big 8 Jamboree

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing. I can hear it now if DB or Bristol had put it on South in the Jamboree. [Yeah, we looked solid. South couldn't hold a candle. Like always 44-0. Or "yeah, our RB is going to run all over them this year".] You wouldn't be saying "well, we only played our second string. Coach doesn't believe in showing all his cards in the Jamboree." Instead you would say, "We will really put it on South so imagine what we will do to them with our varsity." You people are such candies. Stacy showed what he's got. He ain't scared. I can't wait to hear what kind of excuses you give when we beat you. I've never seen a game with extremely bad officiating against Bristol or DB. So I expect it to be clean. I also expect the both of you to come a long way by the end of the season. In no way do I make a prediction based on what you didn't do in the Jamboree or on what we did do. But I get sick reading what you people say. Like "South did good but they are way over-rated" or "South is good but they thought this was a Super Bowl" I tell you now...if Stacy gets the chance he will put it on you and hard. I'm sure you will be ready to play and give all you have and I respect that you both have tremendous potential and know from years past that you will be a different team later in the season but you just can't be civil can you? You just can't give South the same respect we try to give you. Can you? I hope Stacy puts 100 on both of you. You better get all your guns ready because our guns ARE ready. Good luck with the first part of your seasons.

Why did you go and lump all of us together Comp? :lol: If Stacy wants to play that way that's perfectly fine by me. I find it humorous only because other teams won't play like that. I went to the jamboree and I know and you know that Stubbs likes to play things close to the vest in these types of events. But I won't get on here and say, "Well, yeah South scored three on our jv squad, there's nothing to worry about; because that just isn't true. TN High, like most other teams, were using a lot of players so it's difficult to get a perfectly accurate measure on this. The Vikes were playing a little conservative and probably had a few players in different positions, but that 1 quarter showed everyone that TN High has a lot of work to do if they want to beat South. Turnovers were a big issue on offense. Harmon was scrambling on several plays. I'm even more concerned about the defense. Clint ran the ball well and St. Clair threw probably 7 or 8 completions. The play where Clint was bulldozing his way for extra yardage is still burnt in my memory.

I mentioned how South played last year in the jamboree against Sullivan East. Someone said, "Well South has only had one scrimmage; the one's need to get a little bit of work. This year, in this economy, it's, "Stacy wants a bang for your buck." :lol: I wasn't critical of South because, trust me, I want everyone to beat East. :thumb: Basically both aspects have their pros and cons. South could've possibly injured a starter and Stubbs and Clark can conduct their scrimmages and practices at black sites for all they care; Carter will know everything he needs to know about them anyway come Week 6 and Week 10.

But Comp I believe your wasting your breath in regard to demanding that DB give South respect. In my opinion, South will have to beat DB before a majority of DB fans will give South respect. I believe bud, batmandb, and even Waco will give you guys respect after that. The past two years were great opportunities for that to happen; maybe it will happen this year. Good Luck! :lol:

South suffers from a bad case of the "Superiority Complex". I first noticed it after the 7-6 lose they took from DB at home. DB did everything they could to give them that game and they still couldn't get it done. The next year, for months before the game all we heard from South was smack talk about how bad they were going to beat DB (just like what we're hearing right now). CoachT has ask me not to mention that score on here again because several of the South fans are on sucide watch because of it. But u-all remember what happened that year. This year on paper South "appears" to have the better team "again". I'm not bettin' against DB though. You South people need to wise up. Then maybe you'll get some respect. The deal in the Jamboree will come back to haunt you, go ahead and mark it down. Your team is nowhere near as good as you think.

I pull for the colors my son put's on,simple.Had he chose to play at North,South or my own Greeneville High :thumb: ,I would be in his corner. There's one thing about it,I have allways respected Dobyns Bennett and South alike.I hope DB crushes South,but when the smoke clears,I wish South all the luck in the world come playoff time.I understand the pure hate between a lot of the fans,but I'm not into that.I seen a very good South team the other night and they will be hard to stop.Even if South wins a few times over the next several years,it won't be the first time that it's happened and Dobyns Bennett would have lost to a fine team.A victory is not needed for either team to have a great season and if South or DB is even thinking of that game,they are just stupid "like my spelling ".Both teams have a big test this week,and good luck to all of our young men.Roll Tribe

BatmanDB, couchqb, THSVikings2004, just to name a few are outstanding fans of their teams and outstanding posters here on coacht. People on here say things that rile me up from time to time but I mark it up as to their lack of knowledge or simply trying to stir the pot or both. This board reflects a HUGE minority of the fan bases and their feelings on certain other rival fan bases. If you listen to Waco every single South person, fan, etc. etc. etc. are crazed individuals that salivate at the proposition of beating DB. Then there are a few fans of South that return the jab. Comp, sorry Comp, accused every single DB and THS fan of not giving respect. I can understand to a point what Comp feels because all we heard about Curt from a few certain select that "he was a one man show" and "when he leaves you guys won't have anything"...yada, yada, yada. I as a South fan know one thing for certain. Stacy Carter is an excellent coach and he will have the Rebs ready to play anyone, however what we here on coacht discuss and rant and rave about has absolutely NO bearing on who will win a game. Comp, I know many a great DB fans that have come and cheered for the Rebs and I have done the same for the Indians. These are people that respect us and I respect them, why on earth would you want respect from a certain select few on here that does nothing but bad mouth?? That's all they can do! Let that stuff go we don't need acceptance! We have a hard matchup coming up at West let's focus on that! For what it's worth I hope the Indians go to Knoxville and pull a shocker against the Admirals and I know for a fact the Indian fans that I know are hoping South will do the same to West.

Bull-oney! Too much lovey dovey politically correct Lou Holtz Bill Clinton crap talk on here. Most D-B fans would love to see West beat the crap outta us so they can say we haven't beaten anyone West of Telford. Well except Jack. And he changed his recently to "beat anyone West of wherever in the PLAYOFFS". Most South fans would love to see Farragut beat D-B 44-0 and then Podunk High beat them in the first round of the playoffs AGAIN this year. Just man up and say what you feel! :thumb:

Bull-oney! Too much lovey dovey politically correct Lou Holtz Bill Clinton crap talk on here. Most D-B fans would love to see West beat the crap outta us so they can say we haven't beaten anyone West of Telford. Well except Jack. And he changed his recently to "beat anyone West of wherever in the PLAYOFFS". Most South fans would love to see Farragut beat D-B 44-0 and then Podunk High beat them in the first round of the playoffs AGAIN this year. Just man up and say what you feel! :thumb:

Pretty sure I didn't say most....I said the great DB fans that I know. Don't get me wrong I want to beat DB just like everyone else on the schedule....as far as SOME of the people on here I could give a big one if they respect us or not! There was no lovey dovey political correctness to any of it except for the fact I can't see why someone would want the repect of someone that continually downs and trash talks our school.

BatmanDB, couchqb, THSVikings2004, just to name a few are outstanding fans of their teams and outstanding posters here on coacht. People on here say things that rile me up from time to time but I mark it up as to their lack of knowledge or simply trying to stir the pot or both. This board reflects a HUGE minority of the fan bases and their feelings on certain other rival fan bases. If you listen to Waco every single South person, fan, etc. etc. etc. are crazed individuals that salivate at the proposition of beating DB. Then there are a few fans of South that return the jab. Comp, sorry Comp, accused every single DB and THS fan of not giving respect. I can understand to a point what Comp feels because all we heard about Curt from a few certain select that "he was a one man show" and "when he leaves you guys won't have anything"...yada, yada, yada. I as a South fan know one thing for certain. Stacy Carter is an excellent coach and he will have the Rebs ready to play anyone, however what we here on coacht discuss and rant and rave about has absolutely NO bearing on who will win a game. Comp, I know many a great DB fans that have come and cheered for the Rebs and I have done the same for the Indians. These are people that respect us and I respect them, why on earth would you want respect from a certain select few on here that does nothing but bad mouth?? That's all they can do! Let that stuff go we don't need acceptance! We have a hard matchup coming up at West let's focus on that! For what it's worth I hope the Indians go to Knoxville and pull a shocker against the Admirals and I know for a fact the Indian fans that I know are hoping South will do the same to West.

Thanks 83.Both our teams are playing two of knoxville's best next week.It's a tall order for DB and we have a lot to work on.Clinton will be the same kind of deal in a couple of weeks.I just hope this team can get better every week and play as hard as they are capable of.That's all anybody could ever ask for,and if the players give 100%,that's all they can do.