Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

OK, ill say this, if ''MBA'' has changed their defense who stopped micheal moore so well and is so much better than before ...all they would have to do to win this game is somehow take 74 - Antonio Richardson out of the game ...........which mba has no one to match up or compare at all to that monster.....so better luck next year...oh wait nvm he will be back then too so idk i guess yall r just out of luck on this one

Last Match-up

MBA-21

EHS-50

This Time

MBA-14

EHS- 57

Darkwa-260 yards rushing 4 TD.......... :thumb:

MBA will definitely have their hands full with a high powered EHS offense, but as they say, that's why the play the game. If Ryan can stay close with EHS, then MBA certainly can as well.

i wouldnt be so sure about that comment red twin....

if you look father Ryan is a way better team than mba...sure they beat father ryan

but father ryan is second in the division behind ensworth and only lost to ensworth team by 8 points LATE in the season...mba got drilled :thumb: by ensworth EARLY in the season

plus ryan was picked as a big favor over mba and is a better team ...they just played terrrible on offense against mba and they held mba to only 7 points...their offense just couldnt produce points

but frhs is a btter team than mba so your statement is incorrect :thumb:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mba will have a new qb playing, sophomore aaron simonis. he is a really good athlete and has gotten much better as a passer since his first week at qb (which i belive was the week before the mba-ba game). he had a terrible concussion mid-august in a scrimmage at smyrna when he was playing running back, which is why he hasnt been the qb all along. i bet mba would be 9-2 if he had been physically able to play right after colbert went down. to the mba players, ensworth is the biggest rival. mba has been way up (maplewood, mccallie, bga) and way down (ensworth, independence, bga, injuries) this season, which is something that the seniors (and therefore the rest of the team) are not used to. therefore mba has nothing to lose in this game and in my opinion will come out firing and more passionate than any game this season.

as for ensworth, they basically ran 2 plays in the first game so mba SHOULD be able to slow down #10 after having seen this once. mba's offense and defense are better than they were two months ago, and it was hard for mba to do ANYTHING mentally after colbert went down, as half of mba's seniors were crying out there on the field. although they havent lost, ensworth is beatable as ryan, oakland, and smyrna could have won those games. ensworth will not win a state championship this year. ensworth is a really good team though and this game is sure to be closer than the last. Roll Red.

In 2002, MBA was 4-4 and finished the year 9-4, ultimately winning the state championship over BA at Vandy

During the regular season, they lost to BGA, Baylor, MUS, and BA. They were absolutely embarrassed by both Baylor and BA...well embarrassed by BGA too I guess because they broke off some huge plays

In the playoffs, they defeated Baylor, MUS, and BA. This year, MBA has a similar opportunity: avenge all but one of their regular season losses. Stage one complete but beating EHS and BA is a whole new animal

It is mission critical that MBA not give up the big play like they've done all year if they wish to beat EHS this time around. No more defensive backs taking horrible angles or going in with their heads down just praying to not get run over. Too bad the whole team can't take the field with the mentality Lassing possesses. No question about whether or not he can handle a little contact, some of the MBA defensive backs that were playing vs EHS early in September on the other hand, I think it's fair to question whether or not they can handle it

In 02, Baylor's Braswell ran for 300+ yards on like 12 carries in the first meeting. Second time around, did not do nearly that much damage and MBA moved on to play at MUS. In HS, coaching >>>> talent. If MBA can carry out their assignments and refrain from committing turnovers or getting penalized, they have a shot to give EHS fits

Defensive coaching needs to be better for MBA in this one. What EHS does is not complicated at all. Red 34 go, :thumb:

I'm not sure what any of this means. In 2002, MBA had a COMPLETELY different coaching staff. Outside of Coach Brown, where are all the significant coaches from that staff? You can't compare 2002 to today. Additionally, I personally know the players from 2002 and they are a completely different group of players from the present players of MBA. Everything from their demeanor to their toughness is different. Is MBA improved from the beginning of the season? YES. But this is not 2002. This is 2009, and the culture has changed at MBA since 2002.

mba will have a new qb playing, sophomore aaron simonis. he is a really good athlete and has gotten much better as a passer since his first week at qb (which i belive was the week before the mba-ba game). he had a terrible concussion mid-august in a scrimmage at smyrna when he was playing running back, which is why he hasnt been the qb all along. i bet mba would be 9-2 if he had been physically able to play right after colbert went down. to the mba players, ensworth is the biggest rival. mba has been way up (maplewood, mccallie, bga) and way down (ensworth, independence, bga, injuries) this season, which is something that the seniors (and therefore the rest of the team) are not used to. therefore mba has nothing to lose in this game and in my opinion will come out firing and more passionate than any game this season.

as for ensworth, they basically ran 2 plays in the first game so mba SHOULD be able to slow down #10 after having seen this once. mba's offense and defense are better than they were two months ago, and it was hard for mba to do ANYTHING mentally after colbert went down, as half of mba's seniors were crying out there on the field. although they havent lost, ensworth is beatable as ryan, oakland, and smyrna could have won those games. ensworth will not win a state championship this year. ensworth is a really good team though and this game is sure to be closer than the last. Roll Red.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Ensworth ran 4 plays.

if you look father Ryan is a way better team than mba...sure they beat father ryan

but father ryan is second in the division behind ensworth and only lost to ensworth team by 8 points LATE in the season...mba got drilled :thumb: by ensworth EARLY in the season

plus ryan was picked as a big favor over mba and is a better team ...they just played terrrible on offense against mba and they held mba to only 7 points...their offense just couldnt produce points

Comparative scores against a third team trump a head-to-head matchup?

Stick around. You'll fit in well around here.

OK, ill say this, if ''MBA'' has changed their defense who stopped micheal moore so well and is so much better than before ...all they would have to do to win this game is somehow take 74 - Antonio Richardson out of the game ...........which mba has no one to match up or compare at all to that monster.....so better luck next year...oh wait nvm he will be back then too so idk i guess yall r just out of luck on this one

Last Match-up

MBA-21

EHS-50

This Time

MBA-14

EHS- 57

Darkwa-260 yards rushing 4 TD.......... :thumb:

So, just to get this straight:

EHS will score more even though MBA has a completely new defense with a new secondary that has proven itself as, if not stout, competent, and they have their 300 lb noseguard back.

AND

MBA will score less even though their QB will probably not break his neck in the middle of the game (and that undoubtedly has an enormous effect on the team on both sides of the ball), and their offense is clicking and palying extremely well with the new QB #2.

AND

#74 will wreck MBA's night even though MBA's OLine came out superior to EHS's DLine in the first matchup, and #74 had mediocre stats.

Now that that's cleared up, why did you put quotation marks around MBA?

But please try to sound like more of a jerk, people love it.

I can think of 12 reasons in a row why your last statement makes no sense. As this year proves, a decent MBA team is better than Ryan's best team in a decade.

Good luck to the Big Red on Friday.

From what I'm hearing from some MBA players is that they really didn't want to play Ensworth again (who would?) and didn't really want to beat BGA. I also heard that some BGA players said they really didn't want to beat MBA (not making this up) because they didn't want to have to get blown out again. It seems like their confidence level right now is at zero. When I mentioned the game to a friend who starts for MBA he said, "Great now they can beat us 42-14."

MBA wants out of this season and Ensworth is just too athletically superior for them to put up a good fight, even if it is the playoffs. Ensworth is very hyped about this game and it's at home. MBA can change their QB and their defensive scheme but it won't be enough.

actually, I heard from a lot of EHS players that they really don't want to play this game. They know that they should have lost the earlier meeting with MBA and were aided by the refs and a bunch of blown calls. Now they know they will have their perfect season ruined by MBA in the rematch and really don't want to play at all. A couple of EHS starters told me this. I mean, I don't live in Nashville or anything, but I called and they told me this. It was the big kid from Mt Pleasant who had to sit out last year who told me in fact.

From what I'm hearing from some MBA players is that they really didn't want to play Ensworth again (who would?) and didn't really want to beat BGA. I also heard that some BGA players said they really didn't want to beat MBA (not making this up) because they didn't want to have to get blown out again. It seems like their confidence level right now is at zero. When I mentioned the game to a friend who starts for MBA he said, "Great now they can beat us 42-14."

MBA wants out of this season and Ensworth is just too athletically superior for them to put up a good fight, even if it is the playoffs. Ensworth is very hyped about this game and it's at home. MBA can change their QB and their defensive scheme but it won't be enough.

actually, I heard from a lot of EHS players that they really don't want to play this game. They know that they should have lost the earlier meeting with MBA and were aided by the refs and a bunch of blown calls. Now they know they will have their perfect season ruined by MBA in the rematch and really don't want to play at all. A couple of EHS starters told me this. I mean, I don't live in Nashville or anything, but I called and they told me this. It was the big kid from Mt Pleasant who had to sit out last year who told me in fact.

I was picturing something more along the lines of the unofficial Christmas truce on the Western Front in 1914, where British and German troops emerged from the trneces, exchanged foods and little gifts, and then played a soccer match. But in retrospect, what you and hdcastle were saying seems a lot more plausible.

Let's all bear in mind that hdcastle is a junior at EHS, and a manager for the football team

Are you sure it wasn't 41-14?

One of the more pathetic posts on the DII boards. I'm sure the EHS powers-that-be will love seeing what some of their students are writing. And to associate your real name with such mierda? A new form of "brilliant".

It sure makes these old bones want to strap on some pads and lay some licks again...or remove someone's ink cartridge from his pen.