McMillan to UTM Lady Skyhawks?

Volunatic

HMMM!!!!!!! I thought I had heard all of this before....like Yogi said "it seemed like Deja Vu all over again"....Oh yea, that was me way back in March trying to tell all of you that Tansil-Gentry was done....but no one especially the D's and GC Pioneer would even hear of it......you had to be blinded or at least wearing columbia blue and red glasses not to see this one coming........hate to say I told you so, but......

Like I posted back at the start of this thread, I had heard this from some reliable sources....My surprise was that it took so long for Tansil-Gentry to be gone and that McMillan wasn't already out recruiting and coaching for the Lady Skyhawks by now....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue. I'm going to keep quiet for the most part and let things happen. The assistant coach might be the one who shocks everyone, but for now it's a rumor and I'll keep quiet because it may not even be true./wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

The McMillan's will be at Gibson Co. next year. I was told that this coming year is the last year on Coach Tansil-Gentry's contract with UTM. I'd bet that if there isn't a drastic change within the next year at UTM that you might see Coach McMillan at UTM the year after next. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I do know for sure that Coach McMillan is wanting to get back to the college level though. I'm pretty sure it won't be next year though!!!

The news will be out in the media shortly. I'll just say, a final decision has been made.

I have no clue. I'm going to keep quiet for the most part and let things happen. The assistant coach might be the one who shocks everyone, but for now it's a rumor and I'll keep quiet because it may not even be true./wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

GCPioneer I respect you a lot for how you keep up with stuff in Gibson Co and West TN, but I respectfully say you don't seem to have a direct pulse on what the thinking is by McMillan, Russell, etc. It is very apparent from the article UTM knows who they want, it is McMillan since he was the only person of the five that came on campus.

I would say the biggest thing McMillan needs to do is start making contacts with successul college coaches that he can start getting games against big time opponents, if not immediately, soon. One way for UTM to compete with the Union's, Freed's, Lambuth's, and etc of West TN is to get the program providing opportunities these girls would not get by playing at any of those NAIA schools, or soon to be Div II. It will have to be a gradual process, but he has to start getting a couple of the best West TN players, and then pick off one or two under the radar players from Memphis, at that point UTM can compete in the OVC, start making NCAA appearances and gradually expand from there. MTSU did it, UTM can accomplish similiar things.

Although the article in the paper are compsed of true statements. It does not tell the complete story. There are other facts less than 10 people will ever know. GCP as all GC fans will tell you, it was a sad day @ Gc, that no one wanted to see, but yet all feared.

Now GCP get to work and see who will take over, inquiring minds want to know.

GCPioneer I respect you a lot for how you keep up with stuff in Gibson Co and West TN, but I respectfully say you don't seem to have a direct pulse on what the thinking is by McMillan, Russell, etc. It is very apparent from the article UTM knows who they want, it is McMillan since he was the only person of the five that came on campus.

I would say the biggest thing McMillan needs to do is start making contacts with successul college coaches that he can start getting games against big time opponents, if not immediately, soon. One way for UTM to compete with the Union's, Freed's, Lambuth's, and etc of West TN is to get the program providing opportunities these girls would not get by playing at any of those NAIA schools, or soon to be Div II. It will have to be a gradual process, but he has to start getting a couple of the best West TN players, and then pick off one or two under the radar players from Memphis, at that point UTM can compete in the OVC, start making NCAA appearances and gradually expand from there. MTSU did it, UTM can accomplish similiar things.

LOL, thanks for telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. I was at Gibson Co. yesterday at Coach Russell and McMillan's individual camp when news came out. There are quite a few rumors going around yesterday and today about things that have happened and might happen. I have not posted any of them and won't post them unless they turn out to be true.

Coach McMillan will have UTM turned around in a couple of years. There's no doubt about that. I wish him luck there and I hope Gibson Co. will find another great coach to coach these girls onto another state championship!

Russell is already retired and collecting retirement, while making the max. he can under law on a 100 day contract. And I haven't heard anything, but 2 names come to mind John Wild always appears in these situations and now that his daughter has graduated Steve Patterson.

Nothing says Russell can't come out of retirement or that they can't give him the job with the amount he is making right now. He would fall under the retired with more than five years of experience category so he could just be the head coach and not be part of the administration/faculty/staff. I think he enjoys the assistants role but why not come back and coach this bunch and take a chance at another ring.

Wild is for sure a name that appears because of he has always followed talent and Patterson would a good one as well. Lots of state tournament experience and some with Gibson Co as well in the 80's. It will be interesting who gets it if Russell does not. The applicant list is going to be a who's who of coaching more than likely.

The McMillan's will be at Gibson Co. next year. I was told that this coming year is the last year on Coach Tansil-Gentry's contract with UTM. I'd bet that if there isn't a drastic change within the next year at UTM that you might see Coach McMillan at UTM the year after next. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I do know for sure that Coach McMillan is wanting to get back to the college level though. I'm pretty sure it won't be next year though!!!

I'd get some new sources if I were you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Russell is already retired and collecting retirement, while making the max. he can under law on a 100 day contract. And I haven't heard anything, but 2 names come to mind John Wild always appears in these situations and now that his daughter has graduated Steve Patterson.

Wild was handed a championship at Bradford, destroyed the program and then left town. I hope they do not make the same mistake.