Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

Great hire for Oak Ridge and yes he does run the spread. I am happy about this one.

That means that the new district 3 will have several teams that will run some version of the spread offense:

Oak Ridge, Powell, Clinton, Karns are four that come to mind off the top of my head.

I never got a chance to see Hardin Valley's JV or freshmen play in the fall. I'm not sure what kind of offense they ran.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the hire. Blade does run the spread. Question being is can OR NOW supply the athletes that Blade is use to and had at Hillsboro during his tenure? For some reason OR doesn't have the shear number of athletes that they once produced. I think Bladerunner spends too much time jacking his jaw with shear idiocies on sports talk shows and less on recruiting. Time to pick it up Rebelrunner.....umm...bladerunner.

Congrats on the hire. Blade does run the spread. Question being is can OR NOW supply the athletes that Blade is use to and had at Hillsboro during his tenure? For some reason OR doesn't have the shear number of athletes that they once produced. I think Bladerunner spends too much time jacking his jaw with shear idiocies on sports talk shows and less on recruiting. Time to pick it up Rebelrunner.....umm...bladerunner.

I'll tell you something right now about Blade. If he has a team full of guys who are blue-collar workers and will work together, the man can win football games. I hope for his sake that is the case at Oak Ridge. Good luck to Blade and Oak Ridge!

Wow.

Nice hire.

Didn't think he'd take it.

Can't wait to hear the specifics, mainly coaching staffs.

I'm not really all that surprised that Blade took it. Better community support than HHS. Myers (O-line) has already taken the HC position at Springfield and I highly doubt anyone else from HHS's current staff will be moving to East TN. Blade is back to square one like he was at HHS in 2006 with a brand new coaching staff.

I'm not really all that surprised that Blade took it. Better community support than HHS. Myers (O-line) has already taken the HC position at Springfield and I highly doubt anyone else from HHS's current staff will be moving to East TN. Blade is back to square one like he was at HHS in 2006 with a brand new coaching staff.

Not knowing Hillsboro history very well, please clear up that last sentence for me. So, he came in from California and put together a NEW staff? Coach A take everyone? Then went 14-1, only losing to Maryville for the title. Impressive.

Not knowing Hillsboro history very well, please clear up that last sentence for me. So, he came in from California and put together a NEW staff? Coach A take everyone? Then went 14-1, only losing to Maryville for the title. Impressive.

My understanding is he did it by going straight from the wing t (old coach) to the spread which is what he runs. The man can coach that is for sure.

Congratulations OR! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now if we at R'dale could just send the wingT and their old coach back to Hillsboro we might see some good games again against each other. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I give you credit, you never let a chance go by. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My understanding is he did it by going straight from the wing t (old coach) to the spread which is what he runs. The man can coach that is for sure.

I give you credit, you never let a chance go by. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

NO, The man had some very ,very good players and you better have some too. He can coach,so can some others, but he alone will not be the answer. He was not good enough to get the Ravenwood job.

Now that the decision has finally been made, what will the community do to help bring back the program?

I challenge every Oak Ridge local reading this to make a big effort to get as many high school, middle school, and Boy's Club players to the Wildcat Arena tomorrow evening (5:30 to 7:00) for the new coach's reception. Show the kids and the community that there is something special about being a Wildcat. Call your friends, spread the word, help get the kids a ride. Show Coach Blade that we are behind him.

Do we really want to do whatever we can to help or do we just want to talk about it?

Congratulations OR! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now if we at R'dale could just send the wingT and their old coach back to Hillsboro we might see some good games again against each other. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ya'll wanted him and he wanted ya'll. HHS hired someone from another state and did alright. Surely, Riverdale could do it too if and when Aydelott leaves.

All of Aydelott's assistants left when he did, but only one actually went with Aydelott to Riverdale. All of Blade's assistants were first year at HHS in 2006.

I apologize to Mullins and give great credit to the search committee. They did a great job and it was worth the wait. I was totally wrong, but now very excited. I have to go now and eat my crow dinner.

Ole Dad

Now that the decision has finally been made, what will the community do to help bring back the program?

I challenge every Oak Ridge local reading this to make a big effort to get as many high school, middle school, and Boy's Club players to the Wildcat Arena tomorrow evening (5:30 to 7:00) for the new coach's reception. Show the kids and the community that there is something special about being a Wildcat. Call your friends, spread the word, help get the kids a ride. Show Coach Blade that we are behind him.

Do we really want to do whatever we can to help or do we just want to talk about it?