Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When would have been a better time? During the school year?

And you're correct, Caleb was the head baseball coach at SD when he took the Temple job. He left SD after baseball was over, which couldn't have been a better time for SD.

You want to know when a better time would have been? How about NOT after he had signed a contract; how about NOT after he had worked with the team during the spring; how about NOT after he had taken them to summer camps, as late as the end of June. I'm talking about him leaving David Brained during the summer AFTER he had signed a contract to stay, after he had worked with the team during the spring, after he had taken them to summer camps. Coming from a Temple person, I figured something like that would not bother you. Put the shoe on the other person and see how that would have bothered you and your school. You may find out sooner than later as I stated previously. It will be a miracle if he stays there with the state of the program now.

They must have thought they had enough without it. It's a violation whether they were hit for it or not.

I knew I'd seen something similar to Hamilton's remarks before. This really got the hornet's nest stirred up at the time:

"Before this last season started, we didn't have Kameron Ridley or Erik Larson and look at the impact they had after transferring in," said Rob Eldridge, Temple's Director of Development. Ridley rushed for more than 1,000 yards and Larson became the team's starting quarteback after transferring in.

"Like those two transfers, I would expect anywhere from 8 to 12 kids to transfer from other schools because they can come here and get plenty of playing time or be a star," Eldridge said. "Kids don't want to sit on the bench, they want to play and our program is on the map now after this season.

"We may take our lumps next year or it may be a reloading year. We're a praying school and we're trusting the Lord will provide. We may surprise some teams with the talent stepping up and with those new students God may bring us."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2006/de...coaches-resign/

Maybe another Sexton can just fall out of the sky and into the gym.

I just can't help think something is out of order if praying for kids to fulfill an athletic program is what is on their minds.

Let's not forget in all this discussion that ALL private schools depend on transfers to even exist as a school much less staff athletic teams.

It makes no sense to get all red faced because someone transferred.

Bigbird, you're back! We hadn't heard from you since before the tourney. I was fearing our horrible performance in the championship game had left you totally shattered and hopeless.

Let's not forget in all this discussion that ALL private schools depend on transfers to even exist as a school much less staff athletic teams.

It makes no sense to get all red faced because someone transferred.

So much for the argument given on here that nearly all athletes at private schools were there through the middle school years or even elementary years. It's clear there will be transfers including at public schools, just look on this site in the girls' basketball topics especially midstate schools. The problem here, as mentioned, was Hamilton not-so-subtly encouraging athletes to "come on down", or "come on up" if they're still targeting Dalton (beyond the 20 mile zone, so they wouldn't have to sit out).

Yeah, they should probably just limit their prayers to the big stuff.

Believe me dadoffour, I do believe in the power of prayer and am not knocking that at all. I don't believe in judging others either. I've just never heard it made public that a school was praying for athletes. For each his own. Big stuff? Little stuff? I don't know how you distinguish the difference. Most private schools that I know of are established for academic and some religious reasons only, and continue to survive based upon that principal and their own mission statements. Reading all this stuff in the previous threads appears to promote Temple as surviving due to athletic prowerness only? If that's their mission, good luck! Sounds like somebody is missing the boat in the equation of academics vs athletics, a situation where a kid could have a 'successful' athletic career in high school that nobody will even remember or care a few years down the road, at the possible exclusion of a higher academic standard than say a public school? I'm just stating what appears to be promoted in the link to the paper article and info in these previous threads. Really, good luck to Temple in the future.

Since Temple started the 2000 season they have been absolutely incredible. Not sure if any team at any division has dominated or been as consistently good as they have been for the last 8 years. Regardless of the outcome of the state tourny in the next couple weeks- I don't think any team has the resume that this school has check it out...

3 Gold Balls

7 State Tournament Appearances

3 State Tourney MVP

4 Mr. Basketball Finalists

1 Mr. Basketball

20+ wins every year in the new Millennium

259-51 W/L since 2000 -That alone is amazing

6 Region Tourny Championships

6 District Tourny Championships

10-3 record at State Tournament...so far...

Pretty impressive...something tells me that this year is it for Temple, after this season disintegration of that school and team begins, so just wanted to congratulate all involved in the building and sustaining of such a dominate program...

White Station has won 5 state championships since 2000.

White Station has won 5 state championships since 2000.

Well there ya go....white station is the most dominant team since 2000- that is amazing I didn't realize that...Temple has done well in single a...but 5 gold balls in what 9 years...that is amazing...

as for all the petty recruiting, coaching changes, garbage...it will never end....why waste time talking about it..

It would be nice if we could get kids "just across the line" from Kentucky too, but we can't unless they move. We go by different rules than you do and that is the point and yes, this will ALWAYS come up because I will be one of those ALWAYS bringing it up. Is Temple afraid to go into the private school division and will have to play by the same rules as the other recruiting schools? I guess that would mean the end of the dynasty. Your "tiny" school has 210 students...ours has 187.

sorry not sure where you got that number...but that is WAY inflated...not sure how many kids in this senior class probably 25+....BUT I saw debbie hamilton and she told me that there are 92 kids enrolled at temple for next year 9-12...and there are 34 in that sr. class....so that is tiny...