Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

I had a very nice time seeing RollRedRoll again, and had a fun conversation with his dad, who has 43 seasons of officiating under his belt.

Likewise. We've knocked out a neutral and home game; now we just need to find a road game.

I'll have to find out what my father had to say. Don't believe a word of it, though.

He said you were a delight to raise, one of the finest athletes ever to grace an MBA playing field, and a scholar without equal. And i didn't.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While lounging in my easy chair, reading the "Tennessean's" story about last night's game and hoping that Luke Colbert will heal as quickly as possible and have a full recovery, I couldn't help but notice the following exchange earlier yesterday afternoon:

First, dunedin12 wrote:

"wow. lets hope fletcher will be ok for the game.

just out of curiosity, do you guys think the players and or coaches read these threads?"

then 3yardsandacloudofdust responded with:

"The coaches might take a look at it. But I doubt the players care. From what I have heard from college recruiters in this area, some of the players in this game the past 2 years would have had difficulty reading anything."

NOTE TO 3YARDS: With all due respect, that type of cheap-shot post has no legitimate place on a board like this. What next, "Hooked on Phonics!" riffs? 8-) You denigrate what can be and should be the premier high schoool sports rivalry in the state by making ill-considered comments like that.

Not an impressive display by MBA. Whoever said Darkwa would have a field day was right, he looked very impressive. My prayers go out to Luke Colbert, I wish he and his family the best. Wish I could post more but I am a little on the tired side.

I saw the young man being taken off the field last night on the news. I hope he will be ok. My prayers are with him for a quick recovery.

While lounging in my easy chair, reading the "Tennessean's" story about last night's game and hoping that Luke Colbert will heal as quickly as possible and have a full recovery, I couldn't help but notice the following exchange earlier yesterday afternoon:

First, dunedin12 wrote:

just out of curiosity, do you guys think the players and or coaches read these threads?"

"The coaches might take a look at it. But I doubt the players care. From what I have heard from college recruiters in this area, some of the players in this game the past 2 years would have had difficulty reading anything."

NOTE TO 3YARDS: With all due respect, that type of cheap-shot post has no legitimate place on a board like this. What next, "Hooked on Phonics!" riffs? :thumb: You denigrate what can be and should be the premier high schoool sports rivalry in the state by making ill-considered comments like that.

I call them like I see them. You seem awfully defensive. If there is no truth to the post, I am surprised you would even know enough about who I was talking about to get your panties in such a wad.

I just don't like the way this whole thing is going. I don't think it is good for the kids who have their dreams shattered when a 6'5 guy shows up on campus who happens to play their position. I also don't think that it is good for the kids who are exposed to a lifestyle that they cannot hope to emulate--only to be cast aside when they are no longer useful on the athletic field. It is high school football. The only pros are the guys running the athletic departments. Give the over-achieving 5'10 180 lb kid a chance to play private school football for heaven's sake.

You are a fool:

fool

1??/ful/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fool] Show IPA

Use fool in a Sentence

See web results for fool

See images of fool

–noun

1. a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

2. a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement: the court fool.

3. a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid: to make a fool of someone.

4. an ardent enthusiast who cannot resist an opportunity to indulge an enthusiasm (usually prec. by a present participle): He's just a dancing fool.

5. a weak-minded or idiotic person.

Where do you think college recruiters hear things from? Do you know that college recruiters are actually guilty of gossip? Have you seen any transcripts or test scores? Since you are so certain can you please provide some test scores that are so horrid that they clearly indicate that players in this game can't read. Provide us some empirical evidence that shows us you are correct. Or, are you just a follower of liberal media gossip?

Show me the test scores that indicate that these kids can't read, and I will humbly stand corrected on this platform.

First, dunedin12 wrote:

NOTE TO 3YARDS: With all due respect, that type of cheap-shot post has no legitimate place on a board like this. What next, "Hooked on Phonics!" riffs? :oops: You denigrate what can be and should be the premier high schoool sports rivalry in the state by making ill-considered comments like that.

I call them like I see them. You seem awfully defensive. If there is no truth to the post, I am surprised you would even know enough about who I was talking about to get your panties in such a wad.

I just don't like the way this whole thing is going. I don't think it is good for the kids who have their dreams shattered when a 6'5 guy shows up on campus who happens to play their position. I also don't think that it is good for the kids who are exposed to a lifestyle that they cannot hope to emulate--only to be cast aside when they are no longer useful on the athletic field. It is high school football. The only pros are the guys running the athletic departments. Give the over-achieving 5'10 180 lb kid a chance to play private school football for heaven's sake.

Whoa. I did not think it was possible for you to top yourself CloudofDust but you did. Good job. Please tell us you have no kids of your own and do not plan to procreate? You are a very scary man.

First, dunedin12 wrote:

NOTE TO 3YARDS: With all due respect, that type of cheap-shot post has no legitimate place on a board like this. What next, "Hooked on Phonics!" riffs? :oops: You denigrate what can be and should be the premier high schoool sports rivalry in the state by making ill-considered comments like that.

This is you, isn't it? And you're still pissed off about it. Let me re--phrase, "you're a scary LITTLE man".

Cloud, et al, let's review:

1. No one is forced to go to a DII school. If you don't like how things are run, you are free to take your tuition dollars and go elsewhere. If you qualify for financial aid, good for you.

2. There is a lot of quality football in DII. Fine coaches, great kids. If you do not like how things are run in DII, watch elsewhere or have a chat with TSSAA.

High School sports are like nothing else. It's all heart, on its best days. When parents get involved, the spirit degrades a bit. Whether kids go on to play at MTSU, or Ivy League, is usually a matter of funds. Most DII kids can handle the academic work, especially the athletes. Again, kwoodruff was right: unless you have seen the test scores, shut the heck up. Your comments on this board say far more about you than they do about the great Tennessee kids who play high school football, whatever the high school team or where they can afford to go to college (full ride, partial, close to home, etc.) Many factors affect college decisions, not just athletic talent.

Back to football, and EHS v MBA. Haven't heard enough about MBA's players like Fitz Lassing, Brad Bars? What happened? I expected them to put up more of a struggle Friday night -- especially after watching Lassing beast his way, in the 2nd half, to beating Maplewood last week. Both EHS and MBA seemed rattled after Colbert suffered a concussion and was carried off the field, but MBA was down by 3 TDs by that time, late in the 2nd qtr (28 -7?). Not as much fun for fans, either, after that. Who has insight on who did what in the first half, when this game seems to have been decided?