who will win state championship in all classes

jcbiggestfan

I'd have to give the AA edge to McMinn Central. I don't think I've ever seen a team so complete and dominant. Most teams I've seen live or die with one or two players. This is not the case with Central. I have yet to see any team at any level in any sport (men or women) as un-selfish as this team appears to be. Their senior class has won the district and region every year they've been there, so far. That's a lot of experience and a lot of big games. No butterflies there.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very confused, understanding that games are won and lost on the court - I am hesitant to make this post.

Did Upperman lose anyone from last year or did they find wonderful freshman. I ask because I know McMinn Central has the same team as last year, and in my opinion the semi's determined your champion. I know games are won and lost on the floor, but it seems to me, unless these other teams have the same girls as last year - MC should be at advantage. Just my opinion, let me know why Upperman and others should be so much better, is it school pride and want post or an educated opinion.

logcabinman, Central is a favorite to win no doubt...i have told thug dadi that more than once. Its my opinion only. But, don't count Upperman out as they did return all starting 5 and the next 2 subs off the bench. The lost one senior who was 2-3 man off the bench. They are good, but i saw Central last year and was very impressed. Gibson Co. will be better this season at state i am sure as they return basically everyone...lost 1 starter (not sure about that but GCP will know). March returning at Marshall makes them bona fide contenders as well. This is assuming all these make it and I think they will. AA is wide open and full of GREAT teams. It will be the best division at state this year!

logcabinman, Central is a favorite to win no doubt...i have told thug dadi that more than once. Its my opinion only. But, don't count Upperman out as they did return all starting 5 and the next 2 subs off the bench. The lost one senior who was 2-3 man off the bench. They are good, but i saw Central last year and was very impressed. Gibson Co. will be better this season at state i am sure as they return basically everyone...lost 1 starter (not sure about that but GCP will know). March returning at Marshall makes them bona fide contenders as well. This is assuming all these make it and I think they will. AA is wide open and full of GREAT teams. It will be the best division at state this year!

Well so much for assuming....I knew what that spells /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . With Marshall out of the mix, I still feel that AA will still be wide open and the best division at state.

stats huh mean nothing 7 gold balls in how many years of coaching does he have 4 in a row didnt think so

I don't know who CR's coach was, but didn't they win 4 in a row from 88-91? I was in school at Bradford back then. CR beat us in the title game. I thought they said that was their 4th in a row. Maybe I am like Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitie and I am misremembering. Doesn't matter I guess. I like throwing out all of those stats too. They are impressive, but they have to do it this year too. All I know is, district 14 has a good chance of sending 2 teams this year. I really think that Bradford can make some noise this year. They might not be the favorite, but they are playing really well. Very physical. VERY PHYSICAL.

The only key player Gibson Co. lost from last years team was Jennilee Pate. As I have said on other threads, she was replaced by Aubrey Reedy (transferred in from Obion Co.) and Aubrey is quicker and better than Jennilee. We also have a Freshman this year that has gotten tons of minutes each game. Her name is Courtney Haynes. She can shoot the lights out from 3. Heather Butler is back this year along with Heather Griffin, Jeniqua Jennings, Brittney Garner, and Erica Schlesinger. We normally play about 8 players deep in a competitive game. I feel we are a better team this year and we're clicking very well at the right time. We defeated Westview by 24 in the District Championship and defeated Obion Co. tonight by 33 in the Region semi's. We'll play Westview again Wednesday night for the Region 7AA title!

The only key player Gibson Co. lost from last years team was Jennilee Pate. As I have said on other threads, she was replaced by Aubrey Reedy (transferred in from Obion Co.) and Aubrey is quicker and better than Jennilee. We also have a Freshman this year that has gotten tons of minutes each game. Her name is Courtney Haynes. She can shoot the lights out from 3. Heather Butler is back this year along with Heather Griffin, Jeniqua Jennings, Brittney Garner, and Erica Schlesinger. We normally play about 8 players deep in a competitive game. I feel we are a better team this year and we're clicking very well at the right time. We defeated Westview by 24 in the District Championship and defeated Obion Co. tonight by 33 in the Region semi's. We'll play Westview again Wednesday night for the Region 7AA title!

Thanks GCP...I knew yall returned a ton plus the addition of Reedy. I still have you in the hunt....State should be good!

I think AA is more wide open than the other 2 classes. In Single A, Clarkrange seems to be ahead of the field with Bradford being closely behind. (I think that'll be the Single A state championship game) In AAA, it seems now that Wilson Central is done, Millington and Memphis Central could set up a Shelby Co. state championship in Murfreesboro. In AA, you have McMinn Central, Upperman, Gibson Co., Westview, and South Greene who could all make good runs for some gold. Whoever wants it more is going to get it!

Class A: Clarkrange

Class AA: Gibson County they have a great coach...

Class AAA: Either Memphis Central or Smyrna... either way I would be thrilled to see future Lady Raiders playing for the state championship. Very shocked to see Oak Ridge and Marshall Co out so soon.

I think AA is more wide open than the other 2 classes. In Single A, Clarkrange seems to be ahead of the field with Bradford being closely behind. (I think that'll be the Single A state championship game) In AAA, it seems now that Wilson Central is done, Millington and Memphis Central could set up a Shelby Co. state championship in Murfreesboro. In AA, you have McMinn Central, Upperman, Gibson Co., Westview, and South Greene who could all make good runs for some gold. Whoever wants it more is going to get it!

I have a feeling the powers that be may find away for the two Shelby County teams to meet before the finals.. This is assuming they both make it to the Boro. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I have a feeling the powers that be may find away for the two Shelby County teams to meet before the finals.. This is assuming they both make it to the Boro. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'm having that same feeling Fed123. The only way Shelby county teams won't meet before the finals is if they are in the same district. So If Overton and Central do make it, they could very well be playing against each other in the 1st or 2nd round or if Bartlett and Central make it they could, or Millington and Central they could or Millington and Overton, they could... you get the picture. Somebody from West TN need to bring it back over here! Go West TN! Last night was upset Monday for real. We almost fell into that category. I've always said that I hate Monday games especially when we don't get to practice on that Sunday... The weather was too bad out here to chance an accident. We normally shoot pretty well from the line but missed 19 freethrows last night. McLaughlin is still recovering from a virus and had trouble with strength. Overall the team did enough to fight back and win. Good job ladies!!! Arlington is a very good team with really good defense. Offensively they are strong as well.

That is assuming that Bradford and Clarkrange do not meet before the finals. It seems that year in and year out, the best two teams meet in semi-final round. Heard the theory that this makes the gate better on Friday /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I know, before anyone slams me on this----It's a "blind" draw (just remember this post when the brackets come out)

Thank you! This is good concrete info. I just was wondering because I new McCentral returned pretty much the whole team.