Pre-season AA favorites?

GCPioneer

The old 7AA minus Macon Co is now 8AA.

Macon Co is now 9AA with Hume Fogg, Whitehouse, Westmoreland, Greenbriar, Goodpasture, and Sycamore.

I forgot..thanks for the correction. When i read your first post i was reading into it that 8-aa would beat 7-aa, not 7-aa will be 8-aa. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Oh well, will any of these compete come region time?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot..thanks for the correction. When i read your first post i was reading into it that 8-aa would beat 7-aa, not 7-aa will be 8-aa. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Oh well, will any of these compete come region time?

No. The new region is still #4, the new foes are from the new district 7AA.

These teams are Bledsoe Co, Chattanooga Christian, Grundy Co, Notre Dame,and Sequatchie Co.

I believe the sectional foe match-ups will remain the same.

No. The new region is still #4, the new foes are from the new district 7AA.

These teams are Bledsoe Co, Chattanooga Christian, Grundy Co, Notre Dame,and Sequatchie Co.

Indian would know more but I expect Sequatchie to have enough to win the district but Chattanooga Christian will be there along with Grundy County.

The old 7AA minus Macon Co is now 8AA.

Macon Co is now 9AA with Hume Fogg, Whitehouse, Westmoreland, Greenbriar, Goodpasture, and Sycamore.

Macon County looked good in camp the one time I saw them. Coley is a beast in the paint and she appears to be in better shape this year then she what I remember from last year. Surrounding her were some very capable shooters and a couple of other big post players. I think they could win their district.

District realignments, ugh........messes with my brain trying to keep everything straight.

Indian would know more but I expect Sequatchie to have enough to win the district but Chattanooga Christian will be there along with Grundy County.

The teams in the new 7-AA all have a lot of work to do to avoid a region sweep. Will they get there, who knows yet and that's why they play the games. I have seen some good things and things that need to be worked on from Sequatchie, CCS and Bledsoe. I've not seen Grundy but was told the same things about them, some good, some areas that could use some work.

A team that I am surprised that has not been mentioned is Stone Memorial. From what I have heard around the mountain they are drilling people at camp and have 6 seniors this year. They should be one of the top teams in this part of the state for certain based on their scores this summer. They have speed, size, and enough shooters to give you problems. I heard they played their jv a ton against Oliver Springs and at one point were up over 30 points. At one camp they went undefeated and no one got within 20 points of them. The top five from the summer based on scores and knowing who people are missing right now should be.

1. Gibson Co.

2. Westview

3. Stone Mem.

4. South Greene

5. Cannon Co. (they have the talent to beat anyone but are very inconsistant)

Fussell normally tries to beat teams by herself and sometimes can be tough to handle. She has a decent post player in Katie Pate who is about 6'3. They also have a Sophomore this coming year that's going to be very good by the name of Macy Wright. She can shoot.

If I remember correctly, Bolivar only had a couple of Seniors as well last year. They were a state tournament team last year. Only bad thing about it now is, Bolivar is in the same region as 13AA and will find it hard to compete with the top 3 teams in our District.

Obion Central will be good next season.....They have been doing real well this summer from what I hear...They have been at The Mid American Hoops Classic this week at Murray and doing well, without Fussell who is heading down to the University of Texas to participate in a camp down there...

Fussell doesn't "normally" try to beat teams by herself....She tries to get her teammates involved...Her soph year she had players around her she could trust....She didn't try to beat teams on her own that year....Last year she didn't have that....When her teammates did step up and play the Lady Rebels were as good as anyone, proven in the Gibson County game in Troy....That was a game, you remember, the Lady Rebels should have won..They missed a free throw with less than 4 seconds left that would have won the game in regulation..They had four in double figures that night if memory serves me correctly....If her teammates step up and take the scoring load off Fussell they could be real thorns in the sides of the two frontrunners, GC and Westview.....

If I was to pick a favorite I'd go with Westview for exactly the reasons you described in your preview of the Lady Chargers....Then also, because it is awful difficult to repeat..The Lady Pioneers will be in the center of the bullseye....For comparison, two of Union City' best boys teams didn't win a state championship....Those two teams in 91 and 07 were in my opinion better than the state championship teams of 90 and 06....13 AA will boast three real good teams as usual and will have some exciting games played....

**Another factor with OC will be LaRue's effect on the team....Nobody will know until the season starts how the girls will play under his coaching style...Early indications are they are responding pretty well**

How many Seniors did South Greene have last year?

They will be better this year than last year. They lost Casteel who had to play post and was not a true post. They are returning Point Guard Rechelle Dye who said she will get that "Gold Ball" her senior year, because she can't let her mom who won two of them with the South Greene Teams of the 80's under Coach Larry Ricker out do her LOL. They also return Ansley Ricker, Shelby Hicks who has grown and becoming a scoring force inside from what I hear from camp. Brandi Crum one of the best defensive players in the state. They looked good at camp from what I hear. We South Greene fans are hoping for another Glory Year. God Bless