District 4a This Year

We must not be watching the same ballgames. I see players being rotated. I thought only five could be on the floor at one time. I see players put on the court according to their abilities. I bet those players who have stepped up their production are seeing more playing time, right? Apparently the person/s you are wanting to "shine" have not met that expectation yet. It is so easy to blame someone else for our own incapabilities....especially the coach/teacher. etc. We need to look at the team (and I do mean team) as a whole. We need not look at individuals who we think should "shine." You play to win using the best combination of players you have. That combination of players can range from a freshman all the way to being a senior. There is no sports' law that states you must play all seniors or players from other sports. Let's support the team and staff with positives. Negative opinions only hurt the team and school.

I do not see Oneida having a strong finish. There seems to be a reluctance on the coaches part to play the more productive players. Granted, I do see every game in person, but I have seen every game on film or in person and a couple players have stepped up their production, but minutes or starting positions do not change. I do even see the effort from some starters that was there early in the year. I feel this is a sentiment shared by many Oneida fans and I fully understand not everyone will not share my thoughts, but the stats do not lie. Now is the time to shake things up and try different rotations before district tourney time. What can be the harm?

I read where they have won a few more games. Are they playing better? I have watched them three times this year earlier in the season. I was unimpressed with the coaching and the overall play but the bench players that played contributed nothing other than the bigger post player who could score but could not play defense. Your child must not be a starter. Be patient as a parent and if your child shines, the Coaches will notice. Getting on CoachT and expressing yourself anonymously only stirs the pot and causes dissension. Coaches do read CoachT although they would deny it. Oneida was a Class A basketball powerhouse with numerous state tourney appearances. I wish Oneida luck and hope to see them improve and progress in the tourneys.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO LADY BOBCATS: PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED YOU ALL YEAR NOW KNOW YOUR ARE BETTER THAN MOST THOUGHT. ITS HARD TO BELEAVE THAT NOT ONE PERSON ON THIS TEAM WAS PICKED ALL DISTRICT FIRST TEAM: ALSO I WANT TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO COALFIELD, THERE ARE GOOD BALL PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM AND THEY MAY STILL HAVE A GREAT YEAR>

OS had a regular season losing record of 8-18 - WHY is it hard to believe not one person on this team was picked All-District First Team??

Congratulations to Oliver Springs Lady Bobcats and their outstanding coach on winning their 9th straight district championship.

The players and coach did an outstanding job.

And let's be real- Coach Christopher knew exactly what she was doing by scheduling one of the most brutal regular season schedules ( outside of the district) in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification. We are talking about Oliver Springs High School Lady Bobcat basketball, aren't we? Never underestimate pride, tradition, and a coach that knows what it means to win in late febuary and march.

While Sunbright, Oakdale, Coalfield ( who did play a couple good teams), and Wartburg were playing average single a or aa programs, Oliver Springs was playing once again the best team in Tennessee- Jackson County, Clarkrange, Oak Ridge, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, and tournaments in Floridia. Also, OS played very good teams in Loudon and Clinton ( twice) and some more good OOD teams.

So the rest of you district fans can laugh at the 8-18 regular season record all you want. However, that schedule along with all new starters finally paid off at district tournament time with three straight wins over single a teams that didn't play a tough schedule.

Great job of preparing your team for a late season run Coach Christopher. Now time for a regional run!