Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

Bearden has 5? White Station has 5, Ridgeway has 4-5(Not including Adam Weary and Brandon Lewis[Freshmen], Raleigh Egypt has 3, Central has loads of em? Shall I continue?

They haven't played any memphis team except BCS who isn't even the best Private School in Memphis. Should you continue?

They beat the best AA team in State...........................................................................

..your point? Like Unreal said they only beat Fulton by 4? And you can say that a W is a W, but the way you talk you make it seem like Bearden is unstoppable and one of the best teams in the Nation so with your thinking a 4 point win over a "lesser" AA team is different from the best.

Yes you can continue.

Oh I forgot most of these Melrose who has arguably the best player in the state and he's only a sophmore!

no way Bearden beats 2 Memphis teams in the state, is likely what they will have to do in order to win the'shp'

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way Bearden beats 2 Memphis teams in the state, is likely what they will have to do in order to win the'shp'

Not only is likey...it is most definite. I have played in 2 state tournaments and have been to watch multiple others. I have seen White Station at the height of their reign as king of AAA. I have seen talented teams from Memphis play talented teams from the east and lose on several occasions. If you are a student of the game think back to the 97-98 season. White County beat what many people felt like was an overwhelmingly talented team in Pearl Cohn. PC had future Univ. of Tenn. stars Ron Slay and Jon Henderson, and a host of other college level athletes. White County had future Tenn. Tech. Univ. guard Brent Jolley and some other "nice" players. White County defeated PC in the semi's and went on to spank White Station in the finals. Not to mention in the sub state game they defeated a Cleveland team that had the #1 high school player in the country and future Univ. of Tenn. player Vincent Yarbrough. My point is that anytime you have a group of well coached, extremely talented, and determined players anything is possible. A team from Memphis is not guaranteed to take the title home. Remember that is why they play the game.

Not only is likey...it is most definite. I have played in 2 state tournaments and have been to watch multiple others. I have seen White Station at the height of their reign as king of AAA. I have seen talented teams from Memphis play talented teams from the east and lose on several occasions. If you are a student of the game think back to the 97-98 season. White County beat what many people felt like was an overwhelmingly talented team in Pearl Cohn. PC had future Univ. of Tenn. stars Ron Slay and Jon Henderson, and a host of other college level athletes. White County had future Tenn. Tech. Univ. guard Brent Jolley and some other "nice" players. White County defeated PC in the semi's and went on to spank White Station in the finals. Not to mention in the sub state game they defeated a Cleveland team that had the #1 high school player in the country and future Univ. of Tenn. player Vincent Yarbrough. My point is that anytime you have a group of well coached, extremely talented, and determined players anything is possible. A team from Memphis is not guaranteed to take the title home. Remember that is why they play the game.

I agree downtown but that White County had more than just Brent Jolley. I had the pleasure to watch them on several occasions and your right not as talented as the PC team they beat or the Columbia team they beat the same year but that WC team was alot more talented than this Bearden team and alot better coached as well. I do believe Bearden will make it to the boro. They are the best team in East Tennessee but they are not as talented than even the teams in middle tennessee and their coach is average at best. Yes he has won a lot of games but with some of the talent that comes through Bearden thats going to happen. Gotta win a Gold Ball before I would consider him a great coach

Good post downtown and we were trying to make the point that Bearden has as much of a chance to win state as any Memphis team and that Bearden is not the 100 percent Best Team in Tennessee and won't be able to prove fear's arrogant statements till the Boro assuming they get there.

The difference between you and I is that I don't get on here and bash other teams. The primary reason I don't, is because I haven't seen the teams in Memphis or Nashville play this year. I'm not gonna get on this board and talk bad about teams that I haven't seen play. I'm sure that most teams in Memphis are very very good....and I also know that Bearden is very very good as well. I have seen the Bulldogs play multiple times this season. I watched them play in the pretigous Arby's classic. They played 3 really really good teams (1st round against Sullivan East, doesn't count). They beat Monsignor Pace, the defending Florida class 6A champions, they played Miller Grove (whom has one of the top teams in GA) within 8 points, and then finished the tournament off by beating the defending Arby's Classic champions Briarcrest, led by UNC signee Leslie McDonald. I know just how good this Bearden team can be. Their bench goes 12 deep. Blevins substitution style, 5 in and 5 out, may puzzle alot of causal observers. However, this will be used to his advantage come tournament time, because his players will be fresh. Of course I'm not gonna get on here and say that Bearden is gonna win the State Title, because there is alot of basketball left to be played. What I will come on here and say is that they have a very good shot at the championship. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be ranked the #1 team in the state. BTW, JudyJoe, if you call me arrogant again, I will drop to a knee and CP you part na!!!!

Memphis area teams have 19 out of the last 30 state champions... That's pretty impressive...

This is the main reason why, myself included, many people do not see Bearden as winning the state championship... having to beat two Memphis teams in three games will be extremely tough... and if that indeed does happen, then they truely will be the best team in the state... Only time will tell...

from tssaa.org

2008 Ridgeway Class AAA (34-3) 68-56 Murfreesboro

2007 Maryville Class AAA (30-7) 69-66 (2OT) Murfreesboro

2006 Hamilton Class AAA (39-0) 76-75 (2OT) Murfreesboro

2005 Ridgeway Class AAA (34-5) 64-42 Murfreesboro

2004 White Station Class AAA (39-2) 82-71 Murfreesboro

2003 White Station Class AAA (36-2) 55-39 Murfreesboro

2002 White Station Class AAA (36-2) 59-45 Murfreesboro

2001 Bartlett Class AAA 45-41 Murfreesboro

2000 White Station Class AAA (34-4) 64-39 Murfreesboro

1999 White County Class AAA (25-2) 56-47 Murfreesboro

1998 White County Class AAA (34-2) 55-45 Murfreesboro

1997 Cleveland Class AAA (33-2) 87-79 Murfreesboro

1996 Memphis East Class AAA (29-7) 61-58 Murfreesboro

1995 Science Hill Class AAA (37-3) 77-56 Murfreesboro

1994 Science Hill Class AAA (37-2) 79-62 Murfreesboro

1993 Fairley Class AAA (37-1) 91-71 Murfreesboro

1992 Brainerd Class AAA (35-3) 68-51 Murfreesboro

1991 Hamilton Class AAA (25-7) 55-54 Murfreesboro

1990 Science Hill Class AAA (37-1) 69-52 Murfreesboro

1989 Franklin Class AAA (37-2) 43-42 Murfreesboro

1988 Brainerd Class AAA (35-6) 88-81 Nashville

1987 Christian Brothers Class AAA (32-5) 71-70 Nashville

1986 Westwood Class AAA (33-2) 60-59 Nashville

1985 Whitehaven Class AAA (34-1) 67-57 Nashville

1984 Brainerd Class AAA (27-5) 54-50 Nashville

1983 Melrose Class AAA (37-3) 63-47 Nashville

1982 Memphis Central Class AAA (30-6) 53-49 Nashville

1981 Nashville Pearl Class AAA (30-6) 64-53 Murfreesboro

1980 Memphis Northside Class AAA (33-7) 75-63 Murfreesboro

1979 Memphis Northside Class AAA (32-1) 97-59 Murfreesboro

1978 Melrose Class AAA (38-1) 62-49 Murfreesboro

By the way, if your counting these to see if you got 19 too... your a loser...

The difference between you and I is that I don't get on here and bash other teams. The primary reason I don't, is because I haven't seen the teams in Memphis or Nashville play this year. I'm not gonna get on this board and talk bad about teams that I haven't seen play. I'm sure that most teams in Memphis are very very good....and I also know that Bearden is very very good as well. I have seen the Bulldogs play multiple times this season. I watched them play in the pretigous Arby's classic. They played 3 really really good teams (1st round against Sullivan East, doesn't count). They beat Monsignor Pace, the defending Florida class 6A champions, they played Miller Grove (whom has one of the top teams in GA) within 8 points, and then finished the tournament off by beating the defending Arby's Classic champions Briarcrest, led by UNC signee Leslie McDonald. I know just how good this Bearden team can be. Their bench goes 12 deep. Blevins substitution style, 5 in and 5 out, may puzzle alot of causal observers. However, this will be used to his advantage come tournament time, because his players will be fresh. Of course I'm not gonna get on here and say that Bearden is gonna win the State Title, because there is alot of basketball left to be played. What I will come on here and say is that they have a very good shot at the championship. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be ranked the #1 team in the state. BTW, JudyJoe, if you call me arrogant again, I will drop to a knee and CP you part na!!!!

Should you be threatening anyone since your a assitant coach for Bearden? That wouldnt be showing class would it? No chance for Bearden.

Should you be threatening anyone since your a assitant coach for Bearden? That wouldnt be showing class would it? No chance for Bearden.

Assistant Coach from Bearen.....Good Try Sherlock!!!!!

veer, when did you get an assistant coaching job at bearden? guess we havent hung out since last week...my how things change! congrats!

Jimmy....did you not hear the news. Because I know information about a team, I guess that makes me an honarary assistant coach...too bad I don't get the coaches stipend

Assistant Coach from Bearen.....Good Try Sherlock!!!!!

Jimmy....did you not hear the news. Because I know information about a team, I guess that makes me an honarary assistant coach...too bad I don't get the coaches stipend

Are you above or below Mitch Carter on the Blevins totem pole. Don't spend all that stipend in one place. Is it part of Obama's stimulus package? These new jobs will stimulate the economy! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />