Austin East is Fully Reloaded

I think A-E handles Carter, Brainerd, Union County, Piegeon Forge, and Gibbs without breaking a sweat

Morristown East and Gatlinburg Pittman could go either way

Ooltewah, Fulton, Catholic will beat the daylight out of A-E

Should they play Alcoa in the playoffs, Alcoa will wipe the field with them.

My pre-season pick for A-E: 6 wins, 4 losses regular season. Playoffs end with Alcoa whether that is week one, two, or three I don't know.

Sat Aug. 22 at Morristown East

Fri Aug. 28 at Ooltewah

Fri Sep. 4 Fulton D

Fri Sep. 11 at Knoxville Catholic

Fri Sep. 18 at Carter D

Fri Sep. 25 Brainerd

Fri Oct. 9 at Union Co. D

Fri Oct. 16 at Gatlinburg-Pittman D

Fri Oct. 23 Pigeon Forge D

Fri Oct. 30 Gibbs D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think A-E handles Carter, Brainerd, Union County, Piegeon Forge, and Gibbs without breaking a sweat

My pre-season pick for A-E: 6 wins, 4 losses regular season. Playoffs end with Alcoa whether that is week one, two, or three I don't know.

Sat Aug. 22 at Morristown East

Fri Aug. 28 at Ooltewah

Fri Sep. 4 Fulton D

Fri Sep. 11 at Knoxville Catholic

Fri Sep. 18 at Carter D

Fri Sep. 25 Brainerd

Fri Oct. 9 at Union Co. D

Fri Oct. 16 at Gatlinburg-Pittman D

Fri Oct. 23 Pigeon Forge D

Fri Oct. 30 Gibbs D

You've got your opinion and I've got mine, but nobody is going to "beat the daylight" or "wipe the field" with Austin-East. They can play with all of their 2009 opponents. I'd be willing to bet that most of the Alcoa faithful doesn't expect to "wipe the field" with Austin-East. I know Fulton doesn't expect to "beat the daylight" out of Austin-East; they are always in for a fight, and vise versa. I encourage you to watch an Austin-East football game live, and see if you have the same opinion. You should check us out Saturday after the CAK/Grace game. If you come early, you can check out Fulton too.

And one more thing Govolsknox. This is what you said on the ~Carter Green Hornets 2009~ topic...

As a CAK fan, I'm looking forward to facing Carter's outstanding program in a "real game" this year. I enjoyed the 7 on 7 last year. Good luck this season!

If Carter has such an "outstanding program," how can Austin-East "handle Carter... without breaking a sweat?" I don't understand how you can give Carter praise in one topic, then disrespect them in another topic. I also have a problem with your use of the phrase "outstanding program." No disrespect to Carter, but their "outstanding [football] program" hasn't done anything in playoff football. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Carter has three playoff wins in school history. They have never won a second round playoff game. If this is an "outstanding program," what does the other end of the spectrum look like?

I understand trying to be a good sportsman and giving respect to an opponent, but you have to be consistent.

Since I'm talking about Carter, I'm going to post this in both topics.

To say Fulton and Catholic will beat the daylight out of AE is ludicrous. Come on now if I'm not mistaken, AE wiped the field with Fulton last year and AE didn't lose much so what you saying.. Catholic, well they have a new coach this year and AE played them close in the regular season game last year so again I'm saying WHAT YOU SAYING?

I'm sticking with 8-2 but i'm liking my 9-1 though.

To say Fulton and Catholic will beat the daylight out of AE is ludicrous. Come on now if I'm not mistaken, AE wiped the field with Fulton last year and AE didn't lose much so what you saying.. Catholic, well they have a new coach this year and AE played them close in the regular season game last year so again I'm saying WHAT YOU SAYING?

I will go with undefeated!

What about the Morristown East vs AE match-up in week zero, on the Turf in Mo-town?

Morristown East has some really good size on the o-line & great speed in the backfield.

I know AE has speed, what about their size up-front? It will take about a Quarter for AE

to adjust to the Turf. Our turf is great but, it can be a little bounces.

Have a safe trip up. Go Canes!

What about the Morristown East vs AE match-up in week zero, on the Turf in Mo-town?

Morristown East has some really good size on the o-line & great speed in the backfield.

I know AE has speed, what about their size up-front? It will take about a Quarter for AE

AE players ,and fans ,please take it one game at a time. I ,don't think anybody needs to look ahead.

Question: Did Fulton have to "adjust to the Turf" in 2007?

Austin-East is not very big up front, but they have some strength, speed, and toughness on OL and DL. As far as speed goes, teams are typically not used to seeing Austin-East's team speed. A lot of teams have some fast players, but Austin-East has good team speed. Also, Austin-East usually starts the season slow... hopefully this year will be different.