2009 Franklin Rebels

fbforme

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Coach Nowell is the OC at Hattiesburg, MS this will be his second year there. Last year they got beat in the second round of the playoffs. but in winning the first round it was the first playoff win in 12 years for them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the info i was wondering where he got off to. I remember when he was at humboldt where he was the dc and darn good one to. He will win ever where he goes they sure hated to see him go at hbt. How long did he coach at franklin? He left hbt 20 years ago i wish him well and thanks again for the info. Hattiesburg got a good one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUE. I agree that real fans will follow wherever and I will follow the Rebels. But lets take a look at Ooltewah and Louisville games since you want to argue. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Both games in another time zone and my understanding both are on a Friday. (not for sure maybe you know more than me and the Louisville game is on a Saturday, but I was told it was a Friday) So, we lose an hour trying to get there. If I work to four that day then I am leaving for a 2hour (or more) trip and I will be lucky to get there by game time. I will do it, because I have loyalty and ties to the game. What about the regular REBEL fans?? This will be very difficult to do and then when you look at the schedule and there is only FOUR home games then it gets a little frustrating!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

fbforme... this schedule is really a miracle to pull off! you have to consider that lately franklin has had a rich playoff tradition and last year went to state. As stated earlier with the new classification system teams can really benefit from creating a "cupcake" schedule so why would they want to schedule a team like franklin, brentwood, or for that matter oakland. road games are always fun for a player especially out of state games. there harder to win, but the kids really enjoy the experience and get the feeling that they are traveling like most college teams do. also, there is nothing like getting off a bus on an away game and you see a rowdy crowd of loyal fans cheering you as you get off. i would bet that the BGA game was hard to pull off as well since it has never happened before. you said most teams have 5 home games and you are only missing one and with fhs playing hillsboro just 20 minutes up the road acts as another home game.

true fhs fans will travel and support the team no matter what. that is what it is to be a fan or importantly a football fan.

when the new classifications were announced i thought i read something about how they were supposedly created to cut down on travel for some of the teams in east TN and other areas that have to travel far for region games if i read this correctly it seems like the T$$AA needs to rethink this.

In theory it is supposed to, but in a society where Coaches are pressured to win by any means possible, the teams that are in the running for the gold ball every year are to have a hard time making a schedule. Likewise, it maybe prove to beneficial in exposing Tennessee HS Football to the rest of the country.

I have no problem with the prices going up as long as we are getting the same or more for it! I just have a HUGE problem with only four home games and the increase in the price of the reserved seats. Seems like they would want to have five home games like EVERYONE else in the region. I guess we only have four home games (For two straight years) because we are so much better than the rest of the region?? I just think the school should be more fair about it! Enough though it is about the kids and I will get my car overhauled this summer so it is ready for all the trips. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not so much better than the rest of the region, but being one of the power programs in the state. Think of it this way: Would you rather Franklin play the Tennessee School for the Blind and win 100-0 and play a game that will prepare them for another run at the gold ball? If it were me, Ill sacrifice some gas if it means the latter.......

In this day and time....don't you want to play teams who you can bring you a good gate and play in a good atmosphere... that is Franklin High. So scheduling should be no problem for the Rebels...it wasn't for other teams in the district. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

In this day and time....don't you want to play teams who you can bring you a good gate and play in a good atmosphere... that is Franklin High. So scheduling should be no problem for the Rebels...it wasn't for other teams in the district. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Except the ultimate goal is to make the playoffs, which is why alot of teams are going to duck the Rebels,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't see teams ducking Oakland or Brentwood...is Franklin in a different class than those two?...I think not!!!

Look at the teams that Oakland/Brentwood have scheduled as well. Oakland had to go out of state to get their 10th game. Coaches are just as fickle as fans, the W is all that matters to them, and for a school that will have to sweat it out to make the playoffs or just wants to garner a higher seed, playing any of those 3 wouldnt bode well for them.

Thanks for the info i was wondering where he got off to. I remember when he was at humboldt where he was the dc and darn good one to. He will win ever where he goes they sure hated to see him go at hbt. How long did he coach at franklin? He left hbt 20 years ago i wish him well and thanks again for the info. Hattiesburg got a good one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nowell came back to FHS in the late 90's. He was HC here in mid to early 90's, took a break, and came back in '99. He was OC during Palmer's last year and during the Tim Johnson era. He then left for the 2005 season with Johnson and went to Giles county for (I think) two years, when they moved again back to the Franklin area and coached at BGA. Nowell made it one or two seasons and then "left". But that is correct that he is now in MS.

Nowell came back to FHS in the late 90's. He was HC here in mid to early 90's, took a break, and came back in '99. He was OC during Palmer's last year and during the Tim Johnson era. He then left for the 2005 season with Johnson and went to Giles county for (I think) two years, when they moved again back to the Franklin area and coached at BGA. Nowell made it one or two seasons and then "left". But that is correct that he is now in MS.

Thanks for the info.

Franklin, Oakland and Brentwood all have tuff schedules...good luck to them all. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree with Oakland and Franklin but Brentwood? Sure they scheduled alot of mboro teams and gallatin but you wont see how tough their schedule really is till the end of the season. Syrmna is a question mark, oakland is tough (possible only tough non-district game). Sure Gallatin makes the playoff every year but here is a stat for ya, since 2004 Gallatin season has ended by losing to a Williamson Co. school (2-6 vs. Will.Co. teams since 2001).

Well I have no problem with the prices going up if we had the games at home!! Four home games and they up the prices /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> now something is wrong with that. amen on your busses to away games because we are going to need them

I just don't see the benefit in going so far from home when it will be so hard for people to come watch the boys play. I'm not the only one complaining about it and I won't be the only one letting the administration at Franklin know our disgust in traveling so far for so many games.

6 away games this year means 6 home games next year. Schedules are played in a home/away format for 2 years. You will play the same schedule next year as this year only the sites will be reversed. You will get the same number of home games in a 2 year span.