• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
SatyricTurfPunk

Irish playin fair?

KCHS is taking their entire team and staff out of state for padded scrimmages and practices. Is that even legal?

If they are doing it now, I wouldn't see how that is legal. If it is after full pad practice opens at the end of July, then yes it is legal.

It is in the middle of this month. I didnt know if the dead period had a geographical restriction on it, if it doesnt more teams should travel out of area to scrimmage out of state teams and practice.

First off not all of us know who KCHS is.

Secondly while it may not be legal, how does it differ from the AAU teams in Basketball and Baseball? That is a question I have always wondered about. With AAU some teams manage to practice year round. Football does not have this luxuory, but SHOULD!

Secondly while it may not be legal, how does it differ from the AAU teams in Basketball and Baseball? That is a question I have always wondered about. With AAU some teams manage to practice year round. Football does not have this luxuory, but SHOULD!

Knoxville Catholic High School

They moved up from old 3-A to current 5-A

you guys are goin to get the catholic faithfull all riled up with this post! but i love it! i agree with you on fb being year around. if catholic is doin something wrong and they probably are, everybody knows that there money will keep them out of trouble, just like with the Hood kid

you guys are goin to get the catholic faithfull all riled up with this post! but i love it! i agree with you on fb being year around. if catholic is doin something wrong and they probably are, everybody knows that there money will keep them out of trouble, just like with the Hood kid

Their money didn't keep them out of trouble with the Hood kid. They helped the Hood kid and now he's headed to UT to play football and get a good education. A success story.

You caught them fair and square. They are officially announcing the forfeiture of the season as I type.

We have them on a technicality. There is no dead period outside the Continental U.S. We are taking the team to the Bahamas to do mission work and teach the locals the game of football, pads are required to properly teach the game.

We have them on a technicality. There is no dead period outside the Continental U.S. We are taking the team to the Bahamas to do mission work and teach the locals the game of football, pads are required to properly teach the game.

Works for me! Mission work and the added benefit of teaching the heathens the great game of AMERICAN football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To answer your question, AAU is not regulated by T$$AA so they can practice everyday of the year if they desire. If their was an AAU football program they to could practice when ever they wanted.

Irish...HOW YA BEEN?

You guys don't have me fooled. You're not only down there spreading catholicism...you're recruiting, too, HUH???? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />