District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember i think 2 years ago... ron johnson from crockett county' s senior year and justin blake's junior. everyone knew one of those 2 deserved district mvp. but neither one of them got it. instead some hunt guy from milan got it and that really upset me. he was no comparison to those other 2 players... and i know we all remember that double ot game between dc and crockett at gc... one of the best i've ever seen! well anyways back to my point that i'm sure the crockett county people didnt vote for blake and the dc people didnt vote for johnson so u end up with a messed up result. this is the same case this year and i imagine will continue to be the case in the future unfortunately...

It's comical to think that a coach would not vote for another player because they didn't want the kid to get the award. If my player was as good as Johnson or Blake that year I would vote for my own player. No way I'm votin for the other kid. Now if it was obvious that a player on my team wasn't even as close as another then no I would vote for the best player. Coaches see their players everyday and they know how much work they put in. Somebody had to vote for Hunt. My senior year Tony Lambert shared 13AA MVP honors with Covington's big post player Jeremy Edwards. No way he did more for his team than Tony did for ours, but other coaches felt that he did just as much. Edwards had a tough night when he played us at our place, 12 pts mostly garbage stuff and only a few boards. Other people he dominated so the coaches voted that way. Tony put up points and snagged boards on everybody we played. If we scored 48 as a team he would have 30 of those. It matters on which kids make impressions on opposing coaches, and they look at stats too. Trust me when looking at the rosters to vote a coach has said, "That kid has got some good numbers but he didn't do anything against us." Then the probably didn't vote for them. I could have told you when CJ was in 8th grade he would win district MVP his senior year and might have a chance his junior year. These awards are little to nothing in a good program if a team is good as DC has been the past 3 years then the gold ball is what these kids have their eye on. Other kids from Milan, OC, GC etc... might be lookin' at the individual awards.

I agree when someone said they will lose more this season than they did last. CJ and Rex are hard to replace and they will lose 2 posts in Kurt and John(Rodeo)

It's comical to think that a coach would not vote for another player because they didn't want the kid to get the award. If my player was as good as Johnson or Blake that year I would vote for my own player. No way I'm votin for the other kid. Now if it was obvious that a player on my team wasn't even as close as another then no I would vote for the best player. Coaches see their players everyday and they know how much work they put in. Somebody had to vote for Hunt. My senior year Tony Lambert shared 13AA MVP honors with Covington's big post player Jeremy Edwards. No way he did more for his team than Tony did for ours, but other coaches felt that he did just as much. Edwards had a tough night when he played us at our place, 12 pts mostly garbage stuff and only a few boards. Other people he dominated so the coaches voted that way. Tony put up points and snagged boards on everybody we played. If we scored 48 as a team he would have 30 of those. It matters on which kids make impressions on opposing coaches, and they look at stats too. Trust me when looking at the rosters to vote a coach has said, "That kid has got some good numbers but he didn't do anything against us." Then the probably didn't vote for them. I could have told you when CJ was in 8th grade he would win district MVP his senior year and might have a chance his junior year. These awards are little to nothing in a good program if a team is good as DC has been the past 3 years then the gold ball is what these kids have their eye on. Other kids from Milan, OC, GC etc... might be lookin' at the individual awards.

I agree when someone said they will lose more this season than they did last. CJ and Rex are hard to replace and they will lose 2 posts in Kurt and John(Rodeo)

the way you vote is you have 1 -15 and you place the names of the kids on a list with 15 being the best and 1 being the lowest (what ever place equals how many points you recieve).... Whoever gets the most total points is MVP. So you had no choice but to place blake and johnson on the list... the question is where on the list and NOBODY can deny that they were the top 2 players... PERIOD! but as stated b/f the two coaches canceled each other out by trying to use strategy instead of just listing the best players. once again... I know what i'm talking about 100% on this issue.

oh yeah, tony is over here right now!!!!!!!!!! hes getting married this weekend if you didnt know since yall played together thought you may want to know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just showed him this post and he said he is still ticked off /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> about sharing that MVP! "man i gave them buckets!!! put up some big stats." he told me to post this! we had a good laugh! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dude. Chill. If you read the post b4 you then you would know I was referring to the username "unknown". BTW, I wear my initials in my username as well.

ok is this myspace or something u want my phone number to ?? i use the username unknown

because u dc fans cant see me and wow my initials are jqs a gc fan for boys and girls every since

i was in the 3rd grade

I am so glad this is our last year in 13AA. The 13AA coaches need to do away with the all district awards and Coach of the Year award, because it's all bogus. If you are not going to give the awards to the ones who deserve them, then what is the point. Coach McCord has had an impressive 3 year record of 93 wins and 10 losses, and the other coaches don't have the courage to give him at least one award in three years. Westview gets 4 awards to our 3, after we beat them 4 times. Come on people this is not fair. This just didn't happen last night, it's been going on for years. Coach Hopkins didn't get any awards either, and he has had some great teams. So you have got to see the frustration has been building for years. DC fans are fed-up with 13AA coaches and there buddy system. It is a joke and a disgrace to District 13AA.

I never hear how many players off Dyersburg are former DC players or came out of the county system. Decker is a great coach, but she did try to stop the Dyersburg-DC series so she wouldn' lose. McCord didn't win COY because of jealousy. Coaches don't want to look bad and McCord has made all of them look like jv coaches by turning the DC program around.

That's funny, if she didn't want to play DC anymore, don't you think the two teams wouldn't be scheduled for next year???

plain and simple we already know the other coaches dont like McCord oh well... this award shouldn't be voted on by the coaches but by the stats through out the year!!

There is a HUGE difference in stats and coaching.

The stats are used to pick MVP and all-tournament/district team.

The conduct of a coach and how well the team performs with the talent they have is what determines coach of the year. That's why Coach Decker should have won COY.

May have misunderstood your post. You know after awhile of dodging bullets from every direction, you don`t know who to start firing back at.

That's fine. I think you might have, or maybe I wasn't clear enough. Fact is, it wasn't all Dyer Co. fans that acted out Monday night. There were fans from all four schools that were out of line. So one can't single out the Choctaws. Then again, it wasn't ALL of the fans from each school, so again you can't single out a particular following.

I admire Dyer Co. fans for sticking up for Coach McCord. But I think he would say that they took home the most important award, a district championship.

That's fine. I think you might have, or maybe I wasn't clear enough. Fact is, it wasn't all Dyer Co. fans that acted out Monday night. There were fans from all four schools that were out of line. So one can't single out the Choctaws. Then again, it wasn't ALL of the fans from each school, so again you can't single out a particular following.

I admire Dyer Co. fans for sticking up for Coach McCord. But I think he would say that they took home the most important award, a district championship.

McCord isn't crying over not getting an award...at all. His concern is not for himself but the kids who play for him....he thought Hudson and Janes should have been on all district team and that is no secret. We leave 13AA having won the championship 3 years in a row....that speaks for itself.

the whole point of having a student section and fan base is to get under the skin of the players coaches and the apposing fans... No harm done right? Sportsman ship, class, or whatever you want to call it all fans and student sections do the same thing but the others just chant back

the whole point of having a cheering section and fan base is to support your team.

FOR THE LAST darn TIME PEOPLE, NOBODY BOOED HASKINS. THEY WERE BOOING BECAUSE THEY FELT MCCORD GOT CHEATED. Everyone tries to turn the tables and blame it all on DC when the truth of the matter is you all are the ones acting childish.

Our fan base at least doubles everyone elses and in some cases like last night even more so. You ppl hate DC because we have dominated the last 10 years. It shows each and every time some of you post that you`re eaten with jealousy and envy. You hate our fans because we show more support than any team around. GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE. Do you really think as much shat that is posted on here about violations that TSSAA wouldn`t have looked into it by now. GIVE IT UP ! Maybe they could start a sport called "Bashing DC" then all of you would go home with a gold ball !

Our kids look at us and see that we are proud of them and are defending them by what is said on this board and by the support at the games. Wonder what all of your kids think?

If McCord got it, and Westview fans boed . . . omg . . . we would be hearing about it for a year.

DC fans still talk about how Dyersburg cheered when they announced the OC-DC game results.