2009 Franklin Rebels

fbforme

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every other team in the district has a completed 10 game schedule. But Franklin is still looking for a 10th game ! ! ! Who knows when Clayton will get it together and complete the FHS schedule.

He told us at the QB club meeting the other night that he was still trying to get a 10th game. He said it has been difficult because of the new TSSAA makeup and that he had a team that said they would play, but I don't remember now who it was. He did in a joking manner ( i think) mention going out of state for the last game. Not for sure though.

He told us at the QB club meeting the other night that he was still trying to get a 10th game. He said it has been difficult because of the new TSSAA makeup and that he had a team that said they would play, but I don't remember now who it was. He did in a joking manner ( i think) mention going out of state for the last game. Not for sure though.

I think your talking about Christian County (KY.)

Obviously everyone knows that Franklin is returning the RB duo of Alex Ford & Keylo Ford, but everyone also knows that Franklin has had to say goodbye to a handful of contributing seniors from last year. I will not list every open position from last year, but as of right Franklin is in the middle of Spring Practice, and the coaches are looking for some fresh young talent to step-up and fill these shoes/ shoulder-pads. But a long hot summer full of running and lifting weights can make life-altering differences. So as of right now, there are still alot of question-marks floating around Franklin football. But then again these questions are nothing new to seasoned coaches... these are the tasks that face every program this time of year, answering these questions is what separates the great football programs.

Concerning the schedule in question, Franklin is playing a scary gauntlet of competitive teams. Besides the typical region opponents of Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence, & Centennial. Franklin has added Ootlewah & Hillsboro. The remaining games are composed of threatening teams across the state(s) of Tennessee/ Alabama/ Kentucky.

Well this is the word that I have so far. Offense looks really good with Ford, Lee, and Dye running the ball. Passing game looks prety good with the new QB (not for sure on his name, I was told he is a basketball player). The word from the players is that they are playing a lot of different players on defense and the offense is winning all the scrimmages in practice. I'd say it is still real early, but if the Rebels are able to pass the ball with those three backs then defenses better look out. According to the players we may have to score a lot of points as the defense is really struggling. I can't wait to see for myself next week.

I would not be overly worried about the defensive side of the ball, because I have faith in any defense that is run and organized by Coach Webb. Filling holes and playing a lot of new players has been nothing new to this defense over the past few years. Coach Webb and his defensive crew will assemble a unit that is able to stop and slow down any offense it has to once August rolls around. This re-building/ re-modeling phase that happens every spring is what Coach Webb really enjoys. Besides this year's defense will return starters Timmy Wilson (DT/ DE), Michael Constantine (LB), Hunter S. Nall (DB), basically Franklin is returning one difference-making starter in each level of its overall defensive unit. Hopefully these three provide the core and experience to build a typical "Spider-webb-defense" around.

I've heard some good things about the sophomore class (some of them are getting lots of playing time right now). So, I'd say the future should still be good at Franklin. Who are the receivers for this year? If we are able to throw the ball like last year then the running lanes will open for LEE/FORD/DYE. What time is the scrimmage on Friday? Saw on another thread that Riverdale beat up on Gallatin so should be a real good showing of what the Rebels will be like this coming year.

• 3 weeks later...

The scrimmage went well. It was pretty even but the offense was able to move the ball fairly easily. Our passing game didnt look too good, but this was the QB's first real game action of his life. First team scored several times, but since the Riverdale coaches were calling the penalties, they called holding every time we moved the ball. The defense looked pretty good, as good as you could expect for facing the wing t offense without gameplanning. First team only allowed one or two touchdowns if I recall correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...