How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

Can any give me a scouting report on their starters and bench warmers. Since the mood is calm /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I would like to get some actual analysts about these players and yes I know they have 5 legit D1 players(no need to include that tid bit), but I would like to learn a little more about the team and I can provide some info on White Station and Raleigh as well /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any give me a scouting report on their starters and bench warmers. Since the mood is calm /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I would like to get some actual analysts about these players and yes I know they have 5 legit D1 players(no need to include that tid bit), but I would like to learn a little more about the team and I can provide some info on White Station and Raleigh as well /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Bearden has different starters every game i feel like lol. Im not sure who they all are, but i know they usually mix about 3 sophomores and 2 seniors. or 3 seniors and 2 sophomores

Feartheveel enlighten us im sure you know hah

Bearden has started many rotations this year, but here is a brief summary

PG: Dione Fair 5'8 So. Very quick and shoots the 3 ball well,

SG: Gabe Campbell 6'4 Sr Lefty who can penetrate and has a great pull up jumper

SF: Nathan Parker 6'5 Sr Most athletic player on team, best D1 prospect on the team (IMO). Can leap out the building and is a slasher

PF: Blake Jenkins 6'7 Sr Great on ball defender, great leaper, slasher

C: Demonte Simpson 6'9 Sr force down low, very physical and excellent shot blocker

Ghost Squad

4 Sophmores and 1 Senior. All very quick and all can shoot the ball very well.

The key to Bearden winning is their depth. They will press you the entire game and not wear out. Their press will force numerous turnovers which will lead to transistion baskets. Rarely will play any zone defense, will guard you as Bill Rafferty says, "Man to Man" most all game long.

The description above, probably is almost identical to both RE and White Station. If any 3 of these teams face each other, it will come down to athletisim, coaching and FT throw shooting (gotta work on that one AE...sorry Turtle, I just had to go there).

All in all, this years AAA state tournament will be one of the finest in recent memory. Good luck to all teams and hopefully my Bulldogs can finally bring the coveted Gold Ball back to the DAWGHOUSE!!!!

o yea bearden doesnt have bench players they roll 5 in 5 out the whole game.

Jenkins is a guard parker is my fav but simpson is best prospect on team eventhough i think parker has most upside They play 3 mins at a time i would like to see gabe blake dustin demonte and nathan together

That would be my favorite lineup, but you need Dustin in with the 2nd squad to have a post presence. Plus with that group, you have no true PG

Neither White Station or Raleigh goes 10 deep to my knowledge, but anyways:

White Station:

Joe Jackson 5'11 PG: I'm pretty sure his name sounds familiar so I don't think I have to put much /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Harry Green 6'2 SG: He was inserted into the lineup with Julian Burton being injured, but the kid has proven to be clutch and a nice shooter once he's feeling. A good defender as well.

Andre Hollins 6'3 SF/SG: One of the best players in his class. Can really dominate a game with his physical body and his ability to score. Tremendous explosiveness.

Marvin Williams 6'6 C/PF: Big Body who can dominate the paint when neccessary. He should match up well with whoever is playing the 4.

Ferrakhon Hall 6'8 PF: Long, lanky guy who everyone should be familiar with.

Julian Burton 5'10 PG: Will be called on to take some pressure off of Joe so he won't wear down like he did against Melrose and Liberty. If he's close to 100 percent then the depth at PG will allow Jackson to be the sound defender he is.

Patrick Coleman 6'4 WF: One of the better defenders in Memphis who can get you good buckets, but he'll play the part of lock down defender.

Jordan Miles 6'5 PF: Another big who can be placed in the paint if Ferrakhon or Marvin doesn't come to play.

They also have two 6'7 players who I'm not familiar with, but Coach Edwards(Southwind) said they hold the paint down with their length and ability to block shots.

This team is an outstanding Free Throw shooting team in the clutch and the only time they'll press is if Big Marvin and Ferrakhon aren't in the game, but they are expirienced with breaking numerous presses though.

Raleigh:

Jeremy Holmes PG: Lightning quick guard who has the led thsi Pharoah squad to a 59-7 record over the years.

Gentry Hines: He was one of the more heralded players in the state until he didn't play AAU, but he is a clutch performer and nice shooter.

Anthony Jones Jr: The most underrated player in Memphis and maybe the state. He's very versatile at 6'4 and just has the all around game down pact. Good defender and scorer.

Joe Brady: Not very familiar with him, but he's good a big body and provides size to a rather short Pharoah team.

Ronald Tank Brown: At 6'5 he's an undersized 4, but he doesn't back down from a challenge and thrives in Coach Adams' offense.

Reggie Fondren SG/PG: With his return Raleigh gets added depth and shooting for Gentry or Jeremy if they begin to faulter.

Rashad Harris: Another added guard to the excellent mix who provides another ball handler.

The pharoahs have some more unheralded players so they run about 8 or 9 deep and Jimmy Adams is one of the better coaches in the city.

Should be a great tournament. White Station and Raleigh BETTER not end up on the same bracket though.

Bearden ...The key to Bearden winning is their depth. They will press you the entire game and not wear out. Their press will force numerous turnovers which will lead to transistion baskets. Rarely will play any zone defense, will guard you as Bill Rafferty says, "Man to Man" most all game long.

The description above, probably is almost identical to both RE and White Station. If any 3 of these teams face each other, it will come down to athletisim, coaching and FT throw shooting (gotta work on that one AE...sorry Turtle, I just had to go there).

All in all, this years AAA state tournament will be one of the finest in recent memory. Good luck to all teams and hopefully my Bulldogs can finally bring the coveted Gold Ball back to the DAWGHOUSE!!!!

Bearden (and/or any other team) had better hope that its game with White Station does NOT come down to FT shooting. If it does, then White Station will more than likely win that game!

That team shoots FTs extremely well, particularly in the clutch/under pressure.

Bearden is ranked 26th on rivals and 29th on espn!!

Raleigh Egypt is ranked #49 by Rivals even though record is incorrect. Posted 29-2 when actual record is 33-2. RE is ranked #4 in the southeast by Prep Nation and Wh. Station is ranked #8 in the southeast. Bearden not even mentioned.

So What!!! It will all be decided in a week's time at Murfreesboro "between the lines".