Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

Ensworth should control most of this game. They have to many more athletes than MBA. They have many players that have grown up quite fast to become big time players.

But what makes ensworth the big time favorite is the Ensworth D. They lost one starter in their D. having 10 returning starters on your D makes them a definite top 5 D in the state. They also replaced the player with a better player and spread their speed out.

MBA will only stay in this game if they can hold Ensworth to 7 points but can any team in the nation hold Ensworth or Orleans to 0 points? We saw what he did with the 99 and 80 yard TD's on a better MBA D from last year. Who knows what he will do this time.

EHS - 34

MBA - 6

what on earth.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth should control most of this game. They have to many more athletes than MBA. They have many players that have grown up quite fast to become big time players.

this is the part that's truly amazing. You would think, if you were just looking at this objectively, that EHS would need several years (if not decades, given how tough d2 is) to assemble that sort of talent. I would think that kids around town would have to observe a couple of "overachieving" teams at EHS first (low on talent, big on heart, etc.) before agreeing to cast their lot with a school that has no history or track record.

But somehow, someway, EHS has (as this poster indicates) managed to put together a hypertalented team without any real history or track record to speak of, in just its third year of varsity football. It would be one thing if EHS were just winning with smarts and coaching, and whatever players migrated from the Ensworth Elementary School...but no! EHS has managed to draw in top talent from all over the mid-state! It is truly amazing and a great testament to the marketing and advertising folks at EHS! Well done! Our president could use that sort of persuasive talent in the White House right now!

ensworth's rushing offense will obviously tear mba apart for a considerable portion of the game, but i don't think they will be able to pass on mba very consistantly and now that they don't have tavarres at qb to run options i don't think they will be able to score anywhere near the number of points they put up on mba last year. especially if joe riegle spys on orleans like he did to the maplewood running back in the 4th quarter (he ripped mba up until then).

mba tore ehs apart with their passing game last year and i think they will do it again considering tanner and mobley had huge games last year versus ensworth. bars at te is also a huge upgrade from last year considering sloan was hurt by the time mba played ensworth last year. fitz is an animal in the running and passing game and i bet he racks up atleast 2 td's with tanner/mobley probably racking in another 2-3 td's.

fletcher is also a huge weapon for mba (if they can get a good snap and hold).

mba 31

ehs 28

i don't think they will be able to score anywhere near the number of points they put up on mba last year. especially if joe riegle spys on orleans like he did to the maplewood running back in the 4th quarter (he ripped mba up until then).

Last year Riegle didnt want to touch Orleans, so what makes you think he will want any more of him when he is bigger and faster now. Plus im pretty sure if mapplewood tore up MBA on the ground, Orleans could have a field day. They need to have fitz or barns to spy him instead of reigle to slow him down

i don't think they will be able to score anywhere near the number of points they put up on mba last year. especially if joe riegle spys on orleans like he did to the maplewood running back in the 4th quarter (he ripped mba up until then).

Last year Riegle didnt want to touch Orleans, so what makes you think he will want any more of him when he is bigger and faster now. Plus im pretty sure if mapplewood tore up MBA on the ground, Orleans could have a field day. They need to have fitz or barns to spy him instead of reigle to slow him down

And just when we were worried that it wouldn't degenerate into juvenile trash-talk....

Last year riegle was a sophomore, and anyone watching the maplewood wouldnt say that he didnt want to hit, and Van Leer is better than orleans, especially against MBAs crew

Last year riegle was a sophomore, and anyone watching the maplewood wouldnt say that he didnt want to hit, and Van Leer is better than orleans, especially against MBAs crew

Van Leer is good, but lacks size. He is quick as lightning, but I think Orleans is a better overall back. And I can't even understand what you are trying to say in the rest of your post. Also, while Orleans may not have a "field day"(as put by WalkIT), he will still put up some numbers against MBA. (That point directed to Gentle3000).

Watched the Maplewood game...MBA was lucky to have been within 2 TDs...Coaching killed Maplewood

When a team loses, it is common to say that said losing team was "within x points" of the winning team.

When a team wins, does one say that said winning team was "within -x points" of the losing team?

Just trying to clarify (I was never too good with algebra).

Van Leer is good, but lacks size. He is quick as lightning, but I think Orleans is a better overall back. And I can't even understand what you are trying to say in the rest of your post. Also, while Orleans may not have a "field day"(as put by WalkIT), he will still put up some numbers against MBA. (That point directed to Gentle3000).

I think any higher level than high school then Orleans is better, but Van Leer had crazy speed, incredible speed, and he wasnt afraid to turn it back to the other side of the field, and I think he was more elusive than Orleans is, and he could fit in the smallest gaps and pop out where no one would expect him. I would rather face Orleans than van Leer