Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

I have seen several baseball games played in worse conditions than today. Don't bet up on baseball, baseball players are not scared to get dirty!!!!! :thumb:

I love baseball and dont mean to take pot shots at it, but you wonder about Ensworth when the rain amount today wasnt enough to keep a team off the football field.

Yea I would say they probably need a little more time to watch some game. Just another advantage of having a home game. 1 question? when a game like this is canceled who makes the decision. The coaches or Umpires. I know for a fact last year we had to wait out a storm and our coach was wanting to cancel and come back the next day and we was at home.

Home team's call. Coach and Administration I am sure. Glad I missed all that rain tonight and didn't get to go to the best game in the country :roflol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they didn't let us get up there, warm up, get soaked, and then call the game off like Lebanon did that time to us about 6 or 7 yrs ago. The next day was the Florida /UT game and a ton of our fans and players had tickets to it. Talk about HOT folk!! Sad part is that Lebanon's players were already changed and headed home before Brown thought to let OAKLAND coaches know it was called off. All it was was raining hard. NO reason whatsoever to call it off. Tons of kids stranded in the rain with no way home. That was as sorry as it goes and I have never forgotten it.

I do not think it is up to the coaches to make the decision. Can someone verify that :roflol:

At least they didn't let us get up there, warm up, get soaked, and then call the game off like Lebanon did that time to us about 6 or 7 yrs ago. The next day was the Florida /UT game and a ton of our fans and players had tickets to it. Talk about HOT folk!! Sad part is that Lebanon's players were already changed and headed home before Brown thought to let OAKLAND coaches know it was called off. All it was was raining hard. NO reason whatsoever to call it off. Tons of kids stranded in the rain with no way home. That was as sorry as it goes and I have never forgotten it.

I do not think it is up to the coaches to make the decision. Can someone verify that :roflol:

Ensworth is the home team , it is their call to make.

Tennessee High had to postpone a game in 2005. It was raining and then it started lightning. They said they would resume football 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. 10 minutes or so would go by and then there would be another streak of lightning flash through the sky and we would all know we'd have to wait 30 more minutes. Eventually around 10:30 or 11:00 o'clock the stadium lights started flickering and then they went out all together. They had no choice but to cancel it. A lot of Johnson Co. fans were upset with the cancellation; they were winning 6-0 @ the half when the game was called off. It was resumed on Saturday and TN High ended up winning 16-6. One of our rb's was cleared to play that very day and made a big contribution to the outcome of the game.

OMG guys did yall see all the rain!? Got to be some kind of record! I mean I just seen a car floating down the street! Good thing they called it off... Or wait this one is better... Man what a great game I got to see tonight, I mean the weather was peeeeerfect!! Oh wait they didn't play tonight cause the weather was to NICE... ha ha ha... Saturday should be interesting. Hope it rains cats and dogs...

The sad part it that it comes down to the dollars. Can't take a chance on losing a big gate, especially if you have to make those pesky monthly payments to the players and staff ( I meant scholarship payments, gosh you people are retarded ). But was I referring to Oaktown.... hum!

Gameday, gotta go, gotta stretch and get taped up, working the chains tonight.

We are.....Blackman!

The sad part it that it comes down to the dollars. Can't take a chance on losing a big gate, especially if you have to make those pesky monthly payments to the players and staff ( I meant scholarship payments, gosh you people are retarded ). But was I referring to Oaktown.... hum!

We are.....Blackman!

As previously stated, when you have the best things money can buy, they dont need a big game.

FWIW, when Ricky was the coach at MBA, his team played Jax-Bolles in Jax amidst, literally, hurricane conditions. This while his team was running an option offense that was crushed by the rain. Supposedly the Bolles people suggested they cancel the game, but RB said he would agree to do so only if Bolles informed the USA Today rankings people (in which MBA was ranked) that it was their decision (not mutual) to cancel. They said no and played the game; MBA was beaten handily in a monsoon. I don't think Ricky is afraid of the rain.

Anyways major props to the Defending 5A Champ OAKLAND PATRIOTS for playing this game against a local D2 opponent. Too bad certain schools nearby you won't do the same. Normally I would cheer for the D2 team, but not this D2 team. Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are.....Blackman!

You are absolutely correct. I am sure this was a decision due to the expecations of a large 'paid' attendance.

Also, the game administrator makes the call on whether the game is played or not up until the time the referees walk onto the field then it is their call I believe.