Austin East is Fully Reloaded

Question: Did Fulton have to "adjust to the Turf" in 2007?

Austin-East is not very big up front, but they have some strength, speed, and toughness on OL and DL. As far as speed goes, teams are typically not used to seeing Austin-East's team speed. A lot of teams have some fast players, but Austin-East has good team speed. Also, Austin-East usually starts the season slow... hopefully this year will be different.

Fulton came to Mo-Town in 2006 & had their way with Morristown East. East,s had alot of young guys playing

that year. In 2007 we played at Fulton, very talented team with alot of young players. We held out 3 of our

best players, to make sure they were 100% for Morristown West game following week. T-howell is our best

player, we really missed him in that game. Our center didn't play either, I think we fumble 6 times had a punt

blocked & had 1 fumble took back for a score. I am not taking anything away from Fulton, they made the breaks.

I think it rain that night, both teams had trouble with the wet ball. We match-up speed & had more size than

Fulton last year. It sad we couldn't put our best players on the field that night. Fulton still could have won,

but I like East chances with T- Howell & our center playing.

As far as Austin-East goes, you maybe right about East's not seeing that kind of speed.(Fulton 2006 was do much)

Morristown East Runs the same offense as Catholic, with more speed in the backfield. If our Offensive line can

make some holes, Morristown East will have a chance. Go Canes!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton came to Mo-Town in 2006 & had their way with Morristown East. East,s had alot of young guys playing

that year. In 2007 we played at Fulton, very talented team with alot of young players. We held out 3 of our

best players, to make sure they were 100% for Morristown West game following week. T-howell is our best

player, we really missed him in that game. Our center didn't play either, I think we fumble 6 times had a punt

blocked & had 1 fumble took back for a score. I am not taking anything away from Fulton, they made the breaks.

I think it rain that night, both teams had trouble with the wet ball. We match-up speed & had more size than

Fulton last year. It sad we couldn't put our best players on the field that night. Fulton still could have won,

but I like East chances with T- Howell & our center playing.

As far as Austin-East goes, you maybe right about East's not seeing that kind of speed.(Fulton 2006 was do much)

Morristown East Runs the same offense as Catholic, with more speed in the backfield. If our Offensive line can

make some holes, Morristown East will have a chance. Go Canes!

You played Fulton at home in 2007, and you played at Fulton last season (2008). My point was that the turf is not going to cause a slow start. Austin-East may have a slow start because they usually don't play well the first couple of games of the season, but not because of the turf.

More speed than Catholic in the backfield? Cozart (4.46) and Howanitz from Catholic have good speed.

I'm looking forward to August 22nd.

You played Fulton at home in 2007, and you played at Fulton last season (2008). My point was that the turf is not going to cause a slow start. Austin-East may have a slow start because they usually don't play well the first couple of games of the season, but not because of the turf.

More speed than Catholic in the backfield? Cozart (4.46) and Howanitz from Catholic have good speed.

I'm looking forward to August 22nd.

My bag, you are right, 2007 was home & 2008 was at Fulton. I didn't realize Cozart was that fast, he looked

like a 4.6 guy when they played Morristown West. I think T-Howell has better moves than Cozart & and

he is alot quicker coming out of the gate. If Cozart runs a 4.4 he alittle faster than T-Howell.

This is a good non- conf game, win or lose, it will make us better.

My bag, you are right, 2007 was home & 2008 was at Fulton. I didn't realize Cozart was that fast, he looked

like a 4.6 guy when they played Morristown West. I think T-Howell has better moves than Cozart & and

he is alot quicker coming out of the gate. If Cozart runs a 4.4 he alittle faster than T-Howell.

This is a good non- conf game, win or lose, it will make us better.

It should be a good match-up... and an exciting night of double header football.

You've got your opinion and I've got mine, but nobody is going to "beat the daylight" or "wipe the field" with Austin-East. They can play with all of their 2009 opponents. I'd be willing to bet that most of the Alcoa faithful doesn't expect to "wipe the field" with Austin-East. I know Fulton doesn't expect to "beat the daylight" out of Austin-East; they are always in for a fight, and vise versa. I encourage you to watch an Austin-East football game live, and see if you have the same opinion. You should check us out Saturday after the CAK/Grace game. If you come early, you can check out Fulton too.

Nope most of the Alcoa faithful expect to beat A-E by atleast 30. That should be a great game for A-E if they can keep it with in 30.

Nope most of the Alcoa faithful expect to beat A-E by atleast 30. That should be a great game for A-E if they can keep it with in 30.

Hahaha you're cracking me up mane... You better tell your boys at Alcoa its a new year and new teams coming for them this year... No more easy victories...

Let's GO AE!

AE had one of the best Freshman classes ever last year, but Alcoa has had several of those. I think this years Alcoa Freshman class might be one of the best and most athletic teams ever to come through Alcoa. Alcoa by 30. Plus Alcoa out coaches the RoadRunners by 90 points, but the Alcoa staff has much more class than that and decides not play the athletes, but puts in Two kids with Down's, two of the managers, all the waterboys, three cheerleaders, the tuba player and three flag girls from the band.

And one more thing Govolsknox. This is what you said on the ~Carter Green Hornets 2009~ topic...

If Carter has such an "outstanding program," how can Austin-East "handle Carter... without breaking a sweat?" I don't understand how you can give Carter praise in one topic, then disrespect them in another topic. I also have a problem with your use of the phrase "outstanding program." No disrespect to Carter, but their "outstanding [football] program" hasn't done anything in playoff football. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Carter has three playoff wins in school history. They have never won a second round playoff game. If this is an "outstanding program," what does the other end of the spectrum look like?

I understand trying to be a good sportsman and giving respect to an opponent, but you have to be consistent.

Since I'm talking about Carter, I'm going to post this in both topics.

Sorry Columbia, I've been away from the boards more and just caught up with your post. To answer your question, Carter has had an outstanding program with respect to being at the top of the region for several years, but has not had the horses IMO to compete with playoff caliber teams from other regions. I would compare this to Pigeon Forge, Gat Pit, etc. That region has had the exact same issue IMHO. Even still, I would say IMO, " Gatlinburg Pit has an outstanding program," even if they are not on par with some of the teams they will face in the playoffs. I would rank GP ahead of Carter in my simple minded opinion. I would expect (at this point at least) that Carter will not match up with AE very well, but that GP may match up a bit better and give them a game. On the other hand, I think CAK will have their hands full with Carter this year. Of course, all my opinions may change after a couple of games! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Now, while I expect Carter to have a competitive team again this year, I expect Austin East to be at an entirely different level. I also expect Alcoa to be at an entirely different level than AE. I could be wrong of course, this is just a preseason opinion, but for now I'm sticking with it because I think I'm right. Time will tell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />