Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder about the 2002 MBA State Champoinship team. This was Jeff Rutledges first team. They started out slowly and struggled early in the season. They were beaten to death by BA at BA, then started to put things together later in the year. They blew through the playoffs and beat BA handily in the Clinic Bowl. These are all 16-18 year old boys and unexpected things happen. GO BIG RED

The MBA that played BGA the second time was a different team than the one that played BGA the first time.

For one thing, they had a passing game for the first time since their starting QB hurt his neck.'

I think they had about 50 passing yards in the 8 games between the injury and last Friday. Last Friday they must have had 150 passing yards. They made another change at QB and they are no longer as one-dimensional as they have been since week 2.

this game will no doubt be another easy game for ensworth.....the tigers are just too strong for little mba :mrgreen:

a little hasty, eh? just like the MBA that played BGA was different the second time around, so it will be in this rematch. MBA completely redesigned its defense since last time, and they are playing quite well. Thinking back to the first game, one thing that, to me at least, was conspicuous was EHS's mediocre defense, MBA's QB, a team leader and brother to the other 80 guys, broke his neck and they still put up 29 on EHS. True, EHS has very potent offense, and Darkwa had his way in the first game, but so did BGA's Moore at MBA's homecoming. I know, Darkwa is probably better than Moore, but the change in yardage (285-55) is conspicuous. I think this will be an incredible game with an absurd amount of emotion. I dont know who will win this one

this game will no doubt be another easy game for ensworth.....the tigers are just too strong for little mba :popcorneater:

a little hasty, eh? just like the MBA that played BGA was different the second time around, so it will be in this rematch. MBA completely redesigned its defense since last time, and they are playing quite well. Thinking back to the first game, one thing that, to me at least, was conspicuous was EHS's mediocre defense, MBA's QB, a team leader and brother to the other 80 guys, broke his neck and they still put up 29 on EHS. True, EHS has very potent offense, and Darkwa had his way in the first game, but so did BGA's Moore at MBA's homecoming. I know, Darkwa is probably better than Moore, but the change in yardage (285-55) is conspicuous. I think this will be an incredible game with an absurd amount of emotion. I dont know who will win this one

Actually they put 21 up on EHS. But that is just me being picky, 21 points still supports your point. You make some other very valid points as well. I wouldn't call EHS' defense mediocre, but they aren't as top notch as the offense, thats for sure. And yes, MBA is clearly a different team. But Ensworth is the same team, and that team is the second best in the state. EHS will win this one by at least 10.

It's been over 2 months since these two teams played. I would think that MBA would do better to stop EHS #10.

I really don't think MBA will allow 300+ yards and 5 TD's again for #10.

EHS has been cruising along and might be ripe for an upset.

MBA will be playing for pride while EHS will be thinking about the Cookville trip in Dec.

Hint to MBA defense coach.........blitz, stunt, and mix things up.

EHS will run #10 behind #74 for most of the night.

Yes 5 of 6 TDs last time were scored by Darkwa, but there was also significant yardage produced by the passing game with is on a roll right now for Ensworth. Also don't forget that if needed Ensworth has #5 Anderson who ran for around 150 yards against BGA. Knowing Bowers he has probably rewritten the entire offense and could come out running a triple option or something will Tollison, Darkwa, and Anderson. This is entirely theoretically, however Bowers knows the game both physically and mentally as well as anyone and will find some way to catch MBA off-guard. As for the emotional part I know the players, especially the seniors are not over looking this game. They were praying to be able to play MBA again.

In 2002, MBA was 4-4 and finished the year 9-4, ultimately winning the state championship over BA at Vandy

During the regular season, they lost to BGA, Baylor, MUS, and BA. They were absolutely embarrassed by both Baylor and BA...well embarrassed by BGA too I guess because they broke off some huge plays

In the playoffs, they defeated Baylor, MUS, and BA. This year, MBA has a similar opportunity: avenge all but one of their regular season losses. Stage one complete but beating EHS and BA is a whole new animal

It is mission critical that MBA not give up the big play like they've done all year if they wish to beat EHS this time around. No more defensive backs taking horrible angles or going in with their heads down just praying to not get run over. Too bad the whole team can't take the field with the mentality Lassing possesses. No question about whether or not he can handle a little contact, some of the MBA defensive backs that were playing vs EHS early in September on the other hand, I think it's fair to question whether or not they can handle it

In 02, Baylor's Braswell ran for 300+ yards on like 12 carries in the first meeting. Second time around, did not do nearly that much damage and MBA moved on to play at MUS. In HS, coaching >>>> talent. If MBA can carry out their assignments and refrain from committing turnovers or getting penalized, they have a shot to give EHS fits

Defensive coaching needs to be better for MBA in this one. What EHS does is not complicated at all. Red 34 go, :popcorneater:

MBA just doesnt have enough firepower. If you shut down Fitz they are done. Ensworth has more than just Orleans.They have other weapons on the offensive side with #5,#8,#2. Orleans will be 100% could have played the last season game against BGA but wasnt needed and has been on a weeks rest and from what i heard he doesnt practice during the week. Ensworth line matches well with MBA. MBA had a win against a smaller and younger BGA team But Orleans flirts with 300 yds i say a 250-80 yard game 3 TD's. Ensworth wins 35-17

OK, ill say this, if ''MBA'' has changed their defense who stopped micheal moore so well and is so much better than before ...all they would have to do to win this game is somehow take 74 - Antonio Richardson out of the game ...........which mba has no one to match up or compare at all to that monster.....so better luck next year...oh wait nvm he will be back then too so idk i guess yall r just out of luck on this one

Last Match-up

MBA-21

EHS-50

This Time

MBA-14

EHS- 57

Darkwa-260 yards rushing 4 TD.......... :?:

OK, ill say this, if ''MBA'' has changed their defense who stopped micheal moore so well and is so much better than before ...all they would have to do to win this game is somehow take 74 - Antonio Richardson out of the game ...........which mba has no one to match up or compare at all to that monster.....so better luck next year...oh wait nvm he will be back then too so idk i guess yall r just out of luck on this one

Last Match-up

MBA-21

EHS-50

This Time

MBA-14

EHS- 57

Darkwa-260 yards rushing 4 TD.......... :?:

MBA will definitely have their hands full with a high powered EHS offense, but as they say, that's why the play the game. If Ryan can stay close with EHS, then MBA certainly can as well.

Rodney Anderson is an amazing player. If MBA has a new QB playing, I would treat him like Ed Reed or Eric Berry and avoid his area of the field at all costs. Your odds of turning the ball over have to go up when you try and do something in his direction. He kind of reminds me of Sean Richardson, first year as a full-time starter and he's having a great year for Vandy. From what I've seen of each both are capable of coming up to the LOS and making stops.