DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

Adsmom how are the players from last year doing? I remember 2 or 3 playing in the all star game in Jackson, but I haven't heard anything else...

even though im not adsmom i am a student @ dc and i talk to all of them everyonce and a while.

justin blake redshirted @ austin peay, and jeremy kimble/deangelo parr are on the team@ dyersburg state but have to get there grades up to play i believe. dejuan taylor is playing some at dyersburg state.

zack dawson isnt playing college ball but he is at mtsu, and i have no idea about kimm harston.

hudson and yarbrough may be the best 2 to ever come out of Dyer County when they get through.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m not taking anything away from Prather or his teammates. I`ve already said he looks to be the real deal and say it again. You don`t post that kind of average and have the majors scouting you for no reason. DC ran a gameplan to get him in foul trouble. Several of us talked about on this board b4 the game. When he was out DC took advantage of it. After all that was the plan. In the 4th he came alive with 16pts. and several rebounds, but just keep in mind thats when the tables had turned. DC had starters fouled out and except for CJ every other DC player was in deep foul trouble therefore slowing down the defensive efforts leaving the lanes open, which is where the majority of their 4th quarter pts came from. It affected DC`s game in the 4th just as it did for NS while Prather was on the bench. I personally thought there were some terrible calls made both ways, so that can`t be figured into the results.

I`m not taking anything away from Prather or his teammates. I`ve already said he looks to be the real deal and say it again. You don`t post that kind of average and have the majors scouting you for no reason. DC ran a gameplan to get him in foul trouble. Several of us talked about on this board b4 the game. When he was out DC took advantage of it. After all that was the plan. In the 4th he came alive with 16pts. and several rebounds, but just keep in mind thats when the tables had turned. DC had starters fouled out and except for CJ every other DC player was in deep foul trouble therefore slowing down the defensive efforts leaving the lanes open, which is where the majority of their 4th quarter pts came from. It affected DC`s game in the 4th just as it did for NS while Prather was on the bench. I personally thought there were some terrible calls made both ways, so that can`t be figured into the results.

This would be true....McCord and the other coaches prepared very well for this game....very well.

You know I don't know....I know he plays baseball also and plays on a travel team. Someone on here should know...wish you could have seen the game. Been talking these kids up to yankees all season....glad he got a chance to see them.

And you were right on the money to. I'm so glad I got a chance to see last nights game. Thats the kind of games that I like to go to.

I didn't say HEAD COACH, I said coaching staff. Granted I think McCord is great, but I don't think any coach has the support he has from his assistants. I also doubt you'll find a coaching staff that as a unit watches as much film and studies the game as much as DC's coaching staff. Give McCord a decade in TN and then you can compare according to state titles. He has almost 100 wins in just three seasons, that's amazing. No, he is not the only one to do it in West TN, but it is still an amazing feat.

Doesn't one of em (or both?) coach Middle School? You'd think with all that talent at DC, their MS team should be winning TNT state championships. How does Newbern do in Middle School tourneys since those assistants are the best in West TN and they coach middle school???

No offense...DC AAU team ain't gonna cut it (never heard of them)....Hudson needs to be on a top notch AAU team that plays a national schedule and one that hits two or three NCAA sanctioned events. I'm pretty sure he will to. He has the chance to be that good. He needs to be going up against the nations best at his age group. So does Yarbrough.

hudson and yarbrough may be the best 2 to ever come out of Dyer County when they get through.

Jerry Powell, Brian Fisk, CJ's brother (i forgot his name) - those two above are good, but they wouldn't ever start in the backcourt on the team that contained those three players early this decade so i don't know how they can be the best ever

you are in high school so you don't really understand how good those three were , just ask somebody they'll tell you

they used to whip us every time (except once in district tourney) and we were REAL good back then, much better than we are now

no offense, i hope DC represents our district well at state but DC is not as good now as they were early this decade (and that was even a homegrown team)

it seems that everyone glorifies the here and now and quickly forgets the past

Jerry Powell, Brian Fisk, CJ's brother (i forgot his name) - those two above are good, but they wouldn't ever start in the backcourt on the team that contained those three players early this decade so i don't know how they can be the best ever

you are in high school so you don't really understand how good those three were , just ask somebody they'll tell you

they used to whip us every time (except once in district tourney) and we were REAL good back then, much better than we are now

no offense, i hope DC represents our district well at state but DC is not as good now as they were early this decade (and that was even a homegrown team)

Yarbrough and Hudson WILL be 2 of the best that have ever played at DC....bottom line.

Your annoying and often uneducated posts about Dyer County are getting really old.

CJ is a better player than his brother. He may not be able to shoot as well, but with Jon Morris, Cyrus, Brian, and Perry (Not Jerry), he wouldn't have too. While Perry Powell was IMO the best, I think that John and Fred have the potential of being two of the greatest.