :)

I've heard from a little birdy that you'll be seeing more of an air attack from the owls... Is this true?

If it is, I don't know if the HC will make it through the season... When I played he would've ran the veer the entire game if he had it his way :)

I played for him a couple of years ago... and whoever said that the HC "favors" the run, that is the biggest understatement ever put on this board. :thumb:

I haven't been to a full pads practice yet, and able to only briefly watch a practice in shorts, but I will guarantee this as an ex player of Coach Maynord's and the SC coaching staff, most of these kids will reach their full potential under these coaches. I will always stick by the fact that we have one of the best coaching staffs in Tennessee.

And he was a passing QB in high school and college.

Speaking of practice facility........today is one of the days it's paying off. There aren't many teams getting any work in today. What work they are getting probably isn't quality work. The owls won't miss a beat.Today is one of those days the coaches love having it.....some of the kids hate it.

Ole Wish Beasley probably has a teenager or two cussing him under their breath today. :thumb:

Well if you were there when he would have ran the veer, then you would have probably played with me. Cause that was our bread and butter, that and the power and counter. :lol:

It's too bad that Glencliff's outstanding quarterback, Mitchell Clemons, has supposedly been caught and charged with burglary/theft (along with 3 other individuals). If this story from today's Tennessean is true then he is going to have to pay for his crime and football is no longer going to be a luxury for him in all likelihood. He was set to have a good year this season for a Glencliff team, that despite the win/loss record, is making huge strides under coach Murray & company.

The Colts athleticism and speed will provide a great preseason test for the Owls :roflolk:

Howdy may make a guest appearance for this one for any of you SCHS faithful who are planning on attending the scrimmage!

It's too bad that Glencliff's outstanding quarterback, Mitchell Clemons, has supposedly been caught and charged with burglary/theft (along with 3 other individuals). If this story from today's Tennessean is true then he is going to have to pay for his crime and football is no longer going to be a luxury for him in all likelihood. He was set to have a good year this season for a Glencliff team, that despite the win/loss record, is making huge strides under coach Murray & company.

The Colts athleticism and speed will provide a great preseason test for the Owls :D

Howdy may make a guest appearance for this one for any of you SCHS faithful who are planning on attending the scrimmage!

Howdy, Scott Murray, Colts head coach, is from Smith County and played football here. Outstanding TB and LB. He went on to Cumberland and played football there