Death of a Champion

GovMan

I've just received word that William Blount assistant football coach, Chris Morgan, passed away last evening after courageously battling brain cancer for the past year. Chris leaves behind his wife Emily and their young daughter, Grace.

I never knew Chris real well--spoke to him on occasion--but I do know several people who did know him well. Players he coached, parents of those players, men who coached with him ... all of these folks attested to the fact that Chris was the real deal ... a great man, a wonderful husband and father, and a true friend to many.

As football season draws near, let us be reminded of what's truly important. It's just a game--I constantly need reminded of that as much as anyone. Please pray for Emily, for Gracie, for the rest of the family, and for the WB community. Thanks.

This is extremely sad news...although I didn't get to spend a ton of time with him, Coach Morgan was always a great guy to me.

He was an inspiration for us last season and fought this disease bravely...may God be with his family during this tough time