Franklin Vs. Centennial

wilcofootball

I smell a dirty RAT! Obviously you are a jealous parent who has no insight as to what a TEAM these guys really are. If you knew anything about them, you would know there is senior leadership. You are a peon who has to hide behind a screen name. Get a backbone!

According to the Tennessean, the stats show that Ford had 6 carries for a gain of 68 yards. Get off his back! Dye went 3-4, Lee 10-27, and Miller1-6. For the receivers, Dye was 1-6, Ford 2-16, Gentry 1-11, Lee 2-6, Nelson 2-28, and Young 1-9.

The Rebels have 2 wins behind them and they will show up Friday night against the Cougars. Good luck to Franklin!

According to your stats, Franklin's play selection is about 2/1 (in favor of the running game) but this doesn't even account for attempted passes. Even if the QB is completing 50% of his passes (week 0 he was about 2-9, so that is probably not the case. Then Franklin's play selection is about 50/ 50 (under the assumption that #11 has a 50% completion rate. That is a heavy load on a sophmore, 50/ 50 with the best RBs in the back field. explain that to me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to your stats, Franklin's play selection is about 2/1 (in favor of the running game) but this doesn't even account for attempted passes. Even if the QB is completing 50% of his passes (week 0 he was about 2-9, so that is probably not the case. Then Franklin's play selection is about 50/ 50 (under the assumption that #11 has a 50% completion rate. That is a heavy load on a sophmore, 50/ 50 with the best RBs in the back field. explain that to me.

What does it really matter, FHS is 2-0. I see a team that will get better with each game.

What is Centennial's record?

I would love to see Centennial pull this one out but I dont see it happening. Franklin's QB may not have had his best game yet but he wont have to attempt that many passes against Centennial because of those 3 running of his in the backfield. I don't see Centennial being able to stop the run game. The only way I see Centennial winning is if they can score over 21 points but that's a tough task against Franklin's stout defense.

My prediction: Franklin 28 Centennial 8

Last week first.... Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the game, but I did get to hear some of it on the internet as well as reading the box score on Sunday. (terrible coverage by the way, but I guess that is what happens when you play out of state) anyways, what I don't understand is FHS's play calling. I mean there are 3 backs in the backfield that most teams in the state would kill to have just one of the 3. Instead Franklin goes to the pass game, with an untested sophmore QB. Between Dye, Lee, and Ford there were a total of what 20 carries, and that is probably being generous. I mean #4 had an 11 yard per rush average, but only got 6 touches. I just don't quite understand that one. On the other side though we through 21 passes?

Anyways, to this week... most people would tell CHS to stop the run, but I would say don't worry about it because apparently not even the coaches are worried about running the ball. Every year this is supposed to be a great game, "the one" where Centennial will get it done, but despite the two years where FHS has gone to the championship, these aren't really extravagant games. I just still don't see Centennial pulling this one out, especially not on Franklin's turf. Hopefully Franklin will learn from last week and keep it on the ground. I am hoping to get there, but not sure it will be worth paying the money to get in. Bad passing make for long games. dry.gif

FHS - 24

CHS - 6

i have seen Franklin play BGA that was a great game by the way but Franklin just has to much firepower in the backfield lee and ford are enough for teams but when u throw in the sophomore running Sean dye who lead them in rushing the BGA game. There backfield will be too much for centennial to even handle and Franklins defense swarms to ball i think the score will be 35-14

Last week first.... Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the game, but I did get to hear some of it on the internet as well as reading the box score on Sunday. (terrible coverage by the way, but I guess that is what happens when you play out of state) anyways, what I don't understand is FHS's play calling. I mean there are 3 backs in the backfield that most teams in the state would kill to have just one of the 3. Instead Franklin goes to the pass game, with an untested sophmore QB. Between Dye, Lee, and Ford there were a total of what 20 carries, and that is probably being generous. I mean #4 had an 11 yard per rush average, but only got 6 touches. I just don't quite understand that one. On the other side though we through 21 passes?

Anyways, to this week... most people would tell CHS to stop the run, but I would say don't worry about it because apparently not even the coaches are worried about running the ball. Every year this is supposed to be a great game, "the one" where Centennial will get it done, but despite the two years where FHS has gone to the championship, these aren't really extravagant games. I just still don't see Centennial pulling this one out, especially not on Franklin's turf. Hopefully Franklin will learn from last week and keep it on the ground. I am hoping to get there, but not sure it will be worth paying the money to get in. Bad passing make for long games. dry.gif

FHS - 24

CHS - 6

You should have gone to the game... Ford carried it 4 times on the opening drive. Those stats are not correct and it looked like they were going to the backs on screens at well. Do you guys count those? I do. It helps when you go to the game and see it for yourself. I heard its not unusual that the paper or stats for some high schools are not accurate. Just saying.

Centennial is 1-0 for whoever asked what their record was. They beat Antioch 21-12.

I'm hoping to be at the game this weekend. Thats the upside of a Labor Day weekend.

As far as the game goes, I have yet to see either team since last year. Obviously both sides lost players, Centennial probably more so than Franklin. So most will be quick to count Centennial out of this.

I will say though, the fact that this is a week 2 game instead of a week 10 game will be very interesting to see. I think that works in favor of Centennial and the fact that they have only played one game. It's less game film to study. And I think there is something to be said about upsets early in the season. I really don't think that any one really believes if last years Page/Centennial match up took place at the end of the season that Page would have won. Early season is always the trickiest. And the last time I remember there being an early season showdown between Centennial and Franklin would have been week four of 2004 and it was the closest game in the rivalry.

I'm not making a prediction simply because I don't know these teams.

However that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be on the sidelines cheering on my boys in blue.

FHS - 24

CHS - 6

You should have gone to the game... Ford carried it 4 times on the opening drive. Those stats are not correct and it looked like they were going to the backs on screens at well. Do you guys count those? I do. It helps when you go to the game and see it for yourself. I heard its not unusual that the paper or stats for some high schools are not accurate. Just saying.

I now know for a fact that those stats are correct. Ford carried the ball 6 times for 68 yards. And no swing routes and screen passes don't count on that, they are counted as receptions. :twisted:

FHS - 24

CHS - 6

I now know for a fact that those stats are correct. Ford carried the ball 6 times for 68 yards. And no swing routes and screen passes don't count on that, they are counted as receptions. :roflol:

Those stats are incorrect. They even got the score wrong... it was 31-14, not 31-13. I would never trust high school stats coming out of the Titanssean. :twisted:

FHS - 24

CHS - 6

I now know for a fact that those stats are correct. Ford carried the ball 6 times for 68 yards. And no swing routes and screen passes don't count on that, they are counted as receptions. :roflol:

You are incorrect sir or mam... I was at the game!!!! I saw more than six carries!! I am not trying to diss you in any way, but I think if you did not go to the game then dont defend statistics that can be wrong and that you did not witness... it happens all the time in high school. Also, I know those count as receptions, but a touch is a touch. They are trying to get the backs the ball not just by turning around and handing it to them but also by throwing it as well. That, to me, shows some effort to get these guys the ball. Think about it. :twisted: I am trying to get a copy of the game and I will get those stats for you... just not sure how soon depends on if I get the game film.

6 hand offs, 6 carries, 68 yards. The swing routes weren't trying to get him the ball, that is a bail out route. Football 101. you go to the swing route when rec. aren't getting open and QBs can't make the read or deliver the ball. And I even stated in the original post that I wasn't at the game, you goober.

The point of the matter is not even Mr. Ford, the point is that Franklin, with 3 great runningbacks and an inexperienced QB should be a run based team!!!!!!!!!