Austin East is Fully Reloaded

Mr. Turtle I am not here to debate or argue, nor was I comparing the two. I was only making an observation. It appears to me that you have been the most vocal on this message board when it comes to A.E. athletics. When people want to know about A.E. football, they look to see how you are going to respond. I often look to your post not only for information, but also entertainment. So I was only curious as to why you never respond to comments made about Hawkins. Do you have to come through the ranks of the Baby Roadrunner program to be worthy of your "props"? Nevertheless, we are on the same team. When I cheer, it is not for some, but for all. Regardless of where they played prior to coming to Austin East. I think that this is going to be an exciting football season. BEEP BEEP!

Hahahaha, now my peeps know at AE I cheer for them all. I don't hate on none of the Roadrunners. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this coming season.. Last year ended on a sour note but I know the Runners are ready to get that bad taste out of their mouths. And 10aclady No you don't have to go through the Baby Roadrunners organization to get my props however, when you go through a little league program of the high school you're going to attend many of the coaches will find out who you are or what you can do earlier.

Void70- who is ooltewah? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nah, I'm just messing but only time will tell how AE will fare against the Owls. Just be ready for a lot of speed coming from AE...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never accusing you of hating on anyone. We are talking about kids, so that never entered my mind. Last year did end on a sour note, and I am sure that the Runners will get that bad taste out of their mouths. As for the Baby Runner program, when i moved to Knoxville, I took my son to play on one of the teams, and I found it to be one of the most ill ran programs I have ever seen. The equipment was outdated, poorly sanitized, and absolutely nothing was organized. I also feel that sportmanship should start with the coaches, however I heard coaches using profanity with very young players. I also overheard coaches talking about other coaches and Graham. The numbers were also really low for a program that is expected to be a feeder into the high school program. When I asked people that had kids my sons age where their children were playing, they mentioned teams way across town, and used the reasons I pulled my son to explain their decision to not allow their kids to play for the Baby Runner organization. These were people that live in the community and graduated from Austin East. Not all of the coaches were awful, but those that weren't were in the minority. So that "when you go through a little league program of the high school you're going to attend many of the coaches will find out who you are or what you can do earlier" explanation really isn't fair, because the truth of the matter is, if I was to take a poll of how many of the young men that play for Austin East played for the Baby Roadrunners, I would probably find those numbers to be very low; but who knows, maybe I am wrong. I just wish them all well and is looking forward to this season.

Hahahaha, now my peeps know at AE I cheer for them all. I don't hate on non of the Roadrunners. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this coming season.. Last year ended on a sour note but I know the Runners are ready to get that bad taste out of their mouths. And 10aclady No you don't have to go through the Baby Roadrunners organization to get my props however, when you go through a little league program of the high school you're going to attend many of the coaches will find out who you are or what you can do earlier.

Void70- who is ooltewah? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nah, I'm just messing but only time will tell how AE will fare against the Owls. Just be ready for a lot of speed coming from AE...

As for the Baby Runner program, when i moved to Knoxville, I took my son to play on one of the teams, and I found it to be one of the most ill ran programs I have ever seen. The equipment was outdated, poorly sanitized, and absolutely nothing was organized. I also feel that sportmanship should start with the coaches, however I heard coaches using profanity with very young players. I also overheard coaches talking about other coaches and Graham. When I asked people that had kids my sons age where their children were playing, they mentioned teams way across town, and used the reasons I pulled my son to explain their decision to not allow their kids to play for the Baby Runner organization. These were people that live in the community and graduated from Austin East.

because the truth of the matter is, if I was to take a poll of how many of the young men that play for Austin East played for the Baby Roadrunners, I would probably find those numbers to be very low; but who knows, maybe I am wrong. I just wish them all well and is looking forward to this season.

Well, I can't get on here and take up for the Baby Roadrunners program because most of the things you mention are so true.. However, if more Alumni's of AE and the Baby Roadrunners would give back to the programs then they could get new things. I mean, I know some of the equipment is outdated but they do get new equipment every year.

Coaches cussing: Well that can be said about every coach in Knoxville. You may not hear it but I'm sure they'll let one or two words slip.

The Poll: There's a lot of players that has played in the BRO but left. If you meaning which players stayed with the program throughout their little league careers then of course it'll be at an all time low......

But enough of that let's stick to the 2009 AE team. I mean we can go on for days about its little league team the PROS and CONS of it but we're not.. I'm sticking with 2009 AE team

BEEP BEEP! I am waving the white flag!

Well, I can't get on here and take up for the Baby Roadrunners program because most of the things you mention are so true.. However, if more Alumni's of AE and the Baby Roadrunners would give back to the programs then they could get new things. I mean, I know some of the equipment is outdated but they do get new equipment every year.

Coaches cussing: Well that can be said about every coach in Knoxville. You may not hear it but I'm sure they'll let one or two words slip.

The Poll: There's a lot of players that has played in the BRO but left. If you meaning which players stayed with the program throughout their little league careers then of course it'll be at an all time low......

But enough of that let's stick to the 2009 AE team. I mean we can go on for days about its little league team the PROS and CONS of it but we're not.. I'm sticking with 2009 AE team

• 1 month later...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My favorite TURTLE of all times but i believe your BEEP BEEPS are still a year away they have a lot of youth this coming year only time will tell, but they will still be 1 or 2 in the district, which should propel them forward in the playoffs, so good luck my friend.

i wish we played pigeon forge and carter every year.

Boy you don't know much about AE do you? Due to the new Classification they picked up these two teams. So explain to me where you getting that, "I wish we played PF and Carter every year" from? Come on now, I'm glad Carter is in the district now, now they have to battle night in and night out instead of just one night to win the district.

2009 AE's Schedule

Sat Aug. 22 at Morristown East

Fri Aug. 28 at Ooltewah

Fri Sep. 4 Fulton D

Fri Sep. 11 at Knoxville Catholic

Fri Sep. 18 at Carter D

Fri Sep. 25 Brainerd

Fri Oct. 9 at Union Co. D

Fri Oct. 16 at Gatlinburg-Pittman D

Fri Oct. 23 Pigeon Forge D

Fri Oct. 30 Gibbs D

By the way, I don't see a weak opponent on here. 8-2 is what I'm thinking.

a-e should have a good season,weaker schedule.

Austin-East would have a good season regardless of the schedule.

Let's talk about weak schedule...

Kingston dropped Catholic, Anderson County, Fulton, Austin-East, Livingston Academy and Oliver springs.

Kingston picked up Alcoa, CAK, Loudon, McMinn Central, Lenior City, and Cumberland County.

I'd say Kingston's schedule is weaker... they don't play the 3 teams that gave them their 4 losses from last year.

Austin-East dropped Webb, Anderson Co., Kingston, Scott, Livingston Academy, and Stone Memorial.

Austin-East picked up Ooltewah, Morristown East, Gatlinburg Pittman, Gibbs, Union County, and Pigeon Forge.

If Austin-East's schedule is weaker, it's not by much. We still play the team that gave us 2 out of 3 of our losses... and you add to that one of the best teams in 6A.

Just because we don't get the opportunity to give Kingston two losses this year doesn't mean that our schedule is weaker.